Status: New Story! Updating Regularly

Minnesota Girl

Watching Shooting Stars

“Sadie, did I or did I not see Billie Joe leaving our apartment this morning?” Sheena asked as we returned home from visiting my grandmother. I had successfully avoided that question all morning and wondered when she would bring it up.

“You did, but it’s not what your thinking.” I answered truthfully while plopping down on the couch, allowing Tux to take his rightful spot on my lap. I knew what Sheena was probably thinking and decided to take that thought right out of her mind. Billie Joe had been on my mind constantly since I woke up this morning. I kept remembering how sweet he had been to me and the song that became my lullaby for the night was still ringing in my ears.

“And exactly what am I thinking?” She asked matter-of-factly while putting her hand on her hip.

I rolled my eyes while stroking Tux’s ear. “I didn’t jump his bones, Ms. Pervert.” I stated. Sheena wasn’t fooling me with that ‘I don’t know what you mean’ act. I knew exactly what she was asking.

“Well, then why was he here?” She wondered.

I fought the urge to smile and continued to look down at Tux. “He brought me home from work, and he, uh, he carried me to my room.” I said as a familiar blush appeared on my cheeks. Sheena raised her eyebrows in surprise.

“Well, my my Ms. Keaton. Letting a boy in your room?” She teased.

I grinned sheepishly. I just didn’t let anyone come into my room, even with Rob it took me a while to even let him enter my own little world that was inside of it. I had actually completely forgotten my rule when Billie Joe brought me home. It hadn’t even crossed my mind until now.

“Was there any lip action?” She inquired with a smirk. I nodded and bit my lip. Her eyes widened in surprise.

“Sadie, you little devil you!” She laughed. I smiled and leaned back against the couch.

“He truly is just so charming, Sheena. It was so unexpected.” I gushed while hugging Tux close. I felt pretty fucking ridiculous reacting the way that I was, being all girly and mushy wasn’t me at all and it kind of unnerved me in a way. Sheena smirked and stood in front of me.

“Is it too early for an I told you so?” She taunted. I mentally rolled my eyes.

I sighed tiredly and closed my eyes. “Get it out of your system.” I muttered. Sheena didn’t need to be told twice, she hopped up on the coffee table and pointed in my direction without a second thought.

“Told you so! Told you so! I told you so!!!” She screeched. I shook my head and laughed.

“You are enjoying his way too much.” I chided playfully. Sheena grinned as she sat down on the edge of the table.

“I love it when I’m right.” She sighed contently. I laughed and sat up, causing Tux to jump down and brush against my legs. “So tell me, what kind of kiss as it?” She asked. I frowned.

“What do you mean what kind of kiss was it? It was just a kiss.” I answered. Sheena rolled her eyes.

“Sadie, there is a major difference in ‘just a kiss’ and a kiss. ” She exclaimed. “Was it like a soft peck or a lingering kind of thing?” I thought for a moment, and quickly decided that it definitely wasn’t a peck by any means. If anything, it was enough to make the hair on my arms stand up.

“Well, it definitely lingered.” I blushed. Sheena fought the urge to squeal and instead smiled widely.

“Tell me, Sadiekins, if you had the chance last night, would you have let him stay? ” She suggested. I rolled my eyes at her.

“No Sheena, I wouldn’t have. I don’t even know him well enough for that .” I reasoned. Sheena laughed and moved to the couch, sitting down next to me.

“You never cease to amaze me, Sadie. I don’t know how you can resist that fine ass.” She joked. I chuckled and shoved her playfully.

“Well, I have a little more restraint than you do, sweet child.” I pointed out. Sheena looked at me and sort of gasped.

“I resent that, Sadiekins. I only fucked Mike because he asked me so nicely.” She smirked. “I see what I want and I take it.” She added. I shook my head and laughed. Sheena never had a problem ‘jumping into bed’ if the opportunity presented its self. She wasn’t a whore by any way, but she enjoyed sex a great deal just as much as a man did.

“Well, I prefer to take things slower. As much as that seems to pain you.” I laughed softly while standing upward. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m dying to go wash this greasy hair of mine from that long ass shift. It’s disgusting.” I moaned. Sheena nodded and stretched out across the couch.

“When are you seeing Billie Joe again?” She wondered. I stopped in my tracks and turned towards her. I had entirely blanked out about what Billie Joe had stated to me before leaving last night. He had said he wanted to take me somewhere today, but never specified just where it would be, or when. I was starting to think I had either thought or dreamed his words, but was convinced they were genuine. I scratched my head thoughtfully.

“Um, sometime today, I think.” I answered unsure. Sheena quirked an eyebrow at me.

“Today? Well, you best be getting your sweet ass in gear!” She exclaimed. I laughed and made my way towards my bathroom. I’d be completely lying if I said I didn’t want to see Billie Joe today. That kiss he had planted on me last night had sent shock waves through my entire body and I desperately wanted to feel it again. No kiss had ever made me feel the way he had and I found myself softly humming the same tune as him from the night before. I couldn’t really articulate what I was feeling towards him, but knew that it was something that I couldn’t stop.

~***~
When nine o’clock rolled around later that night, I was beginning to think that maybe it had been all in my head when I thought he said he would be coming back tonight. I wasn’t really sad, more disappointed than anything. I wanted to see him a lot more than I was willing to acknowledge to myself. It felt odd to want to see him as badly as I did. I had been slightly drawn to him from the get go, but had pushed that aside with the anger and frustration that had been put in its place down in that basement party. I had never seen anyone like him in my life. He could be so charming that it was difficult to think that he was also that snot nosed bastard on stage. I couldn’t explain it, but there was something about him that made me crazy. I was busying myself sorting through my dad’s old albums when Sheena called to me.

“Oh Sadie, your lover is here!” She declared.

I instantly perked up and clibed off my bed. He did show up after all. The butterflies in my stomach began swarming as I went into the living room to see Billie Joe sitting on my couch like the previous time he had been over. He smiled up at me as I drew closer and I could feel my face start to flush.

“Told you I’d be back.” He grinned. I smiled and sat down next to him.

“Did it have to be at nine o’clock at night?” I teased. He rolled his eyes playfully.

“So sorry to inconvenience you, princess. Does this mean you don’t want to go with me?” He questioned. I furrowed my eyebrows.

“Go with you where?” I asked, feeling slightly confused and excited. He smirked as he lit a cigarette.

“That is for me to know and for you to find out.” He taunted while inhaling deeply. I inwardly rolled my eyes.

“How are you so sure that I even want to go with you?” I asked, knowing very well that he could take me to a fucking barn and I’d be happy. Billie Joe smirked at my words and leaned forward to whisper in my ear.

“You trust me, don’t you, Minnesota Girl?” He whispered gently, his voice was low and melodic, which caused my knees to weaken. Oh God, I needed help. I bit my lip and nodded, as if he suffered some kind of enchantment over me. He stood with the cigarette still in hand, and motioned for me to do the same. I smiled as I stood and glanced over at Sheena, who was standing in the kitchen doorway, practically begging for me to go. We exited the front door and Billie Joe gently pulled me towards his car by the hand. His eyes followed me as I climbed into the passenger side. The familiar smell of leather and cigarettes engulfed me and I couldn’t help but feel a tad bit giddy.

“Did you miss me?” Billie Joe taunted while looking over his shoulder to back out. I pressed my converse clad feet against the dashboard. I glanced towards him and saw a smirk appear on his face.

“Oh, but of course.” I replied cheekily. He grinned and flicked his cigarette out the window.

“Good, it’s what was intended.” He joked. I rolled my eyes and watched the trees whip past us. I noticed that we were getting further and further from the city and wondered just where he was actually taking me. We talked and picked at each other for close to an hour before we pulled into a closed off spot just outside the city. It looked to be what most people would call a make out spot and I suddenly had a sinking feeling in my stomach. Had he brought me here to try and get in my pants? Had I missed a red flag? Could he of had this planned all along? I watched tentatively as he opened his door.

“You coming?” He chuckled while getting out and shutting his car door behind him. I hesitantly opened my door and stepped out. The atmosphere was humid and almost suffocating as I looked around to take in the bright lights of the city beneath us. It was still up here compared to the traffic I had grown so used to listening. Billie Joe pulled himself up on the hood of his car and patted the spot next to him.

“Come sit.” He said. I smiled softly and complied with his request. It truly was beautiful up here and any doubts I had been having of his intentions vanished when he tilted backward against the windshield an gazed up at the sky. “Have you ever seen so many stars?” He asked me. I managed the same as him and laid down adjacent to him. The view was simply breathtaking. You can’t see stars like this down in Oakland, it was almost like magicl.

“What is this place?” I whispered, while still looking up at the sky. Billie Joe glanced over at me and then smiled.

“It doesn’t have a name as far as I know.” He answered while putting his hands behind his head. “I’ve been coming up here since I was fifteen, Mike too. He added while smacking his arm quickly. “The only downside are these damn mosquitos.” He laughed. I giggled and subconsciously started scratching my arm.

“Do you bring all your dates up here?” I teased. Trying to overlook the fact that I had just referred myself as his date.

“No, just the cute ones.” He smirked. I smacked his arm playfully and tried to make the blush on my cheeks disappear before he could notice. “I’m kidding.” He admitted while touching my arm. His touch was soft and delicate, as if he could break me. I gently ran my hand of his and smoothed my thumb over his knuckles. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a bright point of light moving rapidly across the sky with a glowing trail of smoke left behind it. I actually gasped.

“Holy shit, did you see that?” I exclaimed. Billie Joe, who had been watching me intently, gazed up.

“See what?” He questioned.

“I guess it was a shooting star.” I said in astonishment. I had never seen one before and it was just beautiful, right down to the glowing trail of smoke. Billie Joe sat up and pulled me along with him.

“Make a wish then.” He smiled.

I crossed my legs underneath me and closed my eyes. I didn’t really know what to even wish for, so I just wished for the best between he and I. Truthfully, I have been content being here with Billie Joe, which was nevertheless a little strange to me. I opened my eyes to see Billie Joe staring at me. I smiled sheepishly. “What?” I whispered, feeling a little self conscience under his gaze. He softly smiled.

“Nothing, you’re just beautiful.” He said softly. I felt my cheeks heat up and blushed furiously. Billie Joe scooted closer to me. "Can I ask you a question?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Sure." I answered. Billie Joe looked out across the city and sighed.

“Do you know that song Ring of Fire? He questioned, while looking down at his own beat up converse. I thought for a moment and then nodded.

"Yes." I told him. Billie Joe reached out and gingerly ran his hand along my thigh, caressing the soft skin on my knee.

“You know how it says, “I fell into a ring of fire?” He asked while still looking down. I nodded my head. “I never knew what those lyrics meant until met you. I feel like I’m on the verge of some sort of mental breakdown, but in a good sort of way, y’know? I feel like I'm on fire whenever I'm around you, Sadie.” He confessed to me. He raised his gaze from the ground and up to me. I felt as if my heart had swelled four times its size and gently placed my hands on either side of his face. His face was soft and I leaned in and pressed my lips against his, kissing him without regret. They were just as soft and warm as the night before and in a way, felt like they belonged to be on mine. When we broke apart, he smiled and pecked my lips. “You are something else, Sadie Keaton.” He whispered.

I smiled and ran my fingers over his hand. “You’re not the only one with surprises.” I grinned. He drew me closer to him and I put my head on his shoulder, staring back up at the sky. I knew then that Billie Joe was right about the song’s lyrics, because I too had fallen into a ring of fire.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey lovelies! So sorry for the long ass wait, please forgive me. :)
Feed back is very much appreciated!

Comment&Subscribe!

xoxo