Status: Sterek! Chaptered, because I cannot leave things as a one-shot. That's how terrible of a writer I am. Also I don't own anything - besides the plot - and the title is Marianas Trench 'Stutter' <--- main inspiration for this story (don't own that either).

Stutter

Wow, Wait up - What?

Between the night before and the following morning I did manage to sleep - a little. My mind was running a hundred miles and hour and sleep would just not kick in. When morning came around my dad opened the door to my room to see if I was still asleep. Surprise - I was awake. "You awake already, Stiles?" He asked and gave me a frown. I turned to him with a small jump fright. "Oh, hey dad... yeah... remembered I had something to do for school I forgot yesterday." I offered my dad a half smile and the man left with the usual words that he was probably not home until later. It used to bother me, but now it was just the day and the way.

I heard the door close and his car take off. It only took me a second more to stumble up from my seat and rush out of my room. All that only to remember I needed the necessary things for school. That I had forgotten my bad yesterday was probably bad enough. I always felt a little stupid whenever I had to go back for things, but I had done it so many times by now I had gotten the hang of handling the embarrassment. And with that and the clock far from announcing time to go to school I rushed out of the door, skidding a little as I ran through the house. And for the second day in a row I managed to forget to lock the front door, only remembering because it was practically wide open. Once is a incident, two is a coincident... and hopefully I wouldn't do the same thing tomorrow or I might have to do a bit of change up on my habits and routines. That would be interesting.

As I drove to school I felt slightly annoyed at everything and anything - especially Derek Hale. What the hell had the idiot even wanted in my room? Why not go annoy Scott? I mean, I was not the person of interest here! I hit the gas a little too hard and got to school far earlier than I had anticipated. On the other hand I had not glanced at the clock even once this morning and now, as I actually bothered to check the time, I felt... just a bit idiotic. I shook it off and hopped out of my jeep. I would probably not have been able to stay in my room for 20 minutes extra anyway.

Taking the long walk to the school front doors I stepped in, suddenly wishing I had even gotten myself half and hour extra of sleep. This was ridiculous and it felt like my brain was working a phase even snails would feel insulted about. I barely noticed my best friend as he came up to me and opened his mouth. "So... I've thought about it, I think I should get to control this thing..." I took one deep breath and swatted Scott on the back of his head. "Don't even consider it." I said with a stern voice. Scott only gave me a raised brow. "How much sleep did you get last night?" He asked. "Enough." I said and shrugged it off.

I should have known better. "I mean it's a good idea.. He know's how to control it..." Scott started up again. "Oh god! Scott, stop! It's almost as bad s when you talk about Allison!" I exclaimed out loud looking at my best friend. And yes he had talked a lot about Allison. If it had not been for our friendship and Scott's creepy wolf powers I would have punched him in the face a long time ago for talking so much about her. "Well..." Scott started, a teasing smile on his lips. "Pease... just... no..." I said looking mildly disturbed at the thought of my best friend needing to hint to me every single detail he and his soon-to.be hunter girlfriend did. I did not want to know. I just... just no.

"A bit tense aren't we?" Scott asked and gave me another teasing smile. I gave him a look that should have spoken for itself. "Oh, really? Not weird when my life beginning to be surrounded by werewolves. And I still think Derek is bad news. I mean he obviously lost control and bit the shit outta you..." The last bit had Scott roll his eyes. "He already said he didn't do it. Why can't you trust him even on that?" Scott asked looking at me in slight disbelief. "It's Derek?" I tried only to have Scott push past me and leave me... "Really...?" I asked more to myself and followed Scott to first class.

---

The rest of my day was kind of weird. For some reason Lydia, Jackson and their little clique sat with me and Scott. And had it not been for the amount of people around I could have shouted my head off from the bit of information I got. Scott and Allison.. on a date? Had he completely lost his mind?! That thought brooded in my head for the rest of the day and I could not believe it. I knew Scott was completely lost in the girl, but he really needed to get his head together. She was going to become a hunter one day and then he would be the hunted. Not Derek, not anyone else. Scott. It would take a miracle to get Scott's head to work, and Derek had already proven pathetically unsuccessful in that task.

When school finally ended I was out the door faster than I would want to admit. And I swear if it wasn't already because my world was fucking up for every day that passed by I would have thought this was weird. Of all people I could have possibly run into it had to be Derek Hale. The one person who had nothing to do on school grounds. I stopped dead in my track and gaped at him for a second longer than I probably should have. Even after that it took me a moment to figure what to do.

In the end I just grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the building. A few of the other students looked after me like I had lost it, and i probably had. The weirder thing was that Derek didn't actually fight or stand his ground. The smug idiot just followed along like I actually had the upper hand. I had nothing. Not even the lower hand. Hell I probably had nothing at all in this one. Derek was a freaking werewolf! I was just.. me.

I pulled him around the building out of prying eyes and looked at him like he had lost his mind. Derek only gave me an odd look. "What're you doing here?" I finally asked and looked at the werewolf like he had lost his head or just forgotten he was wolfed out. Derek seemed, for some odd reason, to find my lind distress a little funny. It was not that he laughed or even smiled. There was just something about him that had me think he found me funny. He didn't answer my question.

"Okay.. you're not gonna tell me. Then I guess I'll just have to guess. Okaay... so... Scott? Is that why you're here? No? Okay I'm already out of ideas because as far as I know Scott's the only one you've bitten and it would make no sense to be here for me because I'm not a werewolf.." I started off fairly sarcastic, my speech pattern understandable, but as I got more distressed with every word I started to ramble and nothing really made a lot of sense. I only stopped because that brooding Hale idiot said something. "Stiles.. Shut up." Of course I didn't.

"Oh so the cat hasn't got your tongue. Could you now just please tell me why you're here and what the hell is wrong with your creepy personality." I looked at Derek, searched for answers. I got nothing out of it and Derek did not seem to even consider answering any of those questions, not even if he had been paid to do so. "Come on... just... if it's Scott and Allison I'll tell Scott again. But I already told you I can't do much about it okay?" I said, slowly feeling myself give in to what I thought Derek wanted. "I'll take care of Scott." Derek suddenly said and I looked at him like he had just said the punchline wrong.

"Wow... no... wait... what? If... then why... why are you here?!" I suddenly asked in a loud voice, my head getting more and more confused for every second that passed. If it was not Scott then what the hell was it? He could not just show up and let me drag him off to where no prying ears would hear the w-word and then expect me to know what the hell he was there for. I was not psychic and I would never be able to read Derek any way. "You stuttered."

I was caught off guard at the sudden answer. I could expect a lot from Derek but an answer was not one of them and for him to notice something as trivial as a stutter was just creeping me out. "W-what?" I asked slightly uneased. "There, you did it again." Derek pointed out. Like I didn't know I did it. I had never stuttered before in my life. I had had problems with finding the right words and mumbling, letting the words run off with me, but stutter? Never. It was only yesterday when Derek scared the hell out of me by showing up in my room and now when he asked about it. "What do you wanna know?" I asked after a short moment of silence where I searched for the right words.

"You don't stutter, Stiles. Why now? Scared of me?" Derek asked, looking at me with that look that just made me want to punch him in the face. I only refrained out of the same reason I stayed out of Scott's way. I was not about to become dog food. "N-no." I said, not even convincing myself that that sounded even just a little bit convincing. Derek gave me a look that he was far from convinced either. He stepped around me. "You should be scared." He said in a low voice as he passed me, only loud enough for me to hear.

I turned and looked after him, mouth gaping open. I could not believe he was being such a complete idiot. "I'm not sca...! Why would you think...!? I not scared of y...! You're not even listening are you?" I yelled after him, the last part said to myself in a scowl. Great. Now he thought I was scared of him. I was not. Well, yeah he was a bit creepy and a little unnerving and I had my respect for the guy and was not about to get on his bad side, but scared? Hell no! I was not scared of Derek H... okay maybe a little! It was not bad! I was not terrified and I was pretty sure that if he touched me Scott would rip his ass to pieces.

I grabbed the strap of my bag in a tight grip and marched off to my jeep. If Derek bloody Hale thought I was scared if him I would just have to prove him otherwise would I not? Back to the drawing board. And how the hell did he know I didn't stutter?! Two problems and both involved Derek. I was looking more forward to my homework than solving my problems.
♠ ♠ ♠
OKAAY! So.. I've kinda given up on the timeline because I mucked it up huge time! But I'll try and get the most important parts fitting. Of course for this story to ever work I need to work in some more Derek/Stiles moments <--- timeline much up...

But I still hope you enjoy it and thank you so much to all who reads it :3 It was a bit of a long shot I know and I had no idea where I was going! So thank you for urging me to keep going by reading my stuff ^^

Updates every Wednesday so hang on until next week and stay excited !