Status: Sterek! Chaptered, because I cannot leave things as a one-shot. That's how terrible of a writer I am. Also I don't own anything - besides the plot - and the title is Marianas Trench 'Stutter' <--- main inspiration for this story (don't own that either).

Stutter

It makes a little more sense in my head...

I hated Derek. I absolutely hated him. Between school and homework I had more than enough time to hate him. As if my life was not against me enough already. In school I had to survive through Scott's constant talking about, hinting to, observations of, nights with Allison. Don't talk to a virgin about that kind of stuff. He gets depressed. Okay, Scotty? No? Well damn you too. And after school Derek Hale had taken a liking in showing up in my room, constantly and always talking about the bloody alpha we're now going to have to find. Stiles needs a new life! I hated my life right now. Really properly hated it and it was only known by those who bothered to take notice of my growing sarcasm.

Scott didn't because he was forever busy with Allison and Derek had just about as much interest in my pitiful human life as he had in running after a stick. That was just about zero. On the other hand the times Derek came over now we actually talked instead of glaring evilly at each other for hours on end before someone (usually me) broke the silence to get something done. Either way the tension had loosened up and I actually didn't stutter around the idiot anymore. I had no idea why I had even started but now I was happy it had stopped.

At this very moment I was, luckily, seated in my room after a not so pleasant day after school. Having to almost chop off Derek's arm, being threatened with having my throat ripped out and generally just being left behind by Scott had really ruined my day. I was tired, homework was a bitch and I just wanted to hide away for a few days. My dad was not home yet. I figured he had been held up at the station by masses of paperwork or some other silly thing. It was not like Scott and Derek being werewolves made it any easier. Also - what about the alpha? That dude was bound to make everyone's lives terrible. I mean he had, from what I knew, ripped Derek's sister in two. Reason to be worried? I think so.

I let out a sigh and leaned back in my chair, my mind too filled with the day's events to concentrate on what I should be concentrating on. I felt like my skull was about to split in two. I was so happy that my dad had not been home when I had gotten home. He would have asked what had kept me out so late. My mouth might have been fast but my brain was not. Far from. It was slow as hell right now and I just felt the effort it took to stand from my chair. I might be able to live through a bit of werewolf stuff but I still needed food. No food no sarcastic living Stiles. So I needed it.

Exhausted from partially carrying Derek around for what felt like half a day I sloshed downstairs. I had no idea of what to get for dinner. It was past my usual dinner time and I just knew that karma would be against me and leave me an empty fridge in mockery of my already bad day. And truth be it. I opened the fridge and never in my life have I been let down so hard by a fridge. It was gaping empty and I could almost hear karma laughing at my misery. Annoyed I slammed it shut and for the second time today Derek showed up out of nowhere. First time had been at school when he had randomly jumped in front of my truck. Well it had been more of a stagger but I'm sure to a werewolf there's no difference.

None the less, when I turned from the fridge Derek stood in my kitchen with a smug smile. "How did you...?" I started but stopped myself. What was the point in asking anyway? "Never mind." I said and let out a sigh. Why Derek was here was beyond me. I thought for sure I had dealt with him enough for today. And Scott for that matter. I gave him an awaiting look, but when the older male did not say anything I ran a hand over my short stubby hair. "Why're you here Derek? I have a feeling it has absolutely nothing to do with my lack of food." I spat out sarcastically. I was so tired of Derek showing up in my life right now. Right now I just needed a night in. A night on my own. Apparently karma would not even let me have that much pleasure in life.

Derek looked up from his hand he had for some reason been studying. "What?" He asked like he had barely heard my voice. I dropped my jaw in disbelief and shook my head. "Wolves.." I said, shaking my head and pushing past Derek. If this was how every conversation we had was going to start I was not sure I wanted to start a conversation with the wolf. he was such a sourbicuit I lost my good mood after a little while. "If your little werewolf hearing is so bad maybe you need to see a vet." I called after him. I heard something akin to a growl and I could not resist a small smile of victory.

I took the stairs in as few steps as I could, but for some odd reason Derek still managed to get to my room before me. "Are you leaving windows open all over the room so you can be sure some random stranger comes and kills me?" I asked with a raised brow. I had a feeling that that was just the kind of thing that Derek would do. Especially to me. He raised his own brow at me in return and answered my question for once. "If that's how you want your father to find you." I frowned and looked at him. "What is that supposed to mean? Think I'm some kind of depressed, suicidal teenage girl?" I asked, more in jake than all seriousness.

But as Derek was he always made sure to ruin my fun. Execute it in the cruelest way possible. "Aren't you?" He asked and I literally choked on my tongue at that comment. I coughed a few times, regaining my breathing before I looked at him like he had lost his mind. "I really hope that's not the way you think of me - a damsel in distress." I cringed at my own words and dropped into my chair I had left only moments before. I sighed, remembering why I had moved in the first place. Then I remembered the gaping hole the fridge was and turned to Derek. The idiot wolf who did not know the phrase 'personal space' and was infiltrating my life a lot more than I liked. The idiot wolf who had still not grasped that I really did not care whether he stood or sat. The idiot wolf who still expected me to offer him a seat. I never did anymore. I could not be bothered.

"Got anything?" Derek asked, looking at me with serious eyes. I sighed and shook my head. "Derek. I've been home about an hour and a half and I do have homework to do. Don't think your werewolf business is any more important than homework to me." I pointed out to him. I looked at him, hopefully conveying my problems in life. All I got was Derek looking at me like I was five years old. I let out a sigh and ran a hand over my face and looked at him with an expression of disbelief. "Don't even answer that." I said with a sigh.

Derek did not listen to me and opened his mouth anyway. "Getting to the alpha is more important that your homework, Stiles. And you should know that much." I sighed and wanted to slam my head into my table. "Okay... " I started, my mind not finding any words at all. Instead I shook my head. "Can we go over it tomorrow?" I asked in a desperate hope that yes we could just go over it in the morning when I felt a little more sane. I had no idea if that was okay with Derek because when I was about to ask him a second time he left my room. I was so done with Derek right now. So done.

---

I had been up for about 3 hours when Scott began on Allison. It took me 3 minutes to go insane. I actually had to tell him three times for him to shut up about it and even then every time he opened his mouth I felt like he was about to explode with Allison talk. "Scott... shut up I don't care anymore." I told him, turning to him during english. A few of our classmates looked at me with odd looks, but I did not care and made sure that Scott got what I was saying.

Luckily our teacher was soo busy with the board to bother with my small outburst. I turned from him with an urge to punch Derek in the face. Mainly because Derek could annoy Scott instead of me and leave him sleepless. I was not his werewolf puppy. Scott was. Not me. But still I was subject to Derek's annoying presence. I sighed and leaned back in y chair not even bothering with Scott right now. If he had something to say I was not going to listen right now. It was Allison he talked about and I was up to date with Allison, just like I was up to date with werewolves.

After class I stalked from the room and made sure to stay out of Scott's way. I was done with Scott's constant yapping about Allison and I really just wanted to go home. In my haste I was not as observant as I could have been and stumbled into someone and fell. On top of them. Like the clumsy ass I am. And I wanted to kill myself when I saw who it was. "Derek?" I asked, shock in my voice as I saw the older male, in our school building, probably looking for Scott. I was beginning to wonder whether it was safe at Beacon Hill High anymore. How did he just wander inside without anyone consulting him about it? Yes, the corridors were full of people, but not that many and none of them knew Derek. It had to be wolf powers. And I envied him so badly for a second.

But only for a second until I realised how close we were and I could just feel embarrassment sneak it's way up my neck and dye my cheeks hot red.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAAAY! I managed chapter 5 ;D Leaving it on a sweet note that will be picked back up in the next chapter and i hope you all liked it ^^ I will see you all back here next Wednesday with another chapter of Stiles being Stiles. More or less!