Baby Doll

Whiskey Plans

Jenna was looking at the traffic passing outside her window. It was December 24th and people were out to run last minute errands, buying gifts and enough food to last them the entire holidays. She hoped that there would be less cars on the roads the following morning since she had decided to spend Christmas day together with her parents who lived a couple of miles from her own apartment. Jenna's friends had all started to form their own little families consisting of boyfriends, pets and so on. They didn't want to celebrate christmas with Jenna the way they had before – which was partying hard.

Wasteman87, Brendon, had been a bit distant the past few days and it worried Jenna. She had only received a couple of messages and they were all sent in the middle of the night. Could he have grown tired of her? Jenna shook her head and frowned.

It was Christmas and she understood that he might have other things to do, but still she felt so lonely without his messages. She felt forgotten.

“Calm down,” Jenna mumbled to herself and reached for a bottle of whiskey. She swiftly opened the lid and took a small sip. The liquid burned her throat and she could feel the warmth spreading like poison in her bloodstream. After the initial disgust she took another sip. Then the third one. As the number increased the burning sensation did as well and it could just as well have been water that she was drinking.

She put the bottle on the kitchen table and opened her laptop. To her big surprise she saw that Brendon was online.

BabyDoll says:
Hey Brendon! It's been a while since we last had a decent conversation. What's up?

Wasteman87 says:
Good evening! Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I've been a bit busy with wrapping gifts for friends and family.

Jenna took another sip of the whiskey. She smiled and her eyes were cloudy. After receiving just one of Brendon's messages she felt less lonely and the days of silence were forgotten.

BabyDoll says:
How did it go?

Wasteman87 says:
Honestly? It looks like shit.

Jenna chuckled and swept a couple of strands of her chocolate colored hair away from her face. She had started to feel the effects of the alcohol and she felt a bit happier. And slightly braver.

BabyDoll says:
You're adorable. I could have helped you.

Wasteman87 says:
Really? ;-)

BabyDoll says:
Yeah, I'm a good teacher. If I had your address I could have showed you a thing or two. But... You don't seem too interested in having classes with me.

She had never acted this flirty and she started to blush. Her cheeks turned pink and hot. Jenna knew that she wanted the person on the other side of screen. The fact that she didn't know exactly who he was made her feel a bit uncomfortable, though.

Wasteman87 says:
So you want to see me?

BabyDoll says:
Yes. Of course I want to see the person that I've been talking to for the past couple of months.

Wasteman87 says:
I've never done this before, Jenna. Arranging a meeting with someone I met online, that is. Are you absolutely sure that this is what you want?

BabyDoll says:
I don't want to continue talking like this if I can't see you. I want a real friendship and not a virtual one.

Jenna knew that her reply was a bit drastic and rushed, but with a significant amount of whiskey in her system it made total sense. The fact that Brendon could say no and that she might lose him forever didn't strike her until she saw the icon which indicated that he was typing a new message. Judging by the time it took for him to write it – it was long. Jenna started sweating and shaking.

Wasteman87 says:
I can't say that I'm 100% comfortable with this, but the thought of not being able to talk to you is more frightening than the idea of meeting you in real life. I just don't want you to have too high expectations of me, okay? If it's what you really want then – yes, I'm going to meet you.

BabyDoll says:
Okay... Should I come to you or the other way around?

This time his answer came a lot quicker.

Wasteman87 says:
I'll come to you.

BabyDoll says:
Great. Don't worry, I can help you out with the travel expenses. I live in Phoenix, by the way.

Wasteman87 says:
I live in Los Angeles, so it isn't too far away. Eh... This feels a bit strange, but do you want to set a date? The 28th works well for me.

Jenna couldn't believe her eyes. The 28th was only four days away. Would she be having an eye to eye conversation with Brendon in just 96 hours? It felt surreal and she started to doubt the decision to take it this far.

What if he was nothing like what Jenna had imagined him to be? What if he wasn't at all charming in reality? Jenna slammed her laptop shut and pushed it away from herself.

She might have just made the biggest mistake of her life.