Status: not done

The Sun Is Close

chapter 2

The residents sir?” “that’s me, what is it? The man looks at me with a crazy look in his eye “you have been drafted for the American war son!” angrily and confused I respond “ ..and what if I refuse to go to war?!” with a sick grin he responds, “then you’re worthless and I shoot you here and now”. At that point the choice was obvious, I was about to join the war.
The next day I decided to start packing not sure what I could bring with me, but decided they’d let me keep a lump some. I packed my coat my father gave me at my graduation ceremony it was an odd gift when I received it, but became sentimental after he died some picture of my now deceased fiancé Shela she was literally one in a billion. Not only cause she was one of the only people that kept a white complexion through the years of our race becoming a fully black one, But cause she was the closest I’ve ever gotten to another person. In her short time here she’s taught me more than my parents ever did. According to her… the feeling was mutual. She never was the poetic type.
6 days followed, 6 haunting days of…”what ifs” and “what will happens”. Those thoughts got more frantically paranoid as I saw images of the war already roaring all over the world. Europe, of course, was war torn already, The middle east was riddled with more body parts then ever, Africa was raging war in any way possible using endangered animals as war horses, and cheetahs as suicide bombers. Oh the images of Russia was just a horde of drunken men flailing out of hiding yielding bottles of liquor and AK-47’s. the whole world has gone mad. This was all in regularly scheduled programming, watching world war has become entertainment, and the people are loving it. My god I wish I would of signed up to be a colonist of the new world.
Finally the week of waiting was over September 13, 4204. I was picked up in a bus the same color as everything else In this white world. Was asked to sign a paper at gun point. It was then I noticed the smell of burning before I knew it I was stripped of all my belongings . and pushed on to the bus before they took all my stuff to the foot of my door to set my house on fire. I sat next to my neighbor Ryan who had become hysterical after watching his wife and child executed. I was about to say something until a tall man stood in front of all of us. He glowed like all the super humans did. He scanned the buss and said “gentleman, welcome, welcome to the machine” he sat down without saying anything else. The buss sat in silence, if someone managed to sneak in a pin needle I was sure you’d be able to hear it drop.
We got to the camp, the obstacle course set up was said to be 15 miles long, and by the end of this month we’d either all make it or get killed trying to quit. We were all given equipment , and readied for drilling and training in the morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is the second page of what is still to come