Status: Sterek! Chaptered, because I cannot leave things as a one-shot. That's how terrible of a writer I am. Also I don't own anything - besides the plot - and the title is Marianas Trench 'Stutter' <--- main inspiration for this story (don't own that either).

Stutter

And there goes my sanity....

I was not about to admit it to Scott, but even I was still trying to get accustomed to the whole 'werewolf' thing. It was weird and it felt like someone had slapped me across the face with a frying pan. I swear. Even the business with this Allison girl didn't bother me all that much as the whole werewolf thing. My biggest problem right now? Getting Scott's stupid ass to believe me! I was getting there. I mean I could see it... but Scott - he was more persistent than I was these days! How that's even possible I have no idea!

I spent the best of three days rampaging the internet trying to find anything at all that could possibly help Scott and he did jacksquad. He was being stubborn and for every time I had tried to convince him over the past three days I felt more and more stupid. How's that even possible for someone who's been madly in love with a girl since 3rd grade! Gees... Scott needed to get his head out of his ass and listen to me. I know I might say a lot of stuff all the time, but it was getting annoying.

---

I stumbled down the stairs this morning barely standing on my feet as I hit the last step. It felt like this week would never end and Scott's constant persistence was getting on my nerves more than I would admit. I stopped at the foot of the stairs, barely managing to stand. I padded myself on my jeans pockets and stumbled back up the stairs. I had forgotten my phone on my desk. Crap, crap, crap! If I was late my dad was for one not going to be very happy with me and Scot would think I was 'getting obsessed' with this 'werewolf-business' he so liked to call it.

As I stumbled back into my room I took a moment to locate the bloody device I was so attached to. It was more my girlfriend than any other object I owned. It was almost embarrassing. Sometimes I felt worse than some of the girls from my class. I rolled my eyes at myself and turned to my desk. Aaaand 1-0 to Stiles. I grinned, grabbed my phone and once more did the impossible act of stumbling down the stairs violently enough for anyone else to fall did they try to do the act after. My dad often told me I was going to break something one day coming down those stairs. Did I believe him? Not a chance. I always told him that if that happened, someone pushed me. He never really seemed to get the joke in that comment. I found it pretty funny....

Back to my current situation and not my bad jokes to my dad. I once more, in a span of a few seconds, found myself at the foot of the stairs again. "Keys..." I mumbled, roaming through the kitchen and livingroom, trying to remember where I put them last. My eyes fell back onto the stairs and I groaned loudly. "Really? You gotta be kidding me..." I complained as I (once more) went up the stairs. "I'm done with trying to help you Scotty, I swear." I grumbled to myself as I hauled my ass up the stairs again. I felt like a complete idiot having to go back up for a second time. My dad would think I was on something if he had been home.

Seeing my room for the third time this morning already I let out a sigh and let my eyes run over the room's mess once more. i really needed to stop with all the research and the urge to print out anything and everything I found to show it to Scott. My homework was bound to be more important. Not that I was going to prioritise anything. My father already knew that. Why did he have to catch us that night in the woods anyway?! I totally am never allowed in on all the fun! Never. Stiles was bound to be left out.

I looked at my phone after flipping through a small pile of papers on my desk in search for my keys. Nothing and I was going to be late as it was already. If I had to walk as well... I should just start digging my own grave already. And just like that - just like someone had heard my desperate prayers there were my keys! unbelievable was the only word running through my mind as I grabbed the keys and for the... third(?) time this morning bolted down the stairs. Talk about a frustrating start to the day.

I bolted out the door and almost scrambled into my truck as I tried to get to school as fast as possible. Sitting there in the drivers seat, looking out the windscreen I remembered another thing. The front door. I glanced at it and groaned. Practically blown open wide it stood there and beckoned anyone n the street to enter. Now getting angry I jumped back out of my keys, made it halfway to the door when I hurried back to my truck. No locked doors without house key. I grabbed the offensive piece of metal and hurried back to the door. I slammed it close much harder than I needed to and locked it. Then I ran back to my truck.

---

The trip to school was luckily rather uneventful and luck seemed to be on my side. For once this morning. I had no idea how fast i drove, all I know is that I made it to school picking up about... I had to look at the clock in my truck again as I drove into the parking lot and dropped my jaw. 10 minutes?! I was bound to have been speeding 3/4th way of the trip. Not something my dad needed to know.

Stumbling out of my truck I made it to the front door when I realised the most crucial thing I had forgotten and for once really felt faith slapping me in the face with a frying pan. A wrought iron one. Bam! I felt like this mainly because... drumroll.. I had forgotten my backpack at home. It was loyally sitting against my desk, where I had left it yesterday when I got home. I wanted to slap myself so hard. That I actually did that was beside the point. Annoyed with myself I made it through the doors and hurried through the corridors, determined to make it to my locker before the second bell made my ass late.

Of course that never happened. I was late. Because I made it to my locker and the second bell went. I slammed my head against my locker door, before I came to my senses and rushed to open my locker. I actually, despite my intelligence, managed to fail somewhere between 3 and 5 times. I managed to open it - eventually. I, in blind panic, grabbed what my mind could make out I had first period, before I slammed it back shut and locked it again. Then I sped through the corridors, trying to make it to my... fuck... I glanced at my books. English. Just great. That was the other way. I stopped abruptly and sped back from where I came, towards the English corridor.

---

When I actually managed to make it there I was in a blind panic and my mind was searching for any valid excuse to be this late. I was so dead - especially when my dad found out. What was I going to tell him? That I had spent half the night researching the phenomenon of lycanthropy because I had a 99.9% suspicion that my best friend Scott had become one, the night we were in the woods... the time i claimed that he was not with me. Yeah, like that was going to go down very well. I would just have to think of some other reason to be late and without a backpack. I opened the door abruptedly and stumbled through the door. Straightening myself up I looked around my classmates and at the teacher before I swallowed. My mouth was dry but it did not stop my mouth from running. Someone bless my ADD, because I can't.

"Sorry.. ah.. I was just.. talking to my... history teacher... yeah, talking to my history teacher about... a prr... project, yeah... a project about history... obviously, because I mean it's history after all." I let on a nervous smile directed at my teacher as I hoped desperately that tha lie was going to go down even remotely well. It probably wasn't but it was worth a shot - right? My teacher only rolled his eyes at me and told me, in an annoyed voice, to take a seat. I did not need him to tell me that twice. I scrambled between rows of tables and ended at the second last row to the back. I slid into the vacant seat and laid my books on the desk. I was so dead...

That lie had been completely out of creativity and I was going to be busted in seconds. It was quite frustrating actually. I was usually pretty good at making up excuses even remotely close to the truth. My problem was that I could not just go blaring out the truth. running a hand through my military cut short hair I felt something on my other arm. I turned and looked at Scott who was seated behind me. I turned and looked at him confused. "Why were you late?" He asked in a whisper as he looked at me with those eyes that I just had to answer to. He was my best friend for heaven's sake! I let out a small groan and turned away from him. "Well, I would tell you if you weren't going to shoot me down as soon as I opened my mouth, so i'm just not gonna tell you." I said in a low voice, loud enough for Scott to hear.

I could almost feel the roll of his eyes as he found my answer displeasing. I also almost felt how he leaned over his table to talk to me. "Fine! I believe you okay. Something really weird happened yesterday and I was actually going to tell you about it..." He paused and I closed my eyes, angry at my quick defeat and turned to him. "What?" I asked rapidly. He gave me a victorious smile as I asked. "Okay, so I went to bed and... suddenly I found myself stumbling and falling in the woods, my arm hurting really, really bad and.. Derek was there.. He told me that the bite was a 'gift' - whatever that meant. And he wanted to teach me..." That was when I stopped my best friend. "Derek?! What the hell? Are you actually telling me that he might be the one who sent your sorry ass into more trouble than both of us can handle?"

I looked at Scott as he simply shrugged like it did not bother him at all. "Well... are you going to?" Scott looked at me with a questioning look in his eyes. "To what?" He asked. I blinked a few times, making my surprise at his slow brain obvious to him. "Going to take up the offer from Derek, you idiot. What did you think I mean?" I asked slightly annoyed. Scott simply shrugged and turned back to the task at hand. I groaned, rolled my eyes and turned back to my own things. I guessed that that was all I was going to get out of him for now. Annoyed I spent a few moments with my own thoughts. He could not be serious. Derek?! That dude whose family had all gone up in flames? Hell no. IF he was a werewolf there was a huge chance that he was the one to bite Scott for christs sake! I turned to my best friend, almost knocking my stuff off my table in the violent twist of my body. "You cannot be serious?! Derek? Really, Scott?" I looked at him disapprovingly.

He looked up at me, a little surprised at my hostility. "Easy. I never said I was going to take the offer up Stiles. Slow down." He said and looked at me with that set look that said that he would tell me when he knew. I felt very uneasy about that, but I turned back to my own things for the rest of class. Derek never far from my mind. That bastard werewolf that had turned my best friend into something that had ruined both our lives. Jesus!

---

I trailed after my best friend as we left school after, what felt like a very long day. "Scott... I did some more digging..." For once in my life Scott actually interrupted me rudely. "Stiles.. I really don't care right now. Can we talk later?" He asked. I stopped dead in my track as he walked over to... Allison. Really? Allison? But why? What had I done? And no it could not wait. It was really really important what I had to say and here Scot was, completely ignoring me. I let on a slightly distressed look and left school. Whatever was going on I was not going to let Scott blow me off like that, or even pretend like nothing had happened. I would go home and do some more research and I would shove it in Scott's face as soon as I caught him.

Oddly enough the latter happened a lot faster than I thought. I actually caught up with Scott just outside the school. I looked at his odd expression. "What?" I asked when he did not seem to notice mt presence at all. He turned to me and did a quick scan of the crowds before he spoke up, in a hushed tone. "Allison's dad.. he's one of the hunters from last night." He said in a rapid breath. He straightened up and looked toward where the Argents' car had been a few seconds ago. "You gotta be kidding me?" I said in a voice that only implied the new information I now had to deal with. Hunters? Allison's dad? Seriously? Was fate hating me or something?! Now I had to find the best way to keep my friend alive from... werewolf hunters?! Could this get any worse? Not really, not when Derek was added to the mix. I gritted my teeth at the memory of that idiot.
♠ ♠ ♠
OKAAY! So, this is more or less placed around season one. Keep in mind that it's been a while since I watched it and I'm not going to stick to the timeline. Mainly because I found that a lot happened in each episode. And I have my favourite parts of season one I might just pick out. But... roughly season 1. I might have to re-watch it.

But I hope you all liked it. I got this idea quite spontaneously and I just had to start it. I hope you guys like it and want me to continue! I'm sorry if any character seem OOC :/ I'm trying O.O

And this will be a chaptered one as said in the main post - because I'm that terrible of a writer ;D If you want I would love if you would leave a comment. Either just telling me yes or no or something constructive. Comments makes all little reapers happy.

I will update this one every.... Wednesday! so look out for new chapters every Wednesday!