Love Behind Lies

Epilogue

Epilogue

About a week later, Sam, Margaret and I all went back to school. It was hard to get used to doing again, but the school year was almost over anyway. We hadn’t really missed that much either. Loren and Nate returned to school too. Of course there were rumors about Nick, but they had died down by the time the week was over. We all tried to stop anything from spreading as soon as possible.
Yeah, we were all upset with him, but we had to protect him for later on down the road. We were all done being enemies. We were friends now and I got to say, I love it. When you really take time to take a step back, these guys are actually pretty amazing.
Brent and I still talk every day. He’s my best friend and I love our relationship. When we are alone we always have something to talk about and I can even tell that Brent is trying to get along with Sam, for me especially. Deep down, I know that Brent still loves me and there’s a small part of me that loves him back, but it just wouldn’t work out. I am still disappointed in him, but he knows that, and he’s still trying to make up for it.
Sam and Brent have taught me so much since I grew closer to them and I love them both, but differently. Brent and I have learned from our experiences but we still hang out sometimes and Sam is okay with that.
Margaret and Nate are now dating. I guess that walk home the other day was a success for both parties. They are literally always together and it makes me really happy to see my sister happy. Sometimes Sam and I hang out with them and I always have a great time. I think that Nate brings out the best in Margaret and I really haven’t seen that side of her in a while. So I am glad that she found someone she can really trust.
My dad is now safe and sounds. He has a new job in the business that keeps him at home all the time now. I know he loves it but I can tell it’s an adjustment. I can tell he gets bored with us sometimes because he barely has to leave the house.
After he got back to the Unites States, he quit his job, but still stayed with the ASO. He just picked up a simpler job that’s safer for him and our family. Nick’s dad is now back at the ASO, taking my dad’s old spot and I think that everything is good between them, for the most part. Nick’s dad got enough money to move his family back into the house they once had, which makes everyone happy. Nick even got released from jail early.
My three brothers are closer to me than ever before. Will is doing just fine. I think he decided he liked being single since Margaret and I always complain if we are ever in an argument with our boyfriends. So I find that amusing, but I think he is learning tips from us too. My twin brothers are more annoying than ever because they constantly find something to bother me about, especially when it comes to Sam.
My mom has decided to come out of retirement, although she wasn’t fully retired to begin with. She now has shifts at the office almost every day and I know she loves it. All the kids can tell how much happier she’s been since she started working full time again.
Everything is pretty much back to normal now. Sam is like another kid in our house because he is over all the time, so I guess it’s a good thing everyone likes him. I am so happy with him and I know my family can tell. There’s been no trouble lately, except for the occasional disagreement with Sam, but that’s a given.
Overall, even know the past few weeks have been incredibly hectic and dangerous, I think that my family has changed for the better. I almost want to thank Nick and his dad. Because of them, I found the love of my life, my family grew closer, and I’ve learned a few valuable life lessons, and I’m thankful for that.