Status: On the process

Through the Dark

Two

In Niall's Perspective

Yesterday really was something to remember once again, although it did drain me out of my wits. It was kind of like a mixture of excitement and pure exhaustion. Plus, getting into the mall itself had already been a huge challenge. The lads and I had to go through different doors to dodge the huge crowd, hence why we were also a few minutes late from the signing. It was a good thing everyone understood.

But other than the event itself, I also had run into something—or someone rather, who hasn’t left my mind since. We were taking a turn towards the record store where the signing was at, when she accidentally collided against me, sending both our phones to the floor. Honestly, it felt like running onto a same grown man when her body came in contact with mine. I didn’t even bother hiding the surprised look on my face when she got up and apologised.

Her eyes met mine and I asked her if she was alright. I did hit her pretty hard. She offered me a smile, which almost made my face flush uncontrollably, and grabbed her phone from the floor before walking away hurriedly. Usually, I would just shrug it off and carry on through the day. But right after we got to the place, signed the albums and met fans, the image of her face still kept on bugging me. And it was starting to weird me out how a stranger could do such an impact, when all she did was slam her rather tiny body against mine. Well…there is that.

As the night took over, we decided to hit a pub to cool down and grab a few drinks. Our other friends swung by too, and we got to chill around without having to worry about anything else. Of course, I ended up getting a little too drunk by the end of the night. I’ve never been so thankful for the Payne-o for coming into my life. He’d insisted to drive me home so I let him; the alcohol was taking its toll on me anyway. During the car ride, my phone rang—or so I thought was my phone. An unregistered number flashed across the screen, and it took me a while to realise that it was mine.

“Wait a minute.” I mumbled, catching Liam’s attention. His gaze shifted from the road to me. “What is it?” he asked, the tone of his voice sounded a tad worried.

I turned to him and handed the phone over to him. “Look, that’s my number. And it’s calling me!”
“Mate, hold on.” He said. “This isn’t your phone.”

“What?”

He waved the piece of metal on my face. “It’s not yours, obviously. Did you steal somebody else’s at the pub?”

So I ended up explaining to what happened earlier, and completely forgetting that there had been a call waiting to be answered on the phone. He listened attentively, despite that he was driving. What a great lad, Liam is. After my story-telling, we just sat in silence for a while, thinking of our next move. Fortunately, we didn't have to. Because the phone rang again and I got to answer it this time.

"H-hi, look I-I’m sorry to bother y-you. B-but I was t-the girl who bumped into y-you earlier. And I-I kinda took your p-phone by mistake and uhm…I’m really sorry. I don’t know h-how to get it back t-to you, so… ” the voice on the other line stuttered, and I had to admit that she sounded adorable.

Liam asked who it was, mouthing the words in order to not interrupt us. "It's the girl" I whispered back, finding myself a bit sobered up already.

I told her it was alright, and that her phone was with me—obviously. Liam snorted at my rather dumb reply. "Tell her you should meet up so you can return your stuff." He suggested, nudging me, so I did. And she replied with, “Oh…well, I kind of thought about just mailing it to you. You know, t-that way i-it would be m-more convenient.”

Maybe it was the alcohol, or something that urged me to insist on meeting her instead. She probably got freaked out by my persistence; anyway I didn’t plan on giving up. It was weird that I really wanted to see her again, yes. But it just felt kind of nice bumping into someone who doesn’t have any false intentions, and I just really wanted to thank her personally. After about half an hour of trying to convince her, she finally agreed.

“I never got to ask you for your name.”

“It’s Julia.”

“What a pretty name.”

“Uhm, thanks.”

---------- ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ----------

My head was pounding the moment I woke, despite the fact that it wasn't really my first time getting wasted. I hated being hung over, but it wasn't like I could do anything to make it disappear right away. So instead of complaining about the throbbing pain, I went to shower.

Memories of last night replayed inside my head as I prepped myself up. How I got a little (okay, maybe not really a little) drunk and Liam had to drive me home. How that girl, Julia called and made me feel jitters all over when I really am used to talking to ladies and how she just hung up after thanking me when I complimented her name. Goosebumps ran down my spine when the thought of seeing her again on a much better circumstance came into mind, surprisingly.

The anticipation was starting to build up as I drove pass the streets heading to her house. We'd agreed that it would be a lot safer if I would just come around to return her phone and get mine back, since we both didn’t want a riot around the confines. She’d told me that her friend saw us and knew who I was. I’d rather have her friend not tell her at all though; it would be nice to meet someone who didn’t see me as—this.

Their neighbourhood was awfully quiet when I had arrived; it made me think twice about creating noise with my car horn. But I did it anyway. And a few minutes later, she emerged from a blue door across the street where I was parked. Looking at her on a better setting felt really weird. It was like going on my very first date or prom or something.

I rolled the windows down to get a clearer view of her and said "Hi". Not to sound cocky or anything but it seemed like she was a bit wonder struck.

"H-hello" she stuttered in reply. So adorable, I thought. Even if I tried to shrug it off, it was impossible not to smile at the amount of cuteness she possessed. I then unlocked the door and told her to get in, to which she complied with. An unsettling silence took over that I wanted to break, but I didn’t know what to say. Gladly, she beat me to it. “Uhm…here’s your phone?” she said, handing it to me.

A smile emerged on her lips when I gave her hers. I had to explain that the crack happened when she dropped her phone and I'd only noticed it this morning. And I thought the best way to cover it up was to put a band-aid over it, and was trying to be cute or something. I think it worked.

“It’s fine, it’s fine. Thanks though, you didn’t really have to this." She replied, finally sounding at ease. I was starting to think that my presence made her entirely uncomfortable, so it was nice to see her finally loosening up a bit. My hands found its way to the steering wheel, and out of nowhere I found myself asking her, “I, uh, I was wondering if we could grab some breakfast?”

Julia was hesitant at first, but we ended up at Nando’s anyway. She almost seemed like the epitome of modesty; refusing to eat because she was still full, insisting on paying for the food and all that. She finally gave in then, slumping down her seat and started munching on the plate of chips. I’d have to admit it was nice being around her, since she gave off a whole new different vibe from everyone else—I guess.

“Are you allowed to do this, though?” Julia asked in the middle of our conversation about her University.

That stopped me at mid-chew. “Yeah, of course. Why shouldn’t I be?” Of course, she’d have to ask sooner or later. I probably have the title engraved in my forehead or something.

She only nodded in reply before finishing her food. I soon followed after, and we headed back. Another conversation happened while on the ride to her house. We sort of dwelled on my life before X-Factor and the band. Julia never spoke a word, she just listened. And truth be told, I liked it that way. By the time we arrived, a rather adorable laugh was escaping her lips. I’d tried to pull a knock knock joke on her, and she actually found it funny. Most would find me quick to judge, but I really did like having this girl around—despite the fact that we’re both strangers to each other.

So when she got out and was about to head inside, I took a shot in the dark. “Julia?” I called out.
“Yeah?”

Stay cool, Niall. You don’t want to seem so eager. “Wanna do this again sometime?”

She paused for a very short moment—though it still seemed too long for me—and smiled. “Yeah, sure! I’ll see you around, Horan."

And she was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yooo, I'm so sorry for the lack of updates. Actually, to be really honest, I had a hard time trying to write it in Niall's POV. But I really wanted to try switching their views, and all that. Anyway, here you go now! And I apologise in advance because it might take a while to update again, because our Hell Week has begun. College suxxxxxxx because Hell Week.

That's all. Thanks guys!! xx