Status: Sterek! Chaptered, because I cannot leave things as a one-shot. That's how terrible of a writer I am. Also I don't own anything - besides the plot - and the title is Marianas Trench 'Stutter' <--- main inspiration for this story (don't own that either).

Stutter

Can This Get Any Worse?

My mind was sprinting as I drove home. My mind was in a sense having a bit of an overload. How was I supposed to cope with all of this?! First there was Scott becoming a bloody werewolf! That I had more or less come to terms with. It would definitely be annoying, but... pros and cons: nothing good about it. The bad was a longer list than I liked to think. And besides Scott there was Allison and her dad. Why? Why did he have to be a hunter. The bloody odds of Allison becoming one was like... HUGE! And if I knew Scott right he would want to tell her at some point. Not all that smooth. And then to my favourite topic to speed over. Derek Hale. What the hell was even up with that guy?! He comes back no one knows how many years after a fire that toasted his entire family. To top it all my best friend turns into a werewolf. How convenient.

I did not trust him. And I was not about to trust him even if Scott found it funny to. The guy was shady as hell and I was not the guy that bothered with shady. And that my dad was the sheriff kind of made it all make sense too. I shook my head, trying to rid myself of all the ways I wanted to kill Hale and still ensure that he suffered the most. I managed a bit, but only long enough to park my truck and the drive in front of my house.

I skipped out, not the usual happy jump or the excited one for that matter. Nop. I was beyond frustrated with the way the world seemed to have turned on me all of a sudden! If I was not wrong, Scott was already planning how to get around Allison's dad. He was like a bloody lovestruck puppy. The idiot was insane around her. And he still had no control over that stupid wolf-thing. I had no idea what to call it and the frustration was put into the effort of slamming the door shut. To my room and look a few things up, and do homework.

For the life of me I was almost about to fall on the stairs when I went up them. It did not add to my soon long list of things I needed to find a solution to. Hopefully my dad would stay away for a bit. I was not in the mood to do anything. Especially not keep Scott in a short leash. That was usually his job! Not mine.

After the fail on the stairs I got to my room and dropped onto my bed with a sigh. My had had been worse than bad. Why did I not just choose to stay home today?! Why did it have to be today that everything chose to choke me? I took a deep breath and focussed my energy on trying to remember the day's homework. Despite my lack of bag today I had still managed through the day. Not that that was very impressive. I mean I did quite okay in class. I just had a minor problem of keeping focus from time to time. Any high school guy had that problem.

With that, all problems somewhere in the back of my head I jumped to homework and whatever else I could find to waste my time on. At least until lacrosse was on later tonight. And I was more than a bit on edge to see how Scott would handle that one. He had completely screwed up at training when he got first line. Getting eaten by a werewolf was not exactly my main priority in life.

I sat, staring at my screen, leg bouncing up and down in slight frustration. My homework had not gotten any further than my desk. I had no idea why, but there was just something that annoyed me immensely about everything. And if Derek had really bitten Scott, then what did he want out of it? A little werewolf buddy? Despite my lack of expertise on the supernatural I was fairly sure that that was not the case. My fingers gazed just above the keys, waiting eagerly for something to type. My mind was just blank. It never happened when I had a lot of things to do, but for some reason all I wanted to was do a backup check on Derek Hale. Why? I had no flipping idea.

"Nop... think homework. Juts focus.. Just focus on homework. Just homework." I mumbled to myself, trying my hardest to push anything else out of my head. "Come on, Stiles. Homework. Not Scott, not werewolf stuff, not hunters, not Hale.. Come on.. Focus!" I almosted hissed the last word out between my teeth. The more I tried the more impossible it seemed to be. I was so focussed on distracting myself that I jumped when I suddenly got a text. "Holy S.." I almost jumped out of my seat as I tried to calm down a bit. I sent a glare at the phone on the table that had startled the life out of me.

I grabbed it and, actually had to look at the display an extra time. What the hell did Scott want with me? Wasn't he with Allison just like I had already predicted? I opened the text and let out a sigh. Did the guy think I was a complete idiot? I tossed the phone back onto the table and groaned. Was he my dad or something?! I knew lacrosse was on later, dammit. I was not some kind of idiot. Apparently Scott thought so.

---

I sloshed to the lacrosse field and gave Scott a tired look. "What's up?" He asked and looked at the field like it was going to be the death of him. "What's up with me? Nothing besides the fact that you're going on the field with the danger of turning into a crazy wolf-man hybrid and the fact that you're actually considering Derek's help." I rambled in a voice slightly louder than necessary and I looked at my best friend for empathy. there was nothing. He all but looked like I had lost my head. "What?!" I asked in confusion. "You worry way too much" Scott confirmed just before he was called to the field.

'Great' I thought as Scott and the rest of the team was gathered for last strategy briefing. Scott thought I was being paranoid. And even if I was I had good reason to be! Scott had next to no control over his werewolf problem and Derek was still and ass. Just looking at him had one want to kill him! And the longer you stared the worse it got. I only then realised that my hands had balled to fists, only m eyes following the game, my brain lost on murderous thoughts of Derek Hale. I took a deep breath and exhaled, pulling myself back to reality.

Scott seemed to struggle a bit. Either with getting into the game or keeping himself from turning. It was hard to say. Then again I would have had a hard time too if it was me. I mean Derek would need to pay for every tooth he had sunk into my flesh and then he would have to pay for trying to be my friend. He just needed to stick his little werewolf-snout somewhere where I was no close by, because I wanted to blow his little furry head off. Then a few years in jail was just the downside of it all. And the fact that I would not be able to get a job, and become a long term criminal. All because of bloody Derek Hale.

I gritted my teeth at my thoughts. Definitely Derek's fault all of it. And I finally realised that something was wrong on the field. Scott actually looked like he was about to rip someone apart. And that kicked every murderous thought out of my head. "No... nononononono.. not now Scott. Come on you can do it... no Scott. Not the guy... the goal. Come on...." I felt my body tense as I hoped and prayed that Scott had even an ounce of control. Maybe Derek had been right when he told Scott not to play. I was not about to believe it. The chewing on my lip made that evident. I took a deep breath and looked at Scott, hoped for the best, the clock counting down at the corner of my eye.

The light feeling that suddenly rushed through my chest when Scott scored that final goal had me jump from my seat in joy and relief. "We won." I said in a breathless voice as my mind was still processing what was going on. I was dead proud of Scott. He had actually been the reason we won. It was... I felt just a tiny bit important at being Scott's best friend. And talking about Scott I suddenly looked around. And did not find any Scott. Or an Allison. "Fuck!" I mumbled and in blind panic sprinted to the boys locker room. A missing Allison and a missing Scott was not good. Not at all.

I ran as fast as I could and stumbled into the locker rooms. Guess what I found. Not a Scott with his claws down Allisons throat. Nope - that de definitely his tongue. 'Really?' was all I could think as I leaned against the nearest surface in relief. No creepy werewolf killing to explain. I pushed off from from the surface only in time t be caught by Allison and Scott. "Hi.. Allison." I said in a sheepish voice as she passed me on her way out. I glared at Scott to tell him to shut the hell up.

---

On my way home from the game my mind was finally slowing down a bit from all the thinking I had been doing. Finally I had a chance to concentrate on one thing at a time. I parked the jeep and jumped out, determined to do a bit of werewolf catch-up before I turned in for the night. I stumbled through the door, my dad already home and seemingly busy. I passed him with a short 'I'm home' and stumbled up the stairs, head heavy and body tired from the sudden fear of Scott ripping someone apart. That would have been absolutely terrifying. I would have not wanted to see that.

But as if one shock for the night was enough I only just got through my door to my room before I jumped back a few steps and stared at what as in my room. "How the hell did you get in?" I asked in pure confusion. All I got was a pointing at the window. And all I did was gape.

Derek Hale had in some way found his way into my room and I did not see why he would be here either. I looked at him with large eyes, only to jump for the fourth time today when my dad called up the stairs to see if everything. "Yeah... Everything's fine. I just tripped!" I yelled down at him. As my lie slipped I saw that smug smile creep onto Hale's lips as he apparently found it amusing how jumpy I was at the moment. Who could blame me? I had a werewolf in my room. one that for the record had found its own way in.

I hurriedly slammed the door shut and looked warily at the man in my room. "What?" I asked as he continued to smile that knowingly smile at me. It actually creeped me out more than his usual scowl. I had an idea it was because he actually looked human now.

He leaned back in my chair and seemed to only get more comfortable. I looked at him, not moving from the door. "You saw Scott's performance I presume." He said, the smile slipping from his lisp as he turned to more serious matters. I looked at him a little confused before I answered. "yeah.. that... Wait... Did you mean yesterday or the match just now, because I didn't see you. But then again youøre a freaking werewolf - I wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly could turn invisib..."

"Stiles, shut up." And I did. Despite my urge to keep going, and with the safety of my dad downstairs I still didn't feel completely comfortable in the presence of a werewolf. Apart from Scott who still, by the way, made me jump. "Why did he play?" Derek asked with an accusing tone like it was my fault. I didn't really register it but I swallowed hard. Why could he not g jump Scott instead of me? What had I done?! I was Scott's best friend and team mate I was not going to tell him he couldn't play! "Stiles?" The voice of the older male reached me and my mind stopped.

"D-derek." I stuttered. Wait what? I stopped myself from saying another word and swallowed hard as I looked at the older male. He was having that glint of amusement in his eyes again. there was no doubt he had heard that slip. None at all. "Why did he play?" Derek repeated, seemingly not too happy with having to repeat himself, and yet finding my struggles highly amusing. I took a deep breath before I answered. "Ask Scott."

"He's your best friend."
"That doesn't mean I know everything."
"Are you sure about that?"
"Pretty sure. I don't know what he and Allison are up to and I'm not about to find out. That would probably just give me nightmares for the rest of my life."
Derek sent me a look that told me I had just said something important. Something I probably shouldn't have said. "What?" I asked as Derek turned to the window. "What?!" I tried again a little more forceful this time as the older male moved to the window. Still no answer. "What did I say?" I pressed on, but all I got was a werewolf that jumped out of my window and left me wondering. "Really? You too?" I asked more to myself as I stared at the window. This secrecy stuff was getting a little annoying.
♠ ♠ ♠
OKAAAY! Major troubles doing this one because I'm pretty sure I fucked up timeline in the first chapter. And now I'm just doing tweaks to make it fit. And yeah I needed Derek and Stiles in the same room. I know it's probably a bit out of context but I'm trying, okay? ;(

Oh and for the record: If Derek seem a little OOC to you it's probably because I don't really see him as the grumpy, constant glooming wolf. He's human too and I just find that he has got to have a bit of humor and he needs to smile. Just a bit. Sure he seems annoyed all the time, but I think it's just worry. So I'm sorry if my interpretation of Derek doesn't suit you, but I want him a little human ^^ Hope you guys can live with that and hopefully won't stop reading. And sorry for the time it took for a conversation with Derek and Stiles.

PS: I don't own teen wolf at all - incase anyone was wondering. And I think more than 60% of the storyline isn't mine either. I'm trying to keep it to the storyline of Teen Wolf and I know I mucked up in first chapter - but I'm getting back on track, no worries :]