Baby Doll

A broken dream

Jenna was sitting by the table, nervously fiddling her own hair as she waited for Brendon to show up. Every time a man entered the coffee shop she jumped and every time someone made eye contact with her she wondered if it was him – but no one approached her. Jenna started getting a bad feeling about the situation. He was already twenty minutes late and Jenna felt so stupid for dressing up and spending all that time on applying makeup to look good for him.

An hour passed and there were still no signs of Brendon. He had stood her up. Jenna's cheeks were flushed and she struggled not to cry, like she always did when she was pissed at someone. All that anger just came out in the form of tears and suppressed grunts and whimpers. Jenna left the coffee shop and went home. As soon as she closed the door to her apartment, she let out a scream och fiercely wiped her eyes with the back of her hand until it turned black from wet mascara.

She stormed into her room, opened the chat-site and logged on. Wasteman87 was offline, but she left him a message anyways.

BabyDoll says:
Fuck you, Brendon (or whatever your real name is). Don't bother talking to me ever again. I looked forward to meeting you today, but you seem to take this friendship as a joke. I won't accept that. I've been nothing but kind to you – and this is what I get in return? Hope you had a good laugh. Ha ha. Peace out.

With tears streaming down her face she reread her message to Brendon hundreds of times. She cursed her stupidity and she cursed herself for getting attached to someone who didn't have the guts to show himself.

She had hoped that he would be her Prince Charming.

~

Brendon took the early train home to make Sarah happy by being able to spend the night right next to her. He felt motivated to go home and work on their relationship now that he had burned his bridges with Jenna, yet he felt a sharp sting of sorrow that he most likely never would talk to the spunky and supporting girl again. Sure, he wanted to – but suspected that Jenna didn't want to hear from him ever again. In fact, he wouldn't want to talk to someone if they had done the same thing to him.

He thought about his relationship with Sarah. She would get jealous and angry with him quite often – which caused Brendon headaches. He felt like he had to watch his every step, and was walking on eggshells, to avoid upsetting Sarah. Sure, he understood that it was difficult for her to see girls basically throwing themselves at him when they went out – but she had known about Panic! And the fact that he was famous when they first started dating. It shouldn't come as a surprise to her that he had lots of female fans.

Still, the good days were pretty darn fantastic. Sarah could be such a sweetheart at times and those days Brendon forgot all about the screaming and accusations.

He felt so happy and kind of relieved to be home again. The familiar butterflies in his stomach started fluttering as he opened the door to his house and went inside. It smelled amazing, like home-cooked food and vanilla-scented candles. There were two dirty plates on the table. Two? Had Sarah had a friend over for dinner?

Brendon raced upstairs with a bad feeling starting to take over his body. Sarah hadn't mentioned bringing a friend – which she usually did. He stopped right outside their bedroom and immediately started shaking as he heard sounds coming from the inside. First a familiar moan and following short after that a deep grunt. For a second, Brendon felt weak and ready to collapse on the floor. Then something else grew inside of him and filled him with power and energy.

Anger.

Brendon inhaled and quickly opened the door. There she was, the one that he loved the most, with another man between her legs. Brendon didn't recognize the other man who looked terrified.

“Get the fuck out of my house!” Brendon roared and gestured at the man – and the man quickly gathered his clothes and sprinted downstairs and out of the house.

Brendon then turned to Sarah who was trying to cover herself with a big pillow. “You too.”

Sarah's jaw dropped and tears were streaming down her face. “Wh-what? Brendon, are you serious?”

Brendon suddenly started feeling weaker again. He knew that he could never forgive Sarah for cheating on him, but he also felt bad for going to Phoenix to meet Jenna. Now he had lost them both in a matter of hours.

“Does it look like I'm joking? Get out of my house,” he said calmly and leaned against the doorpost.

“I can explain!” Her voice was desperate and she was almost choking on her words.

Brendon felt like laughing at the misery. How could you possibly explain having sex with someone else? 'Hey, we were both naked and then he slipped and landed inside me by accident. Sorry.'

“No, you can't. It's ironic how you always accuse me of cheating... I guess that you accused me of things that you had in yourself. Sarah, get out of here. We're done.”

Sarah closed her eyes and clenched her jaw as she shook her head from side to side. “I don't have anywhere else to go.”

Brendon was starting to grow tired of her not moving. He didn't want to see her anymore and his voice was harsh as he spoke. “You should've thought about that earlier, eh? Now get out.”

Finally she started to get dressed and went through drawers, collecting her belongings. Brendon felt so drained of energy and just wanted to rest. “Don't worry, I'll pack your things and place them outside tomorrow morning. Please, just leave now,” he said and furrowed his eyebrows.

Sarah stopped what she was doing and nodded, then went downstairs and left the building for what Brendon hoped was the last time. He followed her and locked the door. Thousands of emotions went through Brendon's mind as he was alone. He was disgusted with Sarah for sleeping with someone else when she thought that he would be out of town for a night. During their two years together, how often had that happened?

Brendon knew that he couldn't sleep in his bedroom where the two of them had just been. He went to the spare bedroom and curled himself up on top of the king-sized bed. He didn't care enough to remove his clothes and managed to fall asleep after hours of pondering and feeling sick.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave a comment if you like it, leave a comment if you don't. (:

As I said in the previous chapter - I'd love to get to know all of you. So send me a message if you're feeling chatty. Have a nice day!