Status: Sterek! Chaptered, because I cannot leave things as a one-shot. That's how terrible of a writer I am. Also I don't own anything - besides the plot - and the title is Marianas Trench 'Stutter' <--- main inspiration for this story (don't own that either).

Stutter

Secrets That Never Lasts Are The Best

It was not that things were getting easier. To be honest it felt like they were only getting more difficult. My head lost in something else I barely noticed my dad get home and even less hear him as he took the stairs. I only noticed him when the door opened and I jumped in my seat a little and turned to him. "Hey dad." I shot like I had done something. He looked a little suspicious as well and frowned slightly and even looked around my room. "What's up?" He asked like he always did. I could only shrug. It was not like a lot was going on other than homework and I was getting a little tired of Scott. He always needed me when I was not in the mood. My dad shrugged a little and turned his eyes to the papers everywhere. "What're you doing? School project or something? Or are you trying to see how many copies it'll take to empty a round of printer ink?" He asked a little confused.

I took a look around me and saw what he meant. I had been so caught up in research and homework that I had ended up almost burying my floor under endless streams of paper. I cleared my throat, my mind looking for the best excuse for the funny mess. "No.. I was just... I was just doing a little research for Scott." I cleared my throat halfway through my sentence and my eyes were diverted to the paper before I turned to my dad with innocent eyes. He just gave me a funny look and backed out of my room like I had lost my mind.

I sat there for a second just looking at the closed door, before my brain kicked in and I jumped to the floor to gather all the papers in somewhat neat stacks that made a little more sense. And there was no kidding in my dad's comment. It really looked like I had been trying to see how much I could print on one run of printer ink. It was ridiculous. It looked ridiculous.

As I went over more than a few of the papers I could not help but notice small notes in the margin or wherever there was space. "What the...?" I took a moment to look at them before I shook my head and gave up. I had probably meant something with my notes, and it would give something else for Derek to judge me by. Even after everything he still judged me. Still. One would think that with all the 'not-s-innocent' change of mouth water that he had got to go easy on me, but no. I was still the stupid human with nothing but idiocy dropping from my lips. Of course he wouldn't know what it was like to be human stuck in a supernatural mess I had, for anyone's information, never asked to be part of!

The sound of my phone going off had me drop the papers in my hand on my bed and fish out the phone from my pocket. It was Scott. Something about coming over. Either I was too distracted to read the text right or he was really terrible with spelling right now. I started texting him back only to suddenly hear the sound of someone getting through my window. I jumped for the second time in a short time and glared at my best friend. "Jesus... next time text me to let me know if I'm even here." I commented a little flustered. The suggestion that Scott could have shown up with Derek and I having a little distraction from our initial goal would have been more than a little uncomfortable to explain. Not only why Derek would be here but also what the hell was going on. So I was in a way glad the older werewolf was not around and that I now got a chance to tell Scott off.

He only gave me a funny look and dropped onto my bed with a small sigh. I sighed a little myself and looked at him with a slight look of defeat. "So... what's up?" I asked, only waiting for what the other could possibly have to say. Scott took his time before he answered and shrugged a little before. "I'm just so tired of Derek. He has so much to say but have no answers for my questions. It's like he just doesn't want to tell me anything. Like he's better than I am." Scott spouted and I would not admit it, but I was more than a little thankful that the other was not talking about Allison again. I shrugged a little. "It's Derek. When do we ever get answers on our questions?" I asked.

I made it sound quite genuine and about the entire werewolf business, but I had other reasons to want answers. Derek seemed to come around whenever he wanted, but only showed when he wanted. I had no idea what he was up to and I had no idea what in the world he wanted from me and what he gained from everything. I could only shake my head and try to convince myself it might just be one of those weird experimental periods. Fun was he was a lot older than I was. Or I had that feeling. "Why do you even bother asking him? It's not like he's suddenly going to show up and say 'So... about that answer to your question...'" I imitated the older werewolf. I was getting as sick of him as Scott apparently was. Which was not news. Derek and I were not exactly supposed to be around.

"No because that would be waste of breath, because you idiots wouldn't get what I said anyway." The voice of Derek suddenly reached the two of us. Scott jumped and I had a feeling I jumped even more and as my eyes locked on newly arrived male's I was not sure whether to be flattered that he was here or ashamed that I had mocked him loud enough for him to hear miles away. My heart picked up a little as the eye contact lingered for a little longer than necessary before Derek broke it and turned to Scott. I was not sure whether to be thrilled that the moment had only lasted so long or annoyed that Scott was here and the eye contact had been so brief.
♠ ♠ ♠
On time! Wow... awesome! Okaay so I hope you liked it! I sure did! Make sure to return next week and I love you all!