Baby Doll

Sarah or Jenna?

It was the morning of December 28th and Brendon had never felt so torn in his entire life. He really wanted to go see Jenna, BabyDoll, and discover if their connection was as good in real life as it was on the online chat forum. Then, on the other hand, he was for the most time happy in his relationship with Sarah and didn't want to jeopardize their future as a couple.

“Do you really have to go, Brendon?” Sarah pleaded and buried her face in Brendon's chest.

He placed one hand on her shoulder and started stroking her hair with the other. Brendon's heart was aching and he felt sick. He had told Sarah that he was going to check out a new studio with special equipment – a lousy lie. “I'll be back tomorrow, babe. Don't worry.”

Sarah sighed and looked straight into Brendon's eyes. “You've been so distant lately... Can't you just stay here and let me take care of you?”

Brendon closed his eyes and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. That Sarah was acting so sweet just made him doubt his decision to go to Phoenix even more. It would have been easier for him to leave if she was acting out and being moody. “Tomorrow I'll be here with you, I promise. I really have to go now, okay?”

Sarah nodded. “Okay, I love you... Text me?”

Brendon smiled and kissed his girlfriend. “Sure. I love you too.”

He then picked his bag up, put his shoes on and went out the door. Am I cheating on her?, he thought and quickly tried to brush the question off. He hadn't been physical with Jenna, neither was he planning on doing anything with her, but yet he felt a strong desire to talk to her. Their conversations were always so natural and she possessed cockiness and wits that he had never seen from Sarah.

Brendon knew that it would be foolish of him to break things off with Sarah for a flirt online. He didn't even know what Jenna looked like - or if she really was of the gender and age that she said she was. He kind of hoped that she would turn out to be middle aged, have greasy hair and lots of warts. That would ease the cloud of confusion that surrounded him.

Well on the train, Brendon opened his laptop and wrote to Jenna.

Wasteman87 says:
I'm on my way now! See you at that coffee shop by noon?

Jenna was online and quickly responded to him.

BabyDoll says:
Okay! I'll be wearing a pair of blue jeans and a white top. I'm kind of nervous actually...

Wasteman87 says:
I don't bite. See you soon then!

Brendon then signed out and pressed his forehead against the cool surface of the window of the train. He wasn't a bad man. He didn't want to end up hurting Sarah, nor Jenna, but how would he do in order to prevent that from happening? He didn't know. After a while, the train stopped and Brendon had reached his destination.

~

He was standing outside the coffee shop where he and Jenna would meet. It was noon and the place wasn't very crowded. Brendon was looking through the window, searching for someone with blue jeans and a white top, and spotted a woman sitting alone at a table. Brendon's heart dropped and he knew that she was Jenna, the person he had been talking to for so long.

Her skin was lightly tanned and she had long dark hair. Brendon felt like he had been punched in the stomach when he realized that Sarah and Jenna were very similar appearance-wise. They had almost the same hair color and style, and they were both petite girls. He couldn't see Jenna all that clearly, but from a distance she could have easily been Sarah's sister.

Brendon's couldn't keep one single straight thought in his head. This isn't right, he thought, turned around, and walked away.

As the distance between him and the coffee shop grew, his brain could also start functioning again. He had panicked when he saw Jenna - because he felt a tingle in the depths of his stomach. There had been some kind of a feeling for her lurking inside of him. It was frightening to him and he didn't want to deal with the consequences. He wasn't a cheater. He wouldn't risk becoming one by getting any closer to Jenna - their friendship was far too dangerous.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while - sorry! ^_^
I'm now a dentistry student in Gothenburg, Sweden, and just lost my motivation to write. I might be a bit rusty, but wanted to post a chapter for you. Take care! :D

And I would also love to know more about the awesome people who read this story! We obviously already have ridiculously good taste in music in common, but I would love to know even more! So, send me a message if you're feeling chatty.