Status: Sterek! Chaptered, because I cannot leave things as a one-shot. That's how terrible of a writer I am. Also I don't own anything - besides the plot - and the title is Marianas Trench 'Stutter' <--- main inspiration for this story (don't own that either).

Stutter

It Doesn't Matter Anyway

The sound of the door shutting behind me had me turn my head rapidly, a moment of shock in my eyes. then they trailed to the stairs behind Derek. A moment of silence followed before we both grinned. That smile on Derek's lips were so different from the others I had seen. A little out of place and it did not really suit him, but it was better than a the scowl he usually wore. And I was sure that my smile was not exactly worth a movie either. It was that wide and that cheeky. We barely took a second longer before y lips crashed against his once more, hands grabbing on neck, hair and hips. Derek's on my hips and I could not think of the amount of times I had imagined that. It was insane. My entire world was spinning like a roller coaster.

We tripped and stumbled our way to the stairs, like a really bad b movie make out scene. My back was no doubt slammed into the wall more than a few times and I was impressed that my dad could sleep from the noise, because we were louder than loud and we were just stumbling around, trying to make it to my room. Normally I would have been there by now, but the way Derek made my head spin had my feet insecure and my breathing laboured. I could barely stand and I could not appreciate Derek's hands more in that moment. I told myself as we made it to the top of the stairs that this was how I wanted Lydia to feel if I ever got a chance with her. I said if because I was not sure of Derek was going to let me go.

How we made it to my room with the door slamming loudly and my back against it before my dad woke up was a miracle. That or we had really no been all hat loud anyway. But on the way up I could swear that every step we took was as loud as heels in an empty corridor. The only reason I heard my father was awake was due to the sudden call out of my name. And I froze like I hadn't in a long time. Not even when I had to lie to my dad, did I freeze up like this. Never. Not even close.

"Stiles?" My dad's voice came from just outside my door. "Oh, hey dad..." I said with a fake smile on my lips, my heart racing faster than I thought possible. "Are you okay?" He asked and knocked once at my door. I swallowed hard, my eyes finding Derek's deep hazel eyes. He seemed just as clueless as I felt. There was no way to find words with him. "Yeah.. I was just.. Sorry, I didn't mean to slam my door so loudly." I said, unintentionally putting pressure on the last few words, my eyes locking with Derek's. The werewolf just rose a brow and shrugged at me. I could have punched him for that, but I refrained to rolling my eyes and turn back to my dad on the other side of the door. "It's cool. Just go back to sleep. I guess I was just a little careless." I excused myself. My dad did not sound very much like he believed me but he left none the less.

I exhaled deeply and turned my full attention to Derek. The other looked at me with those cold eyes that he always used when he talked to me. It was odd. I sighed, rolled my eyes and pushed past him while I mentally cursed my dad for ruining that one. Only, I never got too far before Derek grabbed my arm, obviously a little harder than intended, but he got my attention. "What?!" I snapped as I turned to him. "Wanna apologise for your tongue drying out?" I asked, sarcasm dripping off of my words. Derek could not have rolled his eyes harder than he did. "Just shut up." Derek snarled at me and dragged me to my bed. If I had ever thought that Lydia gave off mixed signals Derek took the prize in a blink of an eye. That guy could send mixed signals like he got paid for it.

---

Saturday. The day could not have come as more of a blessing to me. I rolled over in my bed and buried my face in the warm pillow. A small smile spread on my lips. God I could sleep the rest of the day. Besides that dream was really, really good, even if Derek had stolen the light from Lydia. It was okay. Lydia was still my number one. She was fantastic. Then again. She didn't really have that element of danger around her. And icy blue eyes were not her thing either. But I was sure she would look really good with them. Those cold eyes that only shoved when Derek wanted to make a point. And the Hazel that always was present. I could live with the cold stares I always got.

That was when I realised that my pillow should not have been warm at all. It should have been freezing if it should have been anything. Slowly my eyes fluttered open and I let out a small dissatisfied sound. The idea of waking up because of a stupid thought did just not sit right with me. "Move." Came a voice, that sent small chills down my spine and had me look up with a startled look on my face. It was not my pillow I had been laying on. Nope, it had been Derek Hale. Yeah, how I missed the difference between his muscles and feather down was a mystery to me in that small second of awkwardness.

And I was rendered speechless. I stared at Derek like he had invaded my person space and I could barely wrap my head around the fact that my so called 'dream' could very well have been more than a little real. "You know that my dad don't allow dogs in the beds, right?" I said with a raised brow. My only comeback to his command that I move. "So maybe you should listen to what I say before I get your little werewolf ass in trouble." I threatened, probably a little louder than I should have. Derek rolled his eyes at me and when my door opened I died a little inside. I died. Because someone walking into my room like that on a Saturday could only be one person and he was not particularly fond of Derek. And that was mildly put.
♠ ♠ ♠
Omg, what did I do?! Someone shoot me! I should be killed for those stupid cliff hangers. Or at least I should never be allowed to publicise a book. Imagine the oscar they would have to make. 'Most Cliff-Hangers In A Book' award. That would be really awkward.... Sorry everyone! Me and cliff-hangers have a thing, okaaay? Dx But! I will come back next Wednesday with more goodies ;))