Status: Ongoing, chaptered

The Party Scene Has Got the Best of Me

Chapter 4

Alex woke up in a warm bed, little rays of sunlight were peeking through his curtains and shining into his eyes. Alex groaned, pulling his sheets to cover his face as he tried to get his last bit of sleep before he woke up. Alex was blissfully in between sleep and waking up, and he wanted to enjoy his last minutes.

Alex hadn't felt this peaceful in a long time, yet there was something in the back of his head, nagging him, making Alex think something was wrong. Yet, Alex wasn't even half awake yet, his brain was still sleeping, but his body was starting to wake up.

Finally, Alex gave up, knowing he'd never be able to get back to sleep now. Alex yawned, stretching his stiff body.

A sharp pain ran down his back, and he realized his entire body was sore and covered in bruises and cuts. Suddenly, all the memories of the night before came flooding back.

Alex felt numb.

Alex carefully laid himself back down on the bed, not wanting to hurt himself further. Everything felt like a dream. A sick, twisted, terrible dream. But just to Alex's luck, it was all real and it could never be taken back.

Alex wanted to cry, scream, hit someone, anything. But instead he just laid there, silent and motionless, trapped inside his own dreaded mind. Alex was helpless.

Being alone all these years, Alex would think he'd be able to take care of himself, but it was the exact opposite. Alex just didn't know what to do. So instead of letting himself cry, he laid there, not moving an inch, and sinking further and further into a prison of his very own doing. The truth was, Alex wanted to die. He knew this would be the perfect time, maybe the only time to do it, and yet he didn't move.

Seconds, then minutes passed, slowly fading into hours. With every tick of the clock, Alex felt the fight slowly leaving him. He could care less what happened to him now.

When Don came bursting through the door, Alex didn't even flinch. To his surprise though, instead of yelling him or hitting him like he usually did, Don just casually threw a suitcase on top of Alex.

"What's this" Alex muttered indifferently.

"Me and Mr. Barakat made a deal, all our debt is paid"

Alex looked up, surprised.

But Don wasn't finished, "That deal involves you marrying their son, so pack up you're leaving in 30 minutes."

Don slammed his door shut, and Alex sat with his mouth wide open, completely flabbergasted. Alex couldn't decide if this was a good or bad thing. He'd be getting away from Don, but at the same time Are was being forced into a marriage with someone who he knew was going to hate him.

Not to mention he was a man.

Alex was terrified. He didn't ever want to be violated like that again. He couldn’t be violated like that again. Sure, Alex was gay, but he didn't think he could bear to even be touched.

But another part of Alex thought, he was nothing but an object, it was only fair that he was treated like one. Alex was nothing. At the moment he didn't even feel like a human. He felt like an old play toy, everything was rusted and broken on the inside, and only a thin layer on the outside was left, gone but not completely used up. A part of Alex knew he deserved what happened last night, a part of him knew that being forced to marry this man was fate.

There was also a part of Alex that wouldn't let himself give up that easily. Or at least, he wouldn't let the man touch him. If that were to happen, Alex's tiny outer shell might just crack and break, once and for all.

Either way, Alex knew he had to pack up to start his new life, however long this one may be.

Alex lifted himself up, crying out from the sharp pain running down his back. Alex felt a stickiness in his pants. He knew he was bleeding but he simply couldn't bother to fix it.

It didn't end up taking Alex very long to pack, he owned very little and it all fit into the suitcase his step-father had thrown at him.

Realizing he still had ten minutes, Alex quickly hopped in the shower, hissing as the water hit all his cuts and scrapes. Alex quickly washed his hair, purposely avoiding the other spots on his body.

Once Alex was finished and dressed, he quietly waited for Don to call him downstairs. A couple
dreadful minutes later, Alex heard Don shout at him to ‘get his ass downstairs’. Alex scurried down to the door, as fast as his body would allow him.

At the door, Alex was greeted by two muscular looking men, dressed in black suits, frowns unsuccessfully hidden on their faces as they looked over Alex.

Alex was terrified. These men reminded him of the man in the alleyway, and he couldn't stop having flashbacks of being held down and violated. All he could hope for was that they wouldn't hurt him.

Overnight, Alex Gaskarth had become afraid of men.

It was a strange thing to think about, being afraid of the very thing you'd been seeking for years. And now he was marrying that thing.

With that, Alex left behind the house he'd lived in for his entire childhood, not even his own mother bothering to say goodbye. Alex didn't know why he was so surprised.
♠ ♠ ♠
thoughts so far? comments are appreciated!