Status: not done

The Sun Is Close

Walking outside on a normal day of 230 degree weather I almost forgot to wear sunglasses. Although I feel I’ve been inside too long and, I figured I may as well get my eyes used to the red sun. I look upon the roses, and as I do a petal falls off. In an odd turn of events, the petal sprouted wings and flew off. Upon further inspection I see its not a petal, but a bee its getting hard to differentiate objects now that everything is pale.
It’s not natural for the world to be albino, but our world leaders all preach that this would relieve some heat during our end of time cascade into the sun.
The very thing that has kept us alive and merry will eventually eat our brown planet whole. Disintegrating every atom and using what’s left as fuel to try and get the rest of the surviving solar system even faster. Just as it did to mercury and what its 50 years from doing that very thing to Venus, and approximately 108 years to cooking all of us and all that we’ve made. Although one thing we have made huge leaps in science accelerating the aging process by making days equivalent to years. Making kids reach sexual maturity within 13 to 15 days these people wish to prevent their immanent destruction, or at least for their children. Scientists are Making the creations more, and more resistant to the heat. Heat that isn’t even achievable on earth, instead only temperature that is possible on the sun. These super humans are not only super in their resistant to heat, but also breath capacity, brain power, and muscle capacity. The only down side is that they only live for about 7 to 8 weeks.
although it’s much worth it our race will survive, for how long it’s unknown . After the earth go its mars next. There are already colonies on the planet full of super humans and some regular people. They are scrambling to get their feet firmly in the ground before mars is consumed too, but that is in 240 years. Even still the panic is there and alive, for the nearest planet that is habitable is millions of miles away. Uranus the planet used to be cold and void of moisture, or so we thought. The planet is practically another earth, just very very wet!
With all these programs and fights to save humanity, there are some here that have considered all to be a joke. Not of Corse the earth plummeting into the sun, but life itself. Most regular humans and quite a lump some of the super humans are joining together for a huge war. A war to literally end all wars. The motto is “If the enemy doesn’t get us the sun will!” so no one is really taking life seriously, instead just throwing it away. The will to live has gone down so far, people have chosen to kill themselves by the millions. Stating that this war kills far more than people. This war is destroying nothing in my opinion, we’re all doomed anyways may as well go out with a bang. The weapons are that scale of science fiction. Literal killing machines running rampant pulling men in and spitting out bones and bloody messes. The only people able to really stand a chance are these freaks of science we’ve just labeled as super human. And the only ones able to fight those are other freaks. This super human war may go on till after we go into the sun. I’m really glad I’m a regular, and don’t have to get drafted.
This morning I woke up to the sound of construction outside of my house. I get ready for the day, and decide to go out for some groceries. The second I open the door I’m met by a man that was startled by me opening a door. He was holding a letter in hand read “urgent” in broad red letters. “Greg Sanders in The residents sir?” “that’s me, what is it? The man looks at me with a crazy look in his eye “you have been drafted for the American war son!” angrily and confused I respond “ ..and what if I refuse to go to war?!” with a sick grin he responds, “then you’re worthless and I shoot you here and now”. At that point the choice was obvious, I was about to join the war.
The next day I decided to start packing not sure what I could bring with me, but decided they’d let me keep a lump some. I packed my coat my father gave me at my graduation ceremony it was an odd gift when I received it, but became sentimental after he died some picture of my now deceased fiancé Shela she was literally one in a billion. Not only cause she was one of the only people that kept a white complexion through the years of our race becoming a fully black one, But cause she was the closest I’ve ever gotten to another person. In her short time here she’s taught me more than my parents ever did. According to her… the feeling was mutual. She never was the poetic type.

6 days followed, 6 haunting days of…”what ifs” and “what will happens”. Those thoughts got more franticly paranoid as I saw images of the war already roaring all over the world. Europe, of course, was war torn already, The middle east was riddled with more body parts then ever, Africa was raging war in any way possible using endangered animals as war horses, and cheetahs as suicide bombers. Oh the images of Russia was just a horde of drunken men flailing out of hiding yielding bottles of liquor and ak-47’s. the whole world has gone mad. This was all in regularly scheduled programing, watching world war has become entertainment, and the people are loving it. My god I wish I would of signed up to be a colonist of the new world.
Finally the week of waiting was over Finally the week of waiting was over September 13, 4204. I was picked up in a bus the same color as everything else In this white world. Was asked to sign a paper at gun point. It was then I noticed the smell of burning before I knew it I was stripped of all my belongings . and pushed on to the bus before they took all my stuff to the foot of my door to set my house on fire. I sat next to my neighbor Ryan who had become hysterical after watching his wife and child executed. I was about to say something until a tall man stood at the front of the bus. He glowed like all the super humans did, wearing all black and a symbol on his right cheast area of his jacket. I had never seen such a symbol it was a grey triangle with a red background, inside the triangle was a purple circle split by 3 lines that meet in the middle. The two resulting spaces above the one on the bottom were significantly larger than the odd one out . Terrifyingly he scanned the bus and said with the same cynical smile and crazy look the recruiter gave me “gentleman….welcome… welcome to the machine” he sat down without saying anything else. The bus sat in silence, if someone managed to sneak in a pin needle I was sure you’d be able to hear it drop. The road to the “open” base was long and dull. The only amount of stimulation we’d get is the crushing sense of lost hope as we begin to see more , and more buses Filled with more men, that had the exact same look as we did.
We arrived at the camp, the obstacle course set up was said to be 15 miles long, and by the end of this month we’d either all make it, or get killed trying to quit. We were all given equipment , and readied for drilling and training in the morning.
The morning of getting to the camp I was awoken from my 2 by 6 bunk to sound of men screaming, and the clang of metal. I get up right away and am not very surprised to see the same man in all black throwing bunk beds, and men as if they were mere child’s play. After he had his bit of tormenting out of the way he got right down to telling us our basics “ you have all been given your gear check inside if you haven’t.” we all fidgeted to grab our bags as we unzipped we feared what may have been. Inside was an m-20 assault rifle with a ballonet attachment . “before you….” He was interrupted by Ryan, my neighbor from before. It turned out he was a very experienced rifleman, I did not even know this until he was at full charge towards the super human. He shot a full clip into the monster but to no good. The super human stood as tall as always. Ryan reloaded and without thinking for not another moment longer than he took to try to take out our new drill sergeant took his own life. “anybody else want to take a shot?” nobody dared move. “Right well let’s get you grubs some breakfast”
He leads us one behind the other single file line into our mess hall, it looked new and well thought out, sparkling clean with a very slightest hint militarism the food looked fit for a king, I was ever so happy I haven’t eaten a good meal in years, the life of a bachelor ain’t all it’s set out to be. He laughed and said “yes this is our mess hall! But ya’lls eating area is around the back” he lead is to a logged cabin with gub set I a pot deeper than any of us were tall food was served with a lattle and spoon it looked horrible, but it is what we had. We ate the grey slop fed to us. After breakfast we were taken outside and all of a sudden our drill sergeant became very liberal and nice. We all were confused but did not question. We did push- ups, sit ups and ran 6 miles. It’s a long trail through a nearby forest about 3 miles long all the way around. We followed this routine for 3 months no lunch or dinner just the same delicious breakfast every morning.
They eventually stop giving us the glop we’ve come to love with an undying passion. It was that day our sergeant was again a mercelous being. i couldnt wait till the pills he took to prolong his life wore out and his superhuman life would finally come to an end!
just as i had that thought. our tormentor coughed up blood and said "oh no..."' he began to grow theses welts at an alarming rate these gre into what looked like tumors.
  1. chapter 2
    description of what Greg is thinking