Status: Sterek! Chaptered, because I cannot leave things as a one-shot. That's how terrible of a writer I am. Also I don't own anything - besides the plot - and the title is Marianas Trench 'Stutter' <--- main inspiration for this story (don't own that either).

Stutter

I'm Not Telling Him!

Scott luckily left after that ridiculous stunt he pulled. He asked no further question. For that I was thrilled and thankful. I would not know what to have told my best friend if he had started asking more questions. Or if he had entered the room only seconds later. If that had happened, I might have died and sunk so deep into the ground that it would even bring the Devil's world to shame. Watching a suspicious glance from Scott disappear behind the door had me sigh in the inside. At the sound of my friend's steps on the stairs I sighed on the outside. Derek seemed to mimic my action as I turned towards him at the sound of a breath that sounded much like a sigh. he would deny it was if I asked. So I shut up about it.

"And let's never do that again." I commented in my chirpy voice, determination thick in it. From the look Derek shot me, my sentence had sounded a little different than what I had intended. I gave him a stern look before I defended my statement. "Is it some kind of malfunctioning in your brain to only notice the negative?" I commented with a raised brow, a little confused with how the hell Derek managed to be this pessimistic all the time. With only a glare from the older werewolf I held up my hands in defence. "I was just wondering. I'm not the one turning into a vicious, out-washed dog, with terrible manners every full moon." I commented only to get a threatening sneer from the other.

I offered another defeated look before I walked around and sat back down at my desk, exactly the spot where my day had started. A small sigh left my lips before I could stiffen it. I swore in that moment, that dealing with werewolves was not a profession I would have chosen if I wanted to. Not at all. They seemed to have terrible timing, bad moods and they were so damned nosey it was insane. Then there were the times when they whined that I had no idea what it was like. It was not like I had asked for it. Scott and I had been on the wrong spot in the wrong time, and Scott had just been in the receiving end of something none of us had thought. And Scott had not even believed me at first. Did ignorance come with the werewolf 'curse'?

I felt someone move behind me but I did not bother to turn and look. I knew it was Derek moving around. I could even feel the other's breath on my neck long before it was actually there. I was not getting used to it, but boy did the simple thought send shivers down my spine? Yes, yes it did. I took a shaky breath, trying to control the shiver that wanted to ravage down my spine and let Derek know that his closeness for sure did things to me. I failed though and shuddered just enough for my shoulders to move for a few moments. My jaw tightened a little as I felt the werewolf's breath move from my neck to my ear causing another shiver down my spine. This one came a little more unexpected and I was not quite able to stop it.

I knew that Derek was doing anything to tease the self-control out of me and I could only admit that it was working. Against all my inner struggles, apparently Derek knew how to get under my skin, just like I knew just how to get under his. Oh the irony of payback whenever it was just the two of us in my room.

A groan formed in the back of my throat, however, I refused to let it go and instead let my eyes slide shut with a small shudder of my breath. My brows furrowed as suddenly my sight was gone, but yet could imagine exactly what I was feeling, the warm breathing against my skin leaving my heart racing a little faster and my mind a little closer to a mess than it already was. Derek had to have noticed my heavy breathing through my nose and his eyes shut tight. He had and I heard the little satisfied humph as he leaned away from me again. His smile was almost audible through the sound he made. I was not sure whether I liked the satisfied tone or not, but there was little I could do without making myself a dead give-away that I was deeply torn between telling him off with a sneering comment or if I wanted more. It was like trying to choose between popcorn and soda in a cinema. You could not have one without the other. There was no way.

I turned in my seat and fixed a relaxed expression at the werewolf. As relaxed as I could muster with the feeling of Derek's breath still present on my neck, reminding me what part of me wanted. "So... what brought you? It could undoubtedly have been the good looks on it's own." I wiggled my eyebrows suggestively at my own comment. Derek's only reaching was an arched eyebrow and I swore that the time I could make him smile other than when he had to, I would tell Scott exactly what was going on between me and Derek. No questions asked. Derek let his eyebrow fall into place before he spoke in his usual tone of voice. "I have a lead on the alpha. A strong one." He commented. I dropped my jaw for a second and looked towards my still open bedroom door. "Why the hell didn't you just say that when Scott was here?!" I almost screamed loud enough to attract the attention of the neighbours, despite my closed bedroom window.

Derek gave me a looked that asked me if I was being serious. "What?" I asked a little confused, taking in the older male's expression. Then something in me fell into place. "Oh... Oh! You don't want Scott to know because you're a greedy fuck who wants the alpha's powers to himself... and Scott's the competition." I said like I had read his mind, a satisfied smile falling onto my lisp as I leaned back more than a little satisfied with my own deduction. The only was I knew that I was right, was the minimalistic change in his expression as his stare grew a little harder and slightly more threatening. It was the only time I could read the emotionless, secretive werewolf.

In a warning motion, Derek grabbed the armrests of my chair and pulled me close to his face. His stare told me clearly that if I said a word, even a single hint to Scott of what I had just been 'told', I would not live to take another breath after that. It was a little unsettling to think about, but I held my breath and could only give Derek a look that told him that I got it. I got that it was all hush hush. even if he had not threatened me, I would probably not have told Scott about it anyway. Especially not after the sudden kiss crashing down on my lips after my submission to the other's wishes. It was already gone from my mind at that point to even consider letting Scott in on all the fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yaaay! I made it for Wednesday! And I like this chapter! Love writing Sterek moments, because I feel they have to be a little bold, a little awkward and a lot of getting under each other's skin! Hope you liked it and I'll be back next week with another chapter!