Status: Ongoing, chaptered

The Party Scene Has Got the Best of Me

Chapter 5

Jack sat on the couch, his body rigid and tense. Any minute now, his fiancé would be walking through the door. To be honest, Jack had no idea what to expect. Either way, he knew there was no way in hell he could ever like the man who was ruining his life.

Jack wasn't looking forward to this day. His parents were expecting him to take responsibility, and be nice to the boy. Instead, Jack decided he was going to make the boy’s life a living hell.

The boy was what Jack and taken to calling his new fiancé, not bothering to learn his name. He thought he heard his mom call him Alan or something like that, but he wasn't exactly sure.

Jack knew the boy was only in it for the money. Why else would he agree to marry him? The one thing Jack had was money, and a lot of it. If the boy thought he could prance in here and get whatever he wanted, he had another thing coming.

Jack was pulled out of his thoughts by the familiar ring of the front door.

Oh god. Jack felt sick.

Not more than a second later, Jack's mom's face lit up with a bright smile as she hurried to get the door. Jack glared at her harshly, but of course, she ignored him. Jack was sickened by how happy she was to be making him marry a money hungry whore.

Jack heard her greet who he guessed was the boy, but oddly Jack didn't hear anyone answering his imposing mothers questions. Jack had half expected the boy to be loud and instantly trying to win over his family. He guessed he was wrong.

Maybe he didn't even choose to be here, maybe he doesn't even want to marry me. Maybe that's why he's so quiet.

Jack quickly pushed the thought out of his brain, it didn't matter what the boy was like all that mattered was that he deserved to suffer for what he did to him.

"Jack honey, come down and talk to Alex!" His mother chirped from downstairs.

So that was his name, he thought to himself.

Groaning, Jack slowly pushed himself up from his seat and sauntered down to the kitchen, where he presumed Alex and Joyce would be sitting.

To his surprise, Joyce was nowhere in sight, leaving Jack to face the boy Alone.

That bitch. Jack silently cursed his mother before placing a smirk on his face and entering the kitchen.

The first thing he spotted was a figure hunched over the table. As he got close, Jack noted the boys eyes were red, as if he'd been crying. He quickly brushed it off, remembering what he came here to do.

He was a pathetic sight, really.

'Alex's' clothes were faded and ripped, holes covering the front and back of his shirt. His arms were crossed around his body, as if we was trying to protect himself. Or, judging by how tight he was grabbing onto his sides, trying to keep himself together.

His hair was greasy and matted, Jack guessed it had been a while since he'd showered. There were bags under his eyes and he looked skinny as fuck. Jack almost felt sorry for him.

"I knew my parents had low standards, but Jesus, I didn't expect them to start picketing the homeless shelter." Jack sneered.

Jack saw hurt in the small boys eyes as he quickly lowered his head. He could tell the boy was fighting back tears.

Pretty soon tears came sliding down his cheeks, the boy quickly raising a hand to wipe them away. Jack felt a flash guilt but quickly pushed it away.

"You might want to clean that up." Jack snickered, before turning and leaving the room.

~Alex's P.O.V.~

'I knew my parents had low standards, but Jesus, I didn't expect them to start picketing the homeless shelter.'

That simple line echoed in his mind over and over like a broken record.

Alex didn't know why it hurt so much. He should've been used to it by now, he got much worse from Don every single day, and yet the simple words from a man he'd just met had managed to do what his abuser never could.

Alex never cried in front of anyone.

Not one soul.

And yet one stupid insult from his 'fiancé' had managed to break through everything he'd put up over the years.

But Alex knew it wasn't just Jack. He was weak, and no matter how hard he tried he couldn't forget what had happened the night before.

He just wanted to lay down and cry. He didn't want to move or eat, or even sleep. The thought of doing anything made him sick.

Alex simply didn't know what to do. Jack had left him over 10 minutes ago and no one had come to tell him where to go and where he was supposed to sleep. All Alex could do was sit there and try not to cry, which he was doing a pretty bad job at so far.

Alex couldn't control his emotions anymore, and he needed to get somewhere private before he really embarrassed himself.

Finally, he decided to just try and find his room himself, or maybe even a bathroom he could lock himself in.

Alex forced himself up, stumbling towards the stairs he'd seen on his way in.

Still in a large amount of pain, Alex dragged himself up the stairs, only to slip on one of the steps and come tumbling down the staircase with a thud.