Status: NEW STORYYY c:

True Love Never Fades

chapter one.

Six Years Later
2:00 p.m.


I groaned as I looked around at the several boxes full of my stuff. I plopped down on my mattress, that has get to have sheets on it, making the springs creak. Moving down here was probably on of the best decisions and one of the worst decisions I've made. It's great because I can actually get away from all of the drama and guilt I've been encapsulating for the past six years. It was only until now that I have finally found the courage to pack up everything I own and leave that God forbidden place. I'll miss my family, my sister especially, but even they knew it was for the best. Instead of staying with my troubles, I moved to Massachusetts. Not my ideal location, but Rose has family here that she wanted to be close to. Thank whoever exists that my best friend moved in with me, so I wouldn't have to go through this alone.

Even if I left my troubles behind, I can never erase my memory. I'll never be able to forget July 17th, 2008. I'll never be able to forget him. Chris. Even after seven years, I still remember the pain expressed on his face and the blood that spewed out of his mouth. It is burned into my mind and no matter what, it won't go away. For a whole year after that night, I went to therapy and they prescribed medication that was supposed to help, but it didn't. So finally I stopped going; it wasn't worth it anymore. I can still remember the exact words Chris said that night. "I love you so much, Haven. You are the highlight of my life. I know we’re only in high school and most people think our love is petty, I know that we are going to be together for many, many years to come because quite frankly, I don’t think I could bear a single second knowing you’re not by my side through everything." The words were branded into my memory. My heart will forever be his, as his was mine.

When I got the news that he hadn't survived the attack, I felt my heart shatter and fall into pieces. I hadn't been able to cope. I cried myself to sleep every night for months until I realized that no matter how much crying I did, it wouldn't bring him back so I finally pulled myself together and quit the crying. But even though I stopped crying every night, that doesn't mean that I wasn't still in pain. To this day, my heart aches for him. I hate to admit that after all this time, I'm still not over him.

Tears found their way down my face. I mentally cursed myself as I swore I would never cry over him again. Quickly wiping them away, I noticed Rose leaning against the doorway.

"Chris?" Was all she asked.

I sighed, nodding slowly. She walked to the bed as wrapped her arms around me. "We left to forget about everything. It's time to forget, Haven. It's over. This is a new start for you. For the both of us."

"It's not that easy. You can't just forget something like that." I stood up from the bed and began unpacking a box. "I don't want to talk about him anymore."

I could physically feel her agitation as she started to help me unpack the several boxes that I have been too lazy to do myself.

"Have you finished your unpacking?" I placed an old picture of my sister and I on my dresser.

"Yeah, finished this morning. You've just been lazy." She laughed.

"Yeah, that's true. I've been too tired. Not just physically, but mentally as well. Do you think that moving down here was the best decision?" I leaned the wall, crossing my arms.

"I wouldn't second guess it. I think that by moving down here, we get a new start. A redo. We no longer have to deal with all of the drama back in Pennsylvania. And who knows, maybe we can find some cute guys down here." Rose nudged me with her elbow. "I'm ready to find me a man."

I laughed, "I guess it would be nice to have someone to hold again." I ran my fingers through my hair. "Let's finish unpacking."

...

7:00 p.m.

My makeup was close to perfect and my hair was a bit of a mess, but I didn't have a problem with it. I stepped in my black velvet pumps and made my way to Rose's room. I knocked on the door, "are you ready yet? This was your idea!"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm coming." I heard her soft voice reply.

Scanning my nails, I leaned against the wall and waited for her to finish primping. She always took the longest time to get ready. Once she came out, we walked to the garage.

"Yours." I told her.

"Of course. It's always my car we take." She muttered, getting into the drivers side.

"It's always you who decides to go out. If it were up to me, I would be watching Lord of the Rings in my pajamas right now." I laughed.
She started the ignition and back out of our driveway. "You are lame."
I brushed off her words and looked through her CDs to find something worth listening to.

"Creed? You listen to them?" I gave her a playful glare.

"Shut up. That was from like junior year." Rose snatched the CD from my hands and launched it out the window. "I've grown up."

"Good choice." I continued rummaged through her CDs for a couple minutes before finally landing on a good one. Saosin's self titled has always been a good CD. As Anthony Green's voice filled the car, Rose and I began to sing along. The songs brought back so many memories of high school. A few songs played through before we reached out destination: Pandemonium.

"Why are we here again?" I asked, getting out of the car.

"Come on. We're here to have some fun. You need to loosen up and have some fun, you little shit."
I sighed, but in all honesty, I was a little excited. I haven't been out like this in a good couple of months. Maybe it was time for a good night out.

We waited in line for over and hour, and after finally getting in, I pulled Rose straight to the bar.

"Strawberry Daiquiri please." I told the bartender. I was determined to make this night great. Rose already had a guy buying her a drink. She's works too fast, I laughed to myself.

"Thanks." I took the first sip and my body formed chill bumps. It's been a while since I've had alcohol. I sat with my back facing the bar, watching the people dance to the world's number one hit, which had a surprisingly good beat. I noticed Rose coming off the dance floor with some guy who was completely unrecognizable. I sipped on my drink as she approached me with a grin on her face.

"Haven, meet Matt." He waved and I gave a little nod. "He used to go college with me. We both kind of dropped out at the same time, but now he's a tour manager." Rose smiled.

"Cool, what band do you manage?" I took a long sip of my drink.

"Palisades. They're newer, so you may not have heard of them. We're under Rise Records." He seemed genuinely friendly. He was cute, too. His hair was a beautiful brown that matched his eyes and he had it combed over to the right. He also had a slight beard growing.

"No, I haven't heard of them, but I do know that Memphis May Fire is under Rise. They're really good." I tried to be as polite as possible.

"Well, Friday there will be a show just a couple of blocks from here at Zydeco if you guys want to come. Memphis May Fire will be there." he smiled.

It sure sounded like fun, I thought.

"Yes! Haven, what'd you say? We haven't been to a concert in ages!" Rose pleaded.

"What other bands will be playing?" I questioned.

"Memphis May Fire is headlining. The supporters are Palisades, I See Stars, While She Sleeps, and Crown The Empire."

"Sounds like a good show."

"Yeah, and since you ladies are so nice, I'll tell the guards to get you in for free. But since I don't manage the headlining band, I don't control backstage passes, so I wont be able to get you those. But hey, it's a free show, and you get the possibility to hang out afterwards."

I thought for a minute before deciding there could be no harm done from going and concerts are always fun. Rose looked at me with begging eyes causing me to laugh.

"Alright, alright. I'm down."

"Yes! Concert fun." Rose said, obviously full of excitement.

"Cool. You ladies want to dance now?" Matt asked with a smirk.

"Sure." I replied, setting my drink down. Rose grabbed my hand, leading me onto the dance floor.

The next three hours were spent with alcohol and dancing and sweating and cigarettes and stumbling, but all in good fun. I grabbed my clutch and headed out the door with Rose after saying our goodbyes to Matt and promising that we'd see him Friday.

"Damn, I haven't seen you have this much fun in years. Or drink that much. I'm surprised you haven't passed out." Rose pulled me to the car. "You need to sleep." She laughed.

"I'm not th-that drunk." I slurred, trying to climb in the car.

"Whatever you say. We are getting to you home, I'm tired." She laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
so it's been two months.....
SORRY GUYS SORRY.
i was finally able to spit this chapter out with a lot of furious thinking and help from @Lost_in_the_Echo. thanks, love.
you guys no longer have to stand monthly waits, i promise!
i hope you guys enjoy this little filler here and i will be updating soon. love you guys!
Savannah~