Chasing Rainbows

Forgetful minds

“I dropped out of school, started online classes and started avoiding all of my friends… meaning just these two.” I shrugged. “I just thought that… well how could anyone care about me when I didn’t even care about me? I didn’t care for myself. I actually hated me because I felt so weak. My panic attacks were getting really bad and my depression was even worse and I didn’t know how much longer I was going to be around and I didn’t… I thought that if I disappeared first that it would hurt them less when I died. I wrote you the letter and then you twittered me and I felt a little bit better about myself.”

“You die and I swear I will find a way to kill you myself.” Christian said and crushed me to his chest.

“No dieing on tour.” Oli said and looked me in the eyes after Christian let me go. “It aint allowed. Call one of these two or one of your tour mates when you start feeling like that. Okay?”

“Okay.” I said and turned back to my dresser to distract myself from the guilt. I picked up four pairs of skinny jeans and three pairs of shorts. Oli packed them into the suitcase and patted my back.

“Don’t feel bad Anna.” He whispered softly and smiled.

“I’ll try not to.” I replied and grabbed a couple sweaters off of hangers in my closet. I put them in the suitcase and packed it down. “Well shit. I don’t think that I’ll need the second case.” I put my laptop and its charger in and I put my make up box in and it all fit perfectly.

“Are you sure that this is all you want to bring?” Christian asked. “Arent you forgetting something?”

“No what would I be forgetting?” I asked and looked at the suitcase.

“This.” Dante said and grabbed my phone off of my desk and handed it to me. He tucked the charger into one of the front pockets. “Wait let me see that.” he took my cell and started messing with it. “Whenever you hear this-” To Keep From Getting Burned by Motionless in White started playing. “It is me so answer it or text me back. Whenever you hear this-” Bad Romance by Lady Gaga started blasting through my phone’s speaker. “It is princess over here so you should probably answer or text.”

“Hell no.” Christian muttered and took the phone from Dante. “This is my ring tone.” Enemies by Shinedown started playing. “I set Savannah in there as With Ears to See and Eyes to Hear. Don’t answer that.”

“Why not?” Oli asked.

“Well she used to be one of my friends but she is really a two faced bitch but I still kinda want to be her friend.” I said.

“And we are weaning her off of that shit.” Dante said.

“Fake friends suck.” Oli said and nodded his head.

“That they do.” Christian agreed and then sighed sadly. “Well little miss lady we better get going but we love you and don’t you dare forget us.” Him and Dante hugged me tightly and then they were gone.