Status: Sterek! Chaptered, because I cannot leave things as a one-shot. That's how terrible of a writer I am. Also I don't own anything - besides the plot - and the title is Marianas Trench 'Stutter' <--- main inspiration for this story (don't own that either).

Stutter

Not Exactly a Touchdown

I hadn't talked to my dad the entire day and I was still contemplating on how to start this conversation. It was like inviting a cannibal over for vegetarian dinner. Derek had left earlier, and I said left despite the fact that it was probably more like him being chased out. And now I was stuck in our house without any words to say and every time I looked at my dad he sent me a glare. I hurriedly looked away and awkwardly rubbed a hand against the back of my neck. I cleared my throat hoping a little that my dad would get a call out. My eyes fixed at the phone, my leg bouncing up and down a little impatiently. I needed to talk to Scott. I needed a little friendly help even if he'd just ask me if I'd lost my mind.

I was so deep in thought that when the phone rang I jumped a little in shock and sat up straight. My dad got up to take it. I had never been more hopeful in my life that the father, whom I cared like crazy for, would actually leave me the hell alone so I could think. But also because I couldn't take another moment of my dad looking at me like I had done something that would make anyone think poorly about me. Like he was afraid that I would get hurt. I could not take that angry, sad... whatever it was for a look, I was getting a little fed up with it.

When my dad hung up I almost jumped as much as I had done when it had rung in the first place. I looked at him with the same curious look in my eyes. However, this time I was not at all interested in what case he had to run off to. I was excited for him to leave me alone for a little. I wanted to get away from that odd look that was impossible to decipher. It was like trying to read Derek's mind and that was impossible in any angle ever possible. Hell, even the few times when Scott tried to get through to him it was nothing but waste of our time.

"Sorry, Stiles. I've gotta go. And now, no sneaking around and following me. Got it?" He asked in a serious tone and all I could do was put up my hands in defence. "I would never do that." I tried in a serious tone. "And I swear, if you catch me around your.... wait.. what? What happened?!" I suddenly realised halfway through my preaching what my father had said. He only sighed at me and shook his head before he left. Just before the door slammed shut he looked at me a last time and pointed a finger at me. "I mean it." He said seriously like I was going to do something. I could only try to convey my promise in raised hands and brows. The door closed and I swore a jolt of electricity shot through me as the sound of the car leaving the driveway.

Only then I jumped from my seat, all thoughts about earlier shoved to the back of my mind. I just spend to my room and grabbed my phone. "C'mon... Scott, pick up!" I said impatiently listening to the dial tone. If he did not pick up I had no idea of what to do to him. Or her. Allison, who was a hunter and was stealing my friend away from me a little. I was not jealous, just annoyed that all Scott could think about was her. I tapped my foot against the floor as I waited while my eyes darted around the room like I was trying to follow the movements of a restless fly. I sighed and bit my tongue when I only reached his voice mail. I took a moment before I said anything, my mind running through the amount of threats I could deal and not gain anything from it.

"Hey, Scott... it's Stiles... I guess I just needed a sniffer dog for a little something something, but apparently... you're too old to roam the woods with me any more... it was.... fun...talking to your voice mail and.. just get one explaining your hardcore doggie already. We all know you're horny idiot. Why not remind those of us who call you while you're with your girlfriend. Never mind. I promised my dad not to go out anyway.. see you on Monday.." I hung up and dropped my phone onto my bed. "Well that was uneventful." I murmured to myself and took another look around my room for a solution to my issue. Scott was usually never really up for a chase for a crime scene, but he at least knew how to pick up his phone whenever I called. Wow... I sounded like a jealous ex girlfriend... Oops.

I slipped into my chair, punching a fist into my leg trying to think of what to do now. I could go off on my own but it was not quite the same thing. Or I could just sit back here like I had promised and waste away my weekend like I had no friend and nothing better to do than homework. I was smart and probably had a little ADD making it easier for me to ramble, but I was not a nerd and I was not going to spend my weekend in my room while my best friend was busy with a girl. I was not going to be part of that trio. I just wasn't. And I didn't have to, because as I was slamming the fist harder into my leg I got the fourth jump scare today. Why? Was I that out of it?

Suddenly a hand grabbed my wrist tightly, keeping me from hitting myself repeatedly. It had only been in thought, however, as I was stopped and the tenderness finally got to surface I guessed that I was probably thinking a little too hard. As I looked up I came face to face with the last person I would have thought would show up in my room. Especially after the jump scare we had gotten this morning, being woken up by my dad and that. But Derek was here... and I had not a clue why. Didn't he have some important 'alpha' stuff to attend to? I was not exactly up there with priority things such as Derek, probably, secretly wanting to be an alpha. Hell I would have been an alpha if I could choose, but I couldn't so I didn't.

"Did someone smash your head in or did the hunters experiment on you because 'stupidity' is definitely worth adding to your curriculum." I commented with a serious, yet joking voice. Only an idiot would come back after being kicked out of a house. I held his stare with a look of anticipation in my eyes. He only looked back and did not look like he was going to say something. However, he did let go of my arm. His eyes were serious and his body language was daring - daring me to say another word about his intelligence. "You might be able to get another job than ripping people's throats out... with your teeth." I added the last part in mock seriousness and pointed at him for emphasis. I would never forget that add-on to his threat. "Or I could just pick your bones and never have to listen to an IQ lower than an average dog's." He shot back with that odd expression that looked to me like a mix between deep seriousness and joking.

"Wow... just make sure to start with my lips or my dad might hear you from his crime scene and come rushing back to kick you out." I joked wit raised brows. I was not sure if it was supposed to be a threat or not, but it sounded like one so I didn't think more about it. Maybe that was why I was not prepared for the response Derek gave me. Because I could as well have had my head hit with a brick and I would have the same reaction.

Derek suddenly, out of the blue, not teasing touches or annoying tickling breaths in my neck. It was more like we had just come in from the outside, trying to keep a secret. That was how desperate it felt to me and maybe I was still in shock at the bluntness of the situation and that was why I couldn't process it properly. Whatever it was it took me at least three seconds to relax into it and actually do something other than sitting shocked on my chair like I had just been told I was a girl. I for real a girl. Obviously I wasn't but that was beside the point. I would know... and Derek would - but that too was beside the point.

It had nothing to do with Derek. My sweaty palms when I thought of him or my racing heart when his name was mentioned. It was all nothing. I was just on edge. Too much werewolf stuff. That was all. I was not avoiding Derek because he had my stomach flip and my hands grow sweaty and my voice shaking. No, I was just angry with him. I just needed a bit of normal human space, without Derek everywhere. Well, moderately at least. It would be weird if he disappeared.

I took a deep breath through my nose as the memory rushed back at me. I was not about to admit that I loved Derek. I didn't. I might like him though. How else would I allow the kiss in the first place, or the way his fingers rested on his knee for a little support but so gently it sent chills down my spine? Had I not been so focussed on the other male, I would have probably shivered and jumped a mile back, but the light touch, the lips, the warmth radiating off of him had my mind clouded. I even forgot that I had called Scott and that he might actually not be with Allison and be calling me back, or even just showing up. That part he took after Derek.

Nope, I just kept my eyes closed, my heart beating a little heavier than it usually would and my own hands gripping tightly at the sides of his T-shirt, almost like I refused to let him go. Like I refused to let it end there. And I did. I was not done. Derek might have started it but I was going to end it - when I wanted to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Omg! An update and I died! See you all next week for another chapter! Hope you all liked this! Reaper out!