Status: COMPLETED!!

The Only Thing I Ask

Chapter 11 - Your Favorite Song

Michelle smiled to see that their new album, ‘City of Evil’ finally in stores. She picked one up, and read the songlist at the back. Seize The Day, her favorite song from them, was there. She decided to buy it.

When she was at the counter, her phone rang.
“Hello?”
“Hello? Miss Skylar?”
“Yes, speaking. Who is this?”
“This is James Brown, Hellwin’s Executive-”
“-Manager! You’re my boss! Hi.”
“Uh, hi. Listen. Next week, Hellwin’s going to send representatives to Madison Square Garden, for a big ass concert to kick off the band’s Asia Tour.”
“The band? Which band?”
“Which else are we sponsoring? Avenged Sevenfold of course.”
Michelle gasped. But why was he telling her all these?
“And we want to send you. So if you coud stop by the HQ today, we can discuss further.”
Why would SHE, the nobody that worked in just a small town music store has been picked as the representative for Hellwin-whatever that is? She doesn’t even like to attend concerts!
Then she figured it out.
Who else likes to show off his power and fame? Who else likes to annoy her in any way that he can?

************************************************************************

“Oh I am so jealous of you!”
Michelle stopped packing, looked at her sister in disbelief.
“You’re kidding me. You’re M. Shadows’ fucking girlfriend. He didn’t give you free tickets or something?”
Valerie sat on her sister’s bed, leaning against the headboard.
“He did! I just have to work that day.”
Michelle continued packing. She’d almost forgot to hide her newly bought City of Evil CD and when Valerie wasn’t looking she snuck it into her backpack.
“How long will you be with them?”
“I don’t know. Until the fucking concert ends, then I’m outta there.”
“You’ll be staying in their bus?”
“I hope not. I’m not touring with them. I’m just a representative. Doing some inventory shit I didn’t even know how.”
“It’ll be fun! Their bus is hugee~!”
“Wow, you went there a lot?” Michelle asked sarcastically.
Valerie flushed. Michelle knew she’d been a groupie before, when she first met Matthew.
“Don’t fight with Syn. It’ll distract him.”
Michelle finally done packing. Oh he will be distracted. Michelle promised to herself.

“AVENGED! SEVENFOLD! AVENGED! SEVENFOLD!”

The crowd was cheering. Michelle couldn’t believe her eyes to see so many human beings, being carried on the shoulder, so many hands in the air, so much screaming. It was her first time being in a live concert. Being a fan of British rock bands, she never did attend their concerts. She thought that only streaming them online should be enough. Boy she was wrong.

The energy from the crowd was unbelievable. No wonder they love to perform live. Michelle didn’t get to see the band before their concert. The only time she met them was when they were doing the soundcheck earlier. Even so, they had no time to talk to her at all. Except for Jimmy. He was always sweet to her.

“You’re nervous?” he asked.
“ME? You’re the one who should be nervous, Jimmy.”
Jimmy chuckled. Pushing off the rim of his glasses, he smiled silly.
“You’re right. I’m nervous now. Hmm. That’s weird. I wasn’t before, I swear.”
“Maybe you’re nervous because of me?”
“My God you’re right! I better stay away from you then! Ha-ha!” after that Jimmy ran back to his drum set.
Michelle couldn’t help but laughing whenever she was with Jimmy. He’d always made her laugh.

“Michelle! Are the amps ready?”
Michelle came back to earth. Dwight, the concert manager approached her from behind at the backstage.
“Yes. They’ve soundchecked it at 5 pm today.”
“Good, stay here. Entertain Gates. Cater to his needs, okay?”
Michelle frowned at him as he walked away, rushing somewhere else.
“Entertain him? Cater to his needs? What the…”

“WHAT’S UP NEW YORK!!!”

Matthew’s voice soared through the speakers, made Michelle jumped a little. She quickly runs to the side stage area and stand by the big Hellwin amplifiers.

They started off with a song called ‘Second Heartbeat’ and Michelle thought that it was awesome. All of them were awesome. She became a fan instantly. Especially to Synyster Gates. All of her anger towards him disappeared when she saw him play so beautifully on stage. And Matthew’s singing, wow! Of course she’d heard him sing before but on stage, he was a monster. He was no longer the busy-body asshole that tried to interfere in her love life. He was just such a badass. They really lived up to their name.

After their ninth song, Brian announced on the microphone that he needed a break. He needed to drink some water or something. So it’s time for Zacky to show off, together with Jimmy to do their solos together. Zacky said something like. “Don’t leave me here with them Syn! I can’t live without youu!” and the crowd just laughed.

Michelle was also laughing from her spot behind the amplifier. Tired of standing, she found a steel chair to sat on. There wasn’t actually any work for her to do, just checking off the amplifier for Synyster Gates once in while.

“No books this time?”

She stood up abruptly when she heard that voice. Brian was standing behind her, sweaty, striped Schecter still on his shoulder, wearing the sincerest smile Michelle had ever seen. His eyes soften as they locked with hers.

“Bout time you talk to me huh? I thought we were friends. At least friend to argue with.”
Brian smiled, pushing the guitar to his back and walked slowly towards her.
“Do you want some water?” she asked.
He stopped halfway. “Relax. You’re not my assistant.”
“Then enlighten me Brian, what the hell am I doing here? Why did you call my boss and asked him to send me here?”

Brian started walking towards her again. All in slow agonizing steps, rising her heart rate more and more. By the time he stood exactly in front of her, towering over, her breath quickened. He stared deeply into her eyes, searching for something. A trust. Her lips parted as she glanced at his sculptured face, and finally his sculptured lips. His body is truly a work of art.

The spot where they were standing right now was away from anybody’s view. They were blocked by boxes of amplifiers and guitar cases. The background noise was so loud of Zacky’s guitar solo and Matthew was mocking them.

Brian raised his left hand to touch the end of her soft curls. She surprisingly didn’t fight.

“You wanna know why you’re here?” he said casually, while playing with strings of her hair.
“Yes.” She whispered, unintentionally, but Brian could hear it over the noise.
“So I can do this.”

He took her face in his hands and brought her closer. Their lips finally touched, and he softly bit her lower lip, something that he’d been dying to do. She opened her mouth to protest, but Brian took it as permission granted. He inhaled her scent, and when their tongues met there it was. The electricity. Shocks were all over her body and shivers were sent down her spine. She was done fighting it. She liked this man. Hell, she was actually in love with him. Michelle buried her hands in his hair as he pulled her hips closer to meet his groin. Something in there was growing. Michelle felt it.

Is this what you call a distraction, Val?

That thought crossed her mind suddenly. Brian parted away, but his hand still on her hips. While Michelle still had her hands buried in his spiky hair.

Brian smiled. His black-eyelinered brown eyes glinting with soft expression.
“We probably shouldn’t tell Matt or Val.” He suggested.
“Good idea.”

Funny they had the same issue over someone interfering with their love life. They both wanted it to fall in a natural way, not through some set up plan.

“And we probably would fight again.” said Michelle. Brian gave off a smirk, but right now, that smirk made her knees weak.
“And after we fight we would make out behind the door. Nobody will see us.”
She chuckled and gave him a sceptical look.
“You’re enjoying this, Haner.”
“I do.” Then he kissed her again, this time hungrier. Like he wasn’t going to let go.
“You have a concert to do.” She was high on his kisses, but she didn’t forget where they stand.
Brian finally let go of his embrace. Straightened up his guitar, fixing up his hair. He winked and walked off to the center stage.

“YO SYN! YOU FUCKING DIE OR SOMETHING BACK THERE?” Matthew’s voice sounded really loud when you’re standing next to a speaker. It took Synyster Gates a fucking 10 minutes just to get some water! Nobody knows what really happen. Except for him and Michelle.
“I DIED AND CAME BACK.” Brian casually replied using his own microphone.
Michelle felt her cheeks flushed. She couldn’t stop smiling.
“WHATEVER DUDE. NEW YORK READY FOR THE CITY OF EVIL?!”
The crowd cheered. They seem to cheer on everything on stage.
“THIS SONG IS FROM OUR NEWEST ALBUM, CITY OF EVIL. OUT IN THE STORES NEAR YOU, RIGHT MOTHERFUCKING NOW. GO BUY IT, GO STEAL IT. I DON’T FUCKING CARE. AS LONG AS YOU LISTEN TO IT ALRIGHT?!”
They cheered again.
“SEIZE THE DAY, YOUR FAVORITE SONG.”

Brian announcing through the microphone suddenly. Michelle heard it, and her jaw dropped. How did he know? Then Brian started playing, but Matthew didn’t go along with it. Leaving him and the band to stop abruptly.

“HOLD UP, HOLD UP. WHOSE FAVORITE SONG?”
“NOTHING MAN. THEIR FAVORITE SONG. THESE BEAUTIFUL GUYS AND GALS. IT WILL BE.”
“FUCK YEAH SYN!”

Then they were really playing the song. On the inside, Brian cursed himself. He’d almost spilled the bean. But he hoped Michelle heard it back there, and know that the song was dedicated to her tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: there you go, guys! tell me what you think! :)