Status: NEW STORYYY c:

True Love Never Fades

prologue.

July 17th, 2008
2:40 A.M.


“Are we there yet?” I giggled just a little too loud. Only because of the adrenaline that was rushing through my body, was I not in my right mind set.

“Shh,” a smirk growing on his face as he put his finger to my lips. “We’re almost there.”

I huffed and puffed, faking my agitation. He only let out an airy laugh as he continued to lead me to the destination he thought I didn't know. It was close to three in the morning and we were roaming the downtown streets of Los Angeles. And if you know anything about downtown, you know it is definitely not the safest place to be at this ungodly hour. I don’t think it helps anything that we are both highly intoxicated and overly amounts of drugs were coursing through our bodies. We probably don’t even know what half the stuff we took was. Look at us, seventeen year old kids, doing things we will probably look down upon in the future. But we were too young and in love to have a care in the world. Other than each other, that is.

Chris was currently leading me around and about, trying to get to his “secret spot”. He thinks I don’t know where he’s taking me, but his friend told me all about it. Since he loves this place so much, I’ll let him have his joy. We kept walking, as he kept assuring me we were almost there, I had tripped over my own feet and stumbled to the cold concrete. I laughed it off as I ripped my heels from my feet. He helped me up and secured his arm around my waist to make sure that that wouldn’t happen again.

“Come on, Haven. You’re really drunk, but you’ve got to be more careful.” He slurred, trying to sound concerned, but he was in the same boat as I. Too drunk and too high to give a fuck.

“And you’re not?” I laughed.

“No, I am. I’m just saying you should be careful.” It’s funny because as serious as we were trying to be, laughter found it’s way of ruining it.

We continued walking, his arm still where he placed it. I was leaned into his warmth like I was desperate for it. I’ve always admired the way he was so gentle with me. He treated me like I was glass, and like I was the only person in the world when I was around him. He was always by my side and I couldn’t ask for anyone better. He loved me, almost as much as I loved him. Everything I did, he was always there to make sure I wouldn’t get hurt, or I wouldn’t make some stupid decision that he knows I would regret because he knows me better than I know myself. I think I could truly say that I couldn’t live without him. We were together forever, for better or for worse.

We were almost to the spot he had been dying to show me. All we had to do was turn one more corner, and go down one more trail. “Look at the stars, they’re beautiful,” I whispered.

He stopped walking to admire the sight. “I don’t fucking see anything,” He laughed, which made me giggle in return. “Come on, now, we’re so close.” He lifted me off my feet and began carrying me in his arms. It was a surprise to me that he could walk straight without me in his arms, let alone while I am.

The place was in sight and as much as I loved being in his arms, I was ready to get down. As soon as he stepped near the tree, he put me on my feet. I walked around behind the tree to get to the swing. Chris sat down before I did, making sure to leave me room. I sat so closely beside him, I could physically feel the chill bumps on his arms from the summer breeze. Neither one of us decided to break the comfortable silence for the longest time. His arms slowly wrapped around my shoulders and I snuggled into his body. It was almost as if our body’s were made to be beside each other. I had always thought of us being together forever, but in this moment.. In this beautiful moment we share right now, that’s when I knew. I knew we would be together forever. We would grow old together with kids, and grandkids. It was a life I couldn’t wait for.

Chris’ soothing voice broke the silence, “do you like it, love? It’s peaceful isn’t it?” He asked, kissing the top of my head.

“I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else,” I smiled up at him. He leaned down to give me the most passionate kiss I had ever been on the receiving end of. We broke apart all too soon for my liking, though.

“I love you so much, Haven. You are the highlight of my life. I know we’re only in high school and most people think our love is petty, I know that we are going to be together for many, many years to come because quite frankly, I don’t think I could bear a single second knowing you’re not by my side through everything,” Chris sighed contentedly.

“I love you, too, Chris. You may not know this but-” The sound of rustling leaves interrupted me. “Did you hear that?” I asked him, looking around to see if I could see any movement.

“Yeah, but I’m sure it was a rabbit or something. As you were saying,” he smirked.

As paranoid as I was, I continued what I was trying to say. “You may not know this, but I feel the same about you, if not more. I can’t live without you, Chris. You mean the world to me and more. If I had to, I would-” The noise interrupts once again.

“You heard it that time, too, right?” I asked.

“Yeah, but like I said, it’s probably an animal or you’re just imagining it.” He sighed, “don’t be so paranoid.”

“I’m not imagining it. And I don’t think it was an animal.” I stood up from my spot to go check it out.

“Haven, come back here.” Chris called, but I swatted my hand in his direction to let him know I was going regardless of what he said.

I approached the bushes the produced the sound and moved branches to see if I could find something, but I came up with nothing. “I don’t see anything,” I called out to Chris, who was showing his annoyance on his face.

“Told you it was nothing. Come back, I’m getting cold.” He pouted, making me laugh.

As I turn to walk his way, I felt hands grab my feet and pull me to the ground. I let out a scream of agony, trying to help my vision recover. I screamed to get Chris to help, but I found he had problems of his own.

“Chris, no!” I yelled for him. “Chris!”

I was jerked off the ground, unable to see my attacker. Chris was being pulled around by two guys, whose identities remain hidden behind behind masks. No matter how hard I struggled, I couldn't break free of the man's grasp. He was too strong for me. Tears started to pour from my eyes. “Chris!” I called again, knowing it would do no good, but wanting him to give me some sort of sign the was doing fine. A hand clasped over my mouth and an arm remained securely around my waist.

“Haven!” Chris yelled. “Haven, no matter what..” He was being held by one guy in a choke hold. “I will always love you!” He tried to pull away. “Stay strong!”

Tears began to pour faster and faster as I saw the gleam of something shiny being pulled out of the guy’s pocket. I pushed and pulled and screamed, but nothing was working. I couldn’t break free of the man’s grasp, even if it meant trying to save the one I love. The silver blade was plunged into Chris’ stomach, and the sound of his shrill cries filled the night. I bit the guy’s hand to tried and run to help Chris. He removed his hand from my mouth, but just as I started to run, he yanked my feet and I fell to the ground once more, but landing on my wrist this time. There was no doubt that my wrist was broken. I tried to ignore the excruciating pain coursing through my body. The only thing on my mind was getting to Chris. I called his name over and over again but it was no use. His body lay there, unmoving.

“Chris! No, no, no!” I cried. The two men who attacked Chris pulled me up with harsh grasps before clubbing me over the back of the head with something ridiculously hard. I squirmed to try and free myself, but there was no way I could remove myself from three grown men. The pound of another blow to my head was granted.

I remember them letting me fall to the grown, my eyesight slowly fading, my body unable to move. I heard their footsteps take off running south, through the bushes as the sound of sirens flooded the air. I tried to move, but found that my body was unable to make the smallest of movement. The only thing I felt was the warm blood and tears that covered my body. Why hadn’t they just stabbed me to go ahead and kill me like they did Chris? Why had the left me here to suffer?

I opened my mouth to try and call out to Chris once more, but the only thing that came out was a muffled sound and blood. I tried as hard as I could to call to him, but my eyelids were becoming too heavy to keep open. I mentally begged myself to stay awake. For Chris’ sake. He asked me to stay strong, so that’s what I wanted to do. For him. I swear I tried so hard, but soon my body couldn’t take the pressure anymore. That’s when I finally saw the dark side.

I could only hope that I would see Chris again soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY GUYS!
SO, i am really excited for this story, and i hope you are all as well.
sorry, i just came to a sudden end on 'Lacerated Lullabies'. i just did not like where that story was going, it was such a mess. but this! i have a good feeling about this one.
also, my lovely friend will be making me a layout soon, so it will be up shortly.
check it out, i hope you guys like it!
Savannah.