Write Me into Your Daydream

Lux Sofer is a writer. She earns a living on a few short stories published under her penname, Mayfor Night, but her real passion and inspiration is fanfiction. Taking a chance she has her agent send her fanfiction to Mark Gatiss, offering her ideas for season three of Sherlock. She never expected him to get back to her; she certainly didn’t expect him to want to use her character and ideas.

Flying to London she feels like it’s a dream. This can’t actually be her life, her story actually being put on TV; yes, a dream would be the only reasonable explanation. But that dream soon turns into a nightmare. Lux’s new life comes with problems she never imagined starting with paparazzi trying desperately to get a picture of the new Sherlock writer. Add confrontation with the other writers, problems with the crew, and the difficulty of being two people at once Lux doesn’t think she can handle much more.

But her problems are only just beginning; the press and the fandom are growing restless and some are out for blood, her blood. Suddenly her nightmare becomes very, very real with a threat on her life if she continues working with the show and Lux doesn’t know where to turn.

All she wants is to go back to when it was all just a dream. A silly little daydream that was all her own with no influence from the outside world. Now it's been tainted black and the only ray of light comes in the form of a deep voice whispering to her from the shadows, “Write me into your daydream.”