Status: Sterek! Chaptered, because I cannot leave things as a one-shot. That's how terrible of a writer I am. Also I don't own anything - besides the plot - and the title is Marianas Trench 'Stutter' <--- main inspiration for this story (don't own that either).

Stutter

Oh Shut Up! I Know Myself Best

I knew it as soon as my heart started racing like a wild horse let loose. It was not until I realised how close he was that my heart raced off with me. It was not until then that his expression pulled into confusion. He had not only heard it - he had felt it with me sprawled on top of him, frozen and unable to move. I took in a breath and gathered my thoughts before I was able to move off of him. My head was spinning and my stomach flipped in an odd way that made me uncomfortable. The blush had died down a little - I had no idea if it had reached my cheeks, that's how hot my face was. I really hoped not.

I scrambled to my feet in a hurry, looking around at anyone passing the two of us. No one seemed to have noticed my terrible failure. I cleared my throat and looked at anything but Derek - pretended to look for teachers. "So.... Derek. What's up?" I asked, looking at my shoes and then up at him when I was sure that I had gotten my blush under control. Not cool to lose it like that. Not cool.

I was not sure if he had picked up on my change in heartbeat or if it was just my actions that made him a little confused. Because he seemed even more confused when I looked at him. Like he had expected a completely different reaction from me. But what? Was I supposed to visibly blush and run the fuck off? That only happened in cheesy creepy chick flicks. This was reality. Maybe Derek needed a thorough reality check? What was I thinking? I needed a reality check with all the stuff I was wrapped up in. And that not on my own account.

"What the hell are you doing here, Derek?" Scott's voice seeped through my thoughts. I turned and could not have been happier to see my best friend. "That... is exactly what I asked him." I tried, my conviction not overwhelming. Scott gave me a momentarily odd look before he turned back to Derek. And I did too. To see a smirk slip from his lips. A smirk. Seriously? Was there something wrong with me since the guy hated me and still found me hilarious when I tried not to be? Was there simply something wrong with me or had someone hit Derek a little too hard over the head? I secretly hoped it was the latter. That would be sweet revenge.

Derek turned to Scott without further bothering with me. "Stay away form Allison. I refuse to tell you again." Derek threatened, baring his human teeth. I say human teeth with a certain seprect. The amount of times that guy had threatened me with those when we did research together was insane. Completely insane. I had lost count and it was for once nice to see the threat directed at someone who was not me. Any idea how that made me feel? Besides it being Scott: fan-fucking-tastic! I actually wanted to jump into the air from happiness. Finally it was not me who was the pawn to Derek Hale.

My smile must have shown because it took Derek three seconds to turn to me with the same look. My smile dropped and so did my heart and stomach. It was a little uncomfortable and for some reason made me want to crawl into a hole and stay. And I blessed my swift mood changes as the depressing thought kicked my own ass and disappeared in more joy. At least I was not the only one Derek was getting sick and tired of!

Of course as distracted as I was with my own thoughts I barely registered Derek gripping my arm until I was dragged across the floor by my arm-. I stumbled a few steps before I managed to get my head back into reality and register what was going on. "Uh.. Derek. School's not out yet." I pointed out to the fuming werewolf. All I got was a low growl and the hand on my arm tightening even more. A few of the other students were giving us funny looks, but we didn't they looked funny at me? I was invisible 57% of the time. The rest I was in the spotlight in one way or another. So it mattered little to me and I honestly think Derek was off his head in anger. Just imagine a loss of control. What a bummer that would be.

---

"Did you have to use such a firm grip?" I asked and rubbed my arm subconsciously. We had ended up back at my place. I had threatened him with the fact that my dad was guaranteed to be home and he would kick my ass for skipping school. To my dismay he was not home and we had free pass. I was still convinced that the school would contact him and tell him that i had skipped half a day of school. But what could I do? Derek had practically dragged my ass out of the building and had I not complied I could have lost my head - or even worse my humanity or my life.

I was seated on my bed as Derek phased in front of me. He never phased. Not what I knew of. He hadn't said a word since we arrived and he had even ignored my latest question. Something was occupying that strange head of his and he wanted me to help. My only problem was that this was Derek Hale and he loved to keep things to himself. I was actually beginning to wonder if not I should be a mind reader around Derek, because, honestly, more often than not he said nothing and still expected me to know everything.

Just like now. He wanted me to know what had his head reeling and here I was, just staring at him phasing, having not a clue of what the hell he was up to. "You know... I can't really help you if you don't say what it is." I pointed out to him trying to keep as much sarcasm as possible. My words still came across very snarky and sarcastic. Derek stopped for a second to give he a hard glare. I rose my hands in defence. "I'm just saying. It's a little hard to help your sorry ass out when all I get are glares and threats on my life."

Derek stopped ad looked at me at those words. He seemed to be considering what to do with me, and I was not sure whether that was a good thing or a bad thing. It was Derek Hale and as far as I knew he was completely out of his wits and he was not about to let he slip through the hole in the needle. Then again - he had so many times before, and I was just pointing out the obvious anyway. This was getting old and I would much rather sit in chemistry and have my ass told off for talking during class. Hell I would even rather listen to Scott talk about Allison.. okay maybe not, but the point is there.

Derek let out a small sigh, looked away from me before he actually opened his mouth and let me know what all of this stupidity was about. "I've found the alpha." Derek finally spilled and the frustration that grew in me at the snippet of that information had me drop my jaw. "Well.. That's great.. right?" I looked at him, praying that I had not said something wrong. It seemed like I had because I got another glare before Derek said any more. "Don't be stupid Stiles.." He said and I opened my mouth to come back at that but he gave me one of those daring looks that had me shut up on the spot.

"I know he's here and I just have to get to him. And it's not easy with the hunters all over my ass. I need them gone from my sigh." I cast a glance off too the side with a small sigh before I looked back at him, my stomach flipping oddly again. "Does it matter that much.. They've only seen you one." I pointed out. Apparently that was neither teh right thing to say.

"Remember what happened the last time?" Derek snarled at me. He had moved close to me, stood leaned in close to me with eyes set to kill. I swallowed hard and barely held the eye contact. My heart sped up again when I realised for the second time today how close we were. This was getting a little out of hand a bit of a had habit. I had lots of bad habits but I was pretty sure any concerning Derek Hale would have to be a terrible one. My breathing was hitched at the closeness and I barely dared to breathe. Too close. Waaaay too close for my comfort and my stomach was turning oddly again and my heart was racing a lot faster than it should. Not in fear but in anticipation. A very uncomfortable feeling to get when you're too close to one of your larger problems in life.

Derek took another second before he pulled back. I almost wanted to protest as the touch of his warm breath left my skin but... I stopped my line of thought right there. Nope...That was too far and I was never going to think that again - thank you for the opportunity to stop myself before I made a complete ass of myself. Instead I took a deep breath from the uncomfortable closeness and looked away from Derek. "Okay, yeah... I get your point.. Hunters... bad thing... alpha.. important.. yeah..." I spoke in words instead of sentences and more to myself than Derek.

I was not sure if Derek noticed because he did not say a peep and for all I knew he could be running over his own odds on taking on the hunters in his head. Sadly - s always- I was wrong and instead Derek found it utterly funny to invade my personal space - again- and lifted my head with a single finger. I had to swallow hard he looked at he with those calculating eyes. His voice came out a lot more curious than I think he wanted it to. "Why're you nervous?" He asked, frowning - not an expression far from his usual sour one.

"What?" I asked stupidly and Derek raised a brow at my obvious stupidity. I took a second before I tried again. "A-I'm not nervous.. I'm just..." I tried to look for an explanation and I could have said anything and it would have made no difference. "You know Scott's probably not going to be all that careful about Allison finding out about his little problem and he's probably gonna put all of us in big trouble.. What did you say about the alpha? You found him, right? So that means he's still here and I guess it also means that he's.. you think he's gonna include Scott in his pack?" I rambled on trying to distract myself and Derek from the topic at hand. Derek's frown grew deeper and he pulled away from me. "Yeah... maybe.. I would not be surprised if he did." He pointed out.

As Derek left my person space I swear I could feel relief was over me. Why? I had no idea and I really hated feeling things I had no explanation for. And what better way to find out than ignore them, right? Besides I could feel I had finally made a right guess and Derek was going to include me in his stupid thoughts. Finally some progress could be made! Thank god!
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm terrified every time I have to update this xD I'm scared that I'm gonna hit Derek completely ooc and I just don't want that xD It's absolutely nerve wracking XP But I hope you all like it and if Derek is ooc just.. I'll try and fix it at a alter time then xD I'm not good with tough guys xD I like them open and secretive xD They need a pinch of Stiles for me to work with xD Guess Derek'll just have to see if he can get that pinch of Stiles that might make him more human xD! Woof XP