Status: Ongoing, chaptered

The Party Scene Has Got the Best of Me

Chapter 3

"Barakat!" One of the police officers yelled through the bars. "You've posted bail!"

Finally, Jack mumbled under his breath, coming up to the cell door, holding his hands out through the bars. He'd spent all night at the station, and he couldn't wait to get out of this hellhole.

Jack closed his eyes, head pounding. Last night he'd managed to accidentally burn club 19 to the ground. He knew he shouldn't have drank so much last night but there was nothing he could do about it now.

Jack silently laughed to himself. Rian was going to have a field day with this. The older boy sure as hell would never let him forget it.

The guard unlocked Jack's handcuffs, letting them slip off as he unlocked the cell to let Jack through.

Jack was lead down a long, white, sterile-looking hallway, until they reached a door at the end and pulled him through. They gave him a few release papers to sign and Jack was off and on his way.

Jack silently laughed. It was just that easy when you're parents were rich.

Jack walked out of the police station, fully expecting to see his bodyguard waiting to pick him up, but what he saw instead took him by surprise.

Surprise was an understatement, Jack was terrified.

What he saw instead was both his parents, grim faced, sitting in the front seat of an SUV.

Jack considered turning around, hoping his parents wouldn't see him. As if reading his mind, Jack's father turned around, glaring at his son, almost as if he was daring him to walk away.

Jack reluctantly walked to the car, sliding in the backseat. He honestly had no idea what was going to happen, his parents had never picked him up for anything in his life.

Jack's father started the car and began driving, not having said a single word. Jack was getting worried.

After what seemed like several hours, even though Jack knew it was only minutes, Jack's father pulled into their estate.

Jack's parents got out of the car, still not saying a word. Jack could do nothing but follow and prepare for the shit storm he knew was about to go on.

Jack followed them up the stairs and into what he assumed was his dad's office, all these years he'd never really had a reason to go inside of it.

Jack automatically sat himself down in one of the chairs, fidgeting and pulling on the strings of his chair in a nervous frenzy. He heard a deep cough, and he slowly raised his head, expecting the worst.

To Jack's surprise, his dad looked sad and thoughtful, not at all angry like he'd been expecting.

"Son, I'm not going to give you a whole speech about how disappointed I am, because I know you won't give a damn."

"That's not tr-" Jack started, but was soon interrupted.

"Save it Jack." Bassam sighed, continuing. "I made a mistake with you, Jack, and I'm sorry. Your mother and I raised you to be selfish by giving you whatever you wanted, I mean for god's sake we didn't even made you work. Is time for you to take some responsibly Jack."

"Wha- what are you talking about?" His eyes widened.

"At first I wanted to kick you out.." Bassam paused, glancing over at Joyce. "But your mother doesn't quite agree with me."

Jack sighed in relief. It looked as if he was off the hook.

To Jack's surprise Bassam continued, "So we came up with a better idea. One that will force you to take a lot of responsibility."

"We think this will be good for you Jack. We just want to do what's best for you honey" Jack's mom interrupted. "We love you."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Jack was getting nervous. His parents had never gone this far before, and he had no idea what to expect.

His parents we're right, his whole life he'd gotten it easy, but they had to give him a break. He was still young and he wanted to enjoy life, not be stuck in some shitty job from nine to five. His life was just how he wanted it, but Jack had a terrible feeling that that was all about to change.

"We're making you get married"
♠ ♠ ♠
hey guys, this is my first Jalex so go easy on me haha :) comments are very much appreciated! Also if you want to see anything particular in this story let me know.