Status: New Story! Updating Regularly

Minnesota Girl

Bourbon with a Side of Victory

“Sadie, which looks better the blue or the black one?” Sheena asked while holding up two dresses in front of her, alternating between the two. I glanced up from my cat, Tux.

“Um, I think the black one looks the best.” I answered while stroking his ear. I watched as she pranced around the room holding the dress against her. I had never seen Sheena like this, she was just so happy and full of life. To think one night with Mike could do this to her, I couldn't even imagine if they actually started dating. “Is there a particular reason that you're wearing a dress to the party? It's outside for God's sake the mosquito's will eat you alive!” I laughed. Sheena rolled her eyes and continued looking in the mirror.

“Hey, at least I'm trying to attract a man.” She commented. I snorted.

“Who the hell would I have to attract? All that come to these parties are a bunch of losers.” I said while laying back on the bed. Sheena gave me a weird look in the mirror while she primped. “What?” I questioned. She smirked.

“Billie Joe is pretty cute.” She muttered. I shrugged.

“He's okay.” I answered. Sheena pulled the dress over her head and faced me.

“So, is that what you're wearing to the party?” She questioned with an arched eyebrow. I frowned and looked down at my clothes.

“It's jeans and a t- shirt, is there a dress code of some sort for a fucking birthday party?” I questioned. Sheena rolled her eyes.

“You could at least try to attract somebody, jeez, you haven't been fucked in months! How have you survived!?” She exclaimed. I shrugged.

“Sex isn't my first priority you know.” I mumbled. Sheena was right, it had been a while, but I really didn't care. Sleeping around really isn't my thing, and ever since I broke up with my boyfriend Rob, I just really hadn't cared enough to try. Sheena sighed.

“Don't you want somebody?” She asked. I nodded.

“Well, yeah, but I'm not going to just go searching at some fuck's birthday party.” I said while pulling Tux onto my lap. Sheena snorted.

“Well, you're not going to find anybody sitting in your room with that thing you call a cat.” She retorted. I gasped and attempted to cover Tux's ears.

“Shh, he'll hear you.” I hissed. Sheena rolled her eyes. I've had Tux since I was fifteen and when I moved out here and met Sheena, she wasn't exactly thrilled I had brought him with me. The two didn't really get along. I carefully placed him on my pillow and got off the bed. “When is the party anyway?” I asked while looking for my shoes. Sheena shrugged.

“Mike told me to be there by eight at least.” I nodded.

“You two like each other pretty well, huh?” She blushed.

“He's so sweet. I've never met a guy that cared enough to ask to fuck me.” She giggled. My eyes widened and I burst out laughing.

“He asked you!?” I exclaimed. She nodded.

“He said he was okay with just talking!” I raised my eyebrows.

“Better hang onto this one, Sheena.” I said while lacing my converse sneaker. She smiled.

“Oh, I plan on it.” She assured me with a wink.As we walked out to the car, I had to admit I was a little apprehensive to see Billie Joe again after the comment I made earlier in the week. He had seemed genuinely hurt by what I said and I just didn't know what to expect tonight. My hope was that he would conveniently forget about what I had said, but I'm smart enough to know that's probably not going to be the case.

~***~

When we arrived to the birthday party, Green Day had already started playing. Sheena made it her mission to get up to the front and basically left me the second she laid eyes on Mike. Cupid had basically jammed an arrow right up her ass. I looked around and noticed a group of guys that were setting up a keg right in the middle of the party. 'Oh, goody, another chance for Sheena to ruin my shirt.' I thought to myself as I turned my attention back to Green Day and moved just a little closer to the stage. The people seemed to be liking it, but they weren't as rowdy like in that God forsaken basement. Sheena looked like she was on cloud-nine standing in front of Mike. I smiled as I listened to the remainder of the set. When the last song ended, Sheena came and sat down next to me at a picnic table. The band tore down equipment so, Sheena couldn’t be hanging on Mike right now.

“Having fun?” She asked. I shrugged.

“Not much has happened.” I replied while picking at a hole in my jeans. Sheena nodded.

“Hey, this time you got to see the whole set.” She cheered. I smiled.

“Sounds a lot better when you’re not pissed.” I laughed. Sheena snorted and I looked up to see Mike.

“Hey guys.” He greeted. Sheena smiled and I swear I saw her blush.

“Hey.” She said while standing up and hugging him. They sat down and I took that as my cue to leave. I silently got up from the picnic table and walked toward the area with drinks. There was mostly alcohol and a few coke's here and there so I opted the sober route and got a coke.

“Oh, you decided to come.” I heard a familiar voice behind me say. I turned around to discover the one person I was wanting to avoid, Billie Joe. He reached over me to pick up a red plastic cup.
“How nice of you. I'm flattered, really.” He said sarcastically while taking a sip. I rolled my eyes.

“Is there something that you want?” I questioned. He took another drink and shook his head.

“Nope, not a thing Sadie. ” He said as he turned and walked away. I frowned. He used my real name instead of 'Minnesota Girl' which I would have been happy for if it weren't for the fact it was just him being a smart ass. “So much for him conveniently forgetting.” I mumbled to myself while leaning against the table. I noticed that he had gone to sit with Mike and Sheena and unfortunately, I knew I'd have to go over there at some point or Sheena would kick my ass. So, I reached over and grabbed a red plastic cup and quickly took a sip of whatever substance happen to be in it. Which in the this case was Bourbon. I grimaced as I swallowed and started walking towards them.

~***~

As I got closer, I could hear Sheena laughing. She was sitting on Mike's lap, probably a little tipsy considering she was kissing him all over his face and giggling. Sheena looked up and acknowledged my presence.

“Sadie! You're back!” She slurred. I grinned.

“How much has she had to drink?” I asked Mike.

“More than she should have.” Mike answered, looking a little buzzed as well while holding her up. Sheena giggled.

“Mikey, you're the best.” She squealed while hugging him and knocking them both to the ground, laughing the entire way down. I laughed and glanced over at Billie Joe, who was staring a hole through me with the same stoic look as the days prior. There wasn't a trace of the goofy, smart ass I had smoked pot with and I was beginning to feel very awkward. Mike and Sheena got up off the ground and he quickly swept her up.

“I'm going to go and, uh sober up.” He announced as they made out and went to a closed off spot away from the party. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what they were doing. I didn't really want to sit next to Billie Joe and the small bench was still a little too close for comfort, so I opted to sit on the ground. I sighed and sat down in the grass with my back leaning against the picnic table. For a while all that I heard was the sound of other people's conversations and the firecrackers they had decided to set off.

“So, what are you doing here?” Billie Joe asked me, breaking the silence between us. I turned my head to look at him.

“What do you mean?” I replied. He rolled his eyes as he lit a cigarette.

“I mean, shouldn't you be on your knees somewhere? I heard you're pretty good with your mouth.” I rolled my eyes.

“And just where did you hear that? I asked, trying to stay calm. He chuckled.

“People talk, sweetheart. Thought you'd know that by now.” I snorted.

“Funny, I don't know anybody that would tell you that.” I said while standing up and brushing off my pants.

“Not even Rob?” He asked in an almost malicious tone. I froze and turned around.

“How do you know Rob?” I whispered. He smirked.

“Let's just say he used to buy a certain illegal substance from me.” He answered. I clenched my jaw.

“Rob wouldn't tell you something like that.” I spat. Billie Joe raised his eyebrows.

“Oh really? So, the part about you being very limber was a lie, too?” He sneered. “From what he said your not one to turn down a free meal.” He added I couldn't believe what I was hearing. My ex boyfriend who cheated on me, had told people, including Billie Joe, who apparently had been his weed dealer, private things about me and implied that I was a big whore. Angry didn't even come close to describing how I felt. I could tell this is exactly what Billie Joe had wanted, so I did the only thing I could think of. I picked up a half finished cup of Bourbon off the table and slowly walked up to him. I leaned in close to his ear and whispered, “It's a shame you won't be finding out” while pouring the drink right on his head and walking away. Over my shoulder I could hear him cursing and I smiled knowing I had won that battle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello lovelies! What do think so far? You like? Let me know! I want to say HUGE thank you to poison and blood for all of your help. You're ahmazing!

Comment&Subscribe!

xoxo