If You Love Me, Let Me Go

Chapter 2

Gerard being dreamy my ass. As the first day of school progressed, I realized this Gerard kid is the most annoying fuck and really fucking immature. He thinks he's the most cool guy around but in reality I just really want to punch him the fucking face.

The shit he pulls just wants to make me scream!! He thinks he can hit on any type of girl, thinking he's all big, bad and tough. Ugh just thinking about him even makes me want to punch myself in the face. I barely even know the kid and he really grind my gears just by the sight of him.

As the first day of school comes to an end, I never felt so relieved to go home. The place that I call home, isn't any better than being at school, but it's away from everyone.

Walking out to the buses, I ran into the one and only Gerard.

"Hey." he says giving me his cheeky grin. I just kept walking, ignoring the presence of this immature bastard.

"I said hey." he says again following me to my bus.

"What do you want?" I said to him in a really irritated voice. He backs up a little giving me yet another smile.

"I just wanted to say hey." he said walking off towards his bus.

I flipped him off and started to quietly laugh at myself because I noticed he rides the short bus.

"Yo Evelyn!!!" I heard my name getting called. It was my best friend/cousin Kota.

"Yeah?" I replied sitting next to her on the bus.

"Wanna smoke some pot?" she whispers in my ear showing me the little bag of narcotics she has in her pocket.

"Please believe. This first day of school shit has really gotten to me." I said agreeing to her.

"How so?" she asks acting like she cares, while we take the twenty minute ride back to our neighborhood.

I told her how the morning went with Melissa. How it usually starts out. Then out of fucking nowhere the fucking kid named Gerard comes and ruins my day.

"Eve...to me, you just hate this kid for no apparent reason." Kota says interrupting my story as we finally got off the bus.

"I do have a reason. He's annoying as fuck. Just by the sight of him, I just wanna kick him." I said while we started walking towards the back of our houses. She starts laughing and tells me how dramatic I was being.

The back of our houses was the spot where we would go to smoke and drink. This was the spot since our freshman year. The only spot that no one notices or even bothers to care about. Kota brings the narcotics out, and starts the circle.

"Ya know Eve? I think you should give this kid a chance." she said as she exhales the smoke.

"Why should I give him a chance?" I asked as I take my turn and exhale the smoke into her face.

"Well you'll never know. I mean, making friends is a good thing. He might not be all that bad..." she trails off taking another hit. "Besides, he seems cool as fuck."

"If you think he's cool as fuck," I started as I exhaled the smoke. "why don't you make friends with him?"

"Maybe I will." she said finishing off what we had left. "Just to prove to you he's not that bad of a guy."

"Whatever you say man...." I trailed off, leaving our little spot. "I'll catch ya tomorrow. If you're around him when I see you, don't expect me to be around long." I finished.

I could hear her laughing as I started to walk home. I hate being high. Being high makes me think. Me thinking could not lead up to good things. Like the what ifs I let this kid be my friend? What would happen? I shook my head at the thought of it. I can't even picture myself being friends with him. It's already hard as it is being around him, us being friends could kill him or me.

I shook my head and try to drift off to sleep before my parents come home. Shit could either get worse or get better.

An hour later I wake up to the sound of the front door being opened. It sounds like my parents are finally home. Thank goodness my high went away.

"Evelyn, what are you doing?" I heard my mom asked as she walks through the house.

"Nothing just sleeping." I replied as I went to where she was at. Mom is always in a bitchy mood when she comes home from work. Sometimes I just want to tell her to smoke a joint and chill but I would never tell that to my mother.

"You sleep too damn much." she says raising her voice a little. "Go get the rest of the groceries and start dinner."

I walked out to the car where my dad was standing. He looks pissed to but doesn't say a word to me. Dad just looks at me and walks back into the house.

When dinner was finished, my mom tried to argue with me about how I should run my life and what not. I finally had to tell her to shut the hell up and fuck off which caused me to be in deeper shit from my dad. He hits me for talking back to my mom and tells me to go to my room. Dad never really acts this way towards me. Something must be up for him to be like this. Pissed off I decided to call Kota for another round session to calm my nerves and forget about what just happened.

"What the hell?" Kota asks before taking a hit of the good stuff.

"Don't know man. I don't want shit to get worse as the days go." I said exhaling.

"Man don't worry about it. Tomorrow is a better day." she says exhaling the smoke.

We sat in the secret spot for who knows how long. The more rounds came around, the more I felt better. But I couldn't stop thinking about that kid, Gerard. Maybe making friends won't be a bad thing? I mean what's the worst that can happen right?