Status: Sterek! Chaptered, because I cannot leave things as a one-shot. That's how terrible of a writer I am. Also I don't own anything - besides the plot - and the title is Marianas Trench 'Stutter' <--- main inspiration for this story (don't own that either).

Stutter

What? No! Wait? Am I Left Out Again?!

I announced my arrival home by slamming the front door loudly. I was furious and my head was itching to tell off that idiot to Derek. And I was absolutely furious with Scott for ditching me for Allison. Really? Allison's dad was still a hunter. I was not sure Scott really grasped at what that meant. I had a feeling he had no idea what he was dealing with and just how deep in trouble he was already. The worst past was that even Derek seemed to not really bother all that much. Even if he wanted to he just seemed to ignore the task at hand and push everything onto me like it was my problem to solve!

I know I've been told a million times that Derek did not bite Scott, but that did not classify him under 'now trustworthy person'. The way he seemed to be looming about just got on my nerves. And what in the world did he want mé to do about Scott and Allison. It was not like I hadn't tired. My best friend was like a lost puppy with her.

I Stomped up the stairs only to stop halfway up because someone said my name. I turned and looked at my dad, all anger simply melting away. "Yeah?" I asked, suddenly confused at my own anger.. and my dad's presence. "Not going to say hi?" my dad asked me. I gave him a small, nervous smile. "Didn't know you were home." I answered as truthfully as I had in days now! My father was so oblivious to everything happening and I was pretty sure he would think I was on something if I told him anything. That he would think that would make him kind of an idiot taken that he's teh sheriff and I'm not exactly a spoilt brat like Jackson.

My dad gave a small okay and I was released to stalk back up to my room. Now, anger subsided, I was already up for doing something, anything, to maybe get Scott to grasp at the situation at hand. It would take more than a little bit of my time and my head would probably drive me insane in the end, but I was determined and not about to stop. So whatever thoughts I had had of homework on the way home was demolished in thoughts of getting some sense into my best friend's head.

---

I had no idea how much time passed and when in the world it had grown dark, but it had and I ran a hand over my face, ripping my eyes from the computer screen and its harsh glare of light. I leaned back in my chair ripping my head out of what I had been doing. It was dark and the house seemed to be deadly quiet. I rose from my chair and, without turning on some light for some reason, I opened teh door to the hall and started my way down the stairs. Even downstairs was dark and quiet. I turned on some light in the kitchen and looked out the window. And got my answer.

"Oh.. so now you take off without a word too." I said to myself with a small sigh behind my statement. I knew I had been busy but I never missed whenever my dad left and him leaving without a word just nagged at my curiosity. What could have possibly been that important for teh sheriff to leave asap? I shrugged it off and turned off the light in the kitchen, my head still not fully back in the real world from all the time I had spent on werewolf digging.

Just as I turned the lights off im the kitchen I caught a glimpse of something that looked like a person. Distracted for a second I stopped in my tracks, stared at the spot, before I bothered to turn the lights back on. As I did I found out that there was someone there and for how long they had been standing there I had no idea. Did I pass them when I went to the kitchen? I would probably never know. My mind reeled at who it could be. Not my dad and not a burglar because the freaking door was still locked and I as pretty sure I would hear if someone broke in and began roaming through everything. Hardly a murderer - unless it was Derek of course. So my mind arrived at the most logical solution.

"Scott?" I asked in confusion, my mind still running over a list of people it could be and crossing the list off mentally. The voice I heard had me lose my ability to speak for a moment. "Wrong wolf." I just said and I wanted to grab the nearest, heaviest kitchen article and throw at the shadow. "Derek?" I asked in pure confusion. Mainly why he was here but just as much how the hell he had gotten in. Derek stepped into the light and looked at me like I was stupid. "You should learn to close your windows." He just said like that explained everything. It did not explain everything, but some of it. It explained how Derek had gotten in. Through a window. "But my wind..." I began but stopped myself. "Oh.." I exclaimed in realisation. "My dad's bedroom window, right?" I asked despite both of my knowing the answer. Derek never answered me. I shook my head in disbelief and turned off the lights again, walking past him and back up the stairs.

I only noticed that he followed me when I turned on the lights in my room and sat back in my chair. If I had ever been concerned about that guy it had been for my own sake and not his. "Are you determined to follow myass around and haunt me until I get Scott to pull his head out his ass or something?" I asked, finally getting a little frustrated with the older male's actions. Derek looked at me like I was the one being a creep, sneaking into other people's houses for late night visits.

"Well that was helpful." I said when all I got in response was silence. I turned away from Derek and back to my laptop. I barely touched any of the keys before he interrupted my line of thought. "What're you doing?" He asked like he had no idea what I could possibly be up to with a newly bitten werewolf friend and a guy like him invading my private life. I rolled my eyes and turned back to him and was about to lose my head. "Please, don't touch that!" I almost yelled at the older male, jumped from my chair and rushed to a stack of papers and school books Derek had been on the verge to dig through.

He gave me an odd look like I had completely lost my mind - or just my manliness. Probably the latter. "Trust me. I know my mess and I really don't need you to invade more of my life than you already...." I spoke in a rush and turned back to Derek, our faces way too close together for comfort. "...have." I finished in a breath and took a moment to adjust to the accidental closeness. Both of us just stood there, none of us moving, but obviously both of us very uncomfortable with the situation. I stepped back half a step and avoided touching Derek as I made my way back around him. Call for the moment of an awkward situation and this was just not teh right timing. I sat back down in my chair, eyes glued to the screen and Derek hopefully stood very uncomfortably frozen in the spot.

At the sound of a floorboard giving after to weight I looked in the direction, discretely and noticed that Derek was not standing uncomfortably frozen to the spot. Did anything phase that guy? Derek even took the liberty of sitting on my bed. I turned my eyes back to my screen when Derek looked back in my direction. "Are you scared of me?" Derek asked like it was something that had been nagging him for a very long time now. I took a moment to answer and answered as calmly as I could. "No."

"You're lying. You pulse spiked back then and your pulse just spiked again." Derek said like whatever rhythm my heart was running at would determine anything. "Tell me the truth." He almost demanded. Annoyed I turned to him and gave him my best expression of annoyance and hurt at not being trusted. "I'm not scared of you. I have respect for you, there's a difference and if you don't know it I have a dictionary over there." I blurted, pointing a pen (why did I have a pen in my hand?) at the the bookcase behind me at the door. Derek let out a sigh like I was to blame for his misery.

"Don't lie to me Stiles and don't doubt my intellect." Derek said, stood and was out my window before I had a chance to protest. "You gotta be kidding me!" I said in a voice that reflected my defeated mood. It was just impossible to win with these werewolves. Always thinking they knew better. I knew that I was not scared of Derek and it annoyed me a lot that he did not believe me. It was not always when someone's heart started racing that they were lying. Not directly. I was pretty sure being nervous and lying were overlapping but not the same.

Wait.. did that mean I was nervous around Derek? I wasn't scared of him I knew that. He was scary the first few times I had an encounter with him but by now, I was getting used to the fact that he existed and would probably annoy the sanity out of him. Then why was I nervous? And especially when he had been that close. Me and feelings were never really good and I usually never dealt much with them, so I was clueless to say the least.
♠ ♠ ♠
awww :3 Finishing off on a sweet note of confusion. Poor Stiles. And I'm deadly convinced Derek would be pissed if he thought Stiles lied to him and Stiles insulting his intellect. But hey? What is a word-spat between friends right? Oh well! Updates every Wednesday and I hope this is still interesting even after my not so brilliant last chapter! Thank you to anyone having read this far! It'll get better - I promise.