Love Behind Lies

Chapter 23

Chapter 23

This whole week had gone by fast and I couldn’t believe that it was Friday when I woke up the next morning. The only thing that I was sure of in this moment, was that Nick was gone and he had left a note.

Catherine,
I have stepped out for awhile to get something for you to eat. Please don’t try to leave. I don’t want to have you killed and all the doors are locked anyways. I’ll be back soon.
Love,
Nick

I couldn’t believe it. I was so mad at Nick. Why would he want me? Hopefully, Brent had received my location from the ring and help would be on the way soon. I don’t know how much longer I could listen to Nick.
A few minutes later, there was a knock at the door. I got up and was about to open the door when I remember that it was locked. I stood there and stared at the door and then it opened slowly. I was confused at first, but then Nick’s smiling face popped into view, making me grimace.
“I’m so glad you’re up. I found us some food!” Nick had so much energy.
I just glared at Nick and shut the door he had just come through.
“Why are you so angry? I let you sleep for ten hours.”
My emotions didn’t change. I kept glaring at Nick as he moved around me and set the food down on the coffee table. I followed him with my eyes, making me turn away from the door. He walked back to where I was standing, leaving only inches between us. I could feel his breath on my face.
He slowly wrapped his arms around me, pushing me against the door. One of his hands rested on the back of my head and the other on my lower back. I put my arms between our bodies and pushed as hard as I could. I was not going to kiss Nick.
“Please don’t fight this,” Nick whispered. Then he pulled something from his pocket. It was a small knife and I suddenly felt like I was going to throw up again. My arms froze and my breathing quickened. Nick’s arm on my lower back tightened as the knife came closer to my neck. I could feel the blade on my skin now. “You have a fear of knives, do you not?” Nick’s voice was serious and steady.
“Nick, please. Don’t.” I was begging him, as I could feel my eyes tearing up. I had had way too much contact with knives in the past week.
“Put your arms around me.” Nick’s voice was calm, but demanding and it almost made me trust him. I did as I was told. With my heart racing, I put one arm around his neck and the other stopped at his arm with the knife. I climbed up is arm to his hand, uncurled his fingers from the knife, and made him drop the knife.
The knife hitting the floor sounded like a bowling ball. The room had been so quiet. I moved my arm so both my arms were around Nick’s neck, my breathing returning to normal. Nick leaned in towards me and moments before our lips touched, I brought my leg up and kneed him right between the legs. He groaned and let go of me. I took this opportunity to pick up the knife and hold it in front of me.
Nick looked up and began smiling. “You have learned well,” he paused. “Now, drop the knife and kiss me. Or else I will tie you down and have you killed. Please, Catherine, I really don’t want to hurt you.”
I bent down and slid the knife under the door so that neither of us could reach it. He smiled at me. “Fair enough.”
Then he took another step towards me, put his hands on my back and neck and pulled me towards him. My heart was beating so fast. I didn’t want to kiss Nick; I wanted Sam, the only boy who actually loved me.
Nick didn’t care what I wanted, though. He began to kiss me and the only think I could do was kiss him back. He pushed me towards the couch and I tried to resist him, but he was much taller than me; not to mention how strong he was. Nick basically picked me up and moved me across the room.
This whole time he never stopped kissing me. Occasionally his lips would me down to my neck and then move slowly up towards my lips again, but I could barely feel him. His lips were so soft on my skin and I was trying not to pay attention to what was going on.
I was still struggling against him when he finally stopped kissing me. We were sitting on the couch now and he was hovering over me. We were both breathing hard. “You have got to stop struggling. You aren’t going to get your way, so stop trying.” Nick was furious and his eyes were dark, scaring me.
“Did it ever occur to you that I don’t want to kiss you,” I asked.
“Obviously you don’t, but you will have to learn to like it.”
Nick came at me again, but not before flipping us over so that I was on top of him. He pulled me closer to him and started to move his hands. The one on my neck slowly crept down my arm, over my waist, and rested on my upper thigh. Nick’s touch made me shiver, but I couldn’t let him know that. I tried to move his hand back up to my neck, but he didn’t budge.
The only thing he did in response was squeeze me closer to him. I could barely breathe and now his other hand was on the move. His hand moved to my hip and slowly starting creeping under my shirt.
In an effort to stop Nick from touching me, I moved, only to have him roll over. Now I was on the bottom again and he was pinning me down on the couch.
“Stop fighting me,” he panted. Then his lips locked on mine and his hand moved farther up my shirt.
There was no way I was going to let this happen. Neither Brent nor Sam had done this to me, so there was no way I was going to let Nick do it.
I quickly brought my knee up again and hit Nick in between his legs once again. He snapped up and rolled off the couch. I moved quickly, got off the couch, and ran towards the door. Nick was right behind me when I turned around to see what he was doing.
He grabbed my arms, pinned them up against the door. He came at me one last time, but this time his lips stopped short of mine. “You are going to regret everything you’ve just done. I am done giving you changes. Tomorrow morning, I am going to take you out. By myself.” He let me go and shoved me towards the couch. “You better sleep. Tomorrow is going to be very stressful.
I sat down on the couch and he followed. He pulled me down so that my head was on his lap again and he covered me with a blanket, but by that time I was already sleeping and dreaming about the man I really loved.
When I woke up the next morning I was scared. I didn’t know where I was or who I was lying on, but it didn’t take me long to figure it out. I was in the same room I’d been in for two days and Nick was now shaking me.
“You need to get up, now!” Nick was yelling in my ear. Nothing like a rude awakening to start your weekend.
I sat up and rubbed my eyes, as they were still trying to adjust to the lighting.
“We are leaving this room in an hour.” Nick got up and left the room without saying another word.
I was left, in a quiet room, with nothing else to think about, but my own death.