Status: Completed

This Is Halloween

Meant To Be

Zachary Baker was cuddled in his pajamas after an eventful Halloween night. His parents have a yearly tradition where they throw an insane party in which they invite half of Huntington Beach. His eyes were closed, ready to drift off to sleep when the tapping began. It was a slow, drum like tapping. It had a consistent beat. Tap. Tap. Tap tap tap. Zacky stirred, eyes opening and staring towards his closet door. There was silence. He shrugged, turning on his side and attempting to fall asleep. The tapping began again. Tap. Tap. Tap tap tap. Frustrated, Zacky ripped the sheets from his body and stumbled over to his closet door. He twisted the handle, there was nothing but darkness. He peeked his head inside and tripped, falling into the black hole. He screamed as he fell, trying to reach for anything to stop his descent.

The falling stopped soon enough and he landed in a fountain that leaked green water. He stood from the thick “water” and looked around. Tall pointed, crooked buildings surrounded what he guessed was a town square. The streets were paved with cobblestones. The place had an eerie, dark feel to it. The only light at the moment was coming from the full moon high in the night. In the far off distance he could see a scarecrow with a sign that read “Halloweentown”

“I must be dreaming” He thought aloud.
“Oh, but you’re not. Come boy, join us in our celebration” Zacky jumped, falling back into the green, slimy water.
“Oh, I am so rude! I’m the Pumpkin King, but you can call me Jimmy” Zacky looked up, catching eyes with the tall, skeleton like figure. His bony hand was stretched out, and Zacky took it cautiously.
“Aren’t you going to tell me your name?” The one called Jimmy asked after pulling the boy from the fountain.
“Zacky.”
“Welcome, Zacky, to our town of Halloween!” That’s when Zacky noticed the other figures. Vampires, monsters, the whole works. “Come, let me show you around”

Zacky decided to walk with Jimmy, he was too scared to be left alone. Jimmy first led him to a man who was well built with hazel eyes and a tall pointed hat.

“This is M. Shadows, the mayor of this wonderful town. Shadows this is Zacky.”
“How do you do?” The man had a bright, dimpled smile on his face.
“Hello.” Zacky replied, unsure what else to say.

After Zacky was introduced to the Mayor, he met a ghost by the name of Johnny and a vampire by the name of Syn. He learned that they were in the middle of their celebration for Halloween, Zacky and Jimmy walked around until they reached a cemetery with a tall curved hill,

“What do you think of our town?” Jimmy asked once they reached the top of the hill.
“I really like it,” Zacky said “Halloween has always been my favorite time of year”
“Then why don’t you stay with us?”
“I would love to stay with you...but my parents”
“I understand, Zack, you can always come visit,” Jimmy smiled.
“No, I want to stay. Screw my parents, I like it here so much better.” Zacky said

The Pumpkin King took Zacky’s hands in his boney ones and pulled him close. Zacky looked up, their eyes meeting. Jimmy smiled and leaned closer to him. Their lips were centimeters apart from each other, their breathing being felt on their cold lips. Zacky leaned forward quickly, catching Jimmy’s lips in a kiss. Jimmy’s long limbs wrapped around Zacky’s waist. They pulled back, smiling at one another.

“We’re simply meant to be,” They said at the same time as Jimmy pulled him back in for another kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
It was completely based on The Nightmare Before Christmas, I am taking no credit for the plot. I hope you all enjoyed it c: