Status: COMPLETED!!

The Only Thing I Ask

Chapter 29 - House Key and On Your Knee

Matthew and the guys were already there. This is the first time they will show off affection in front of them officially. Brian tightened the grip on her hand, smiling his amazing smile at her. She smiled back. They walked towards them in the boarding hall, hand in hand and Michelle saw her twin stood beside Matthew, hands across her chest.

“Bout time you got here, Syn! What took you guys so long?” Jimmy frowned at them. Probably a little bit annoyed for having to drive Michelle’s car all the way to the airport because of yesterday’s event.

“Michelle!!” Valerie jumped and hugged her tightly, ignoring the facts that she was holding hands with Brian. He let go of her hand to put down his luggage on the floor.

“Oh my God, I really missed you. The house felt empty when you were gone.”
“Uh, you were barely there. You hang out at Matt’s all the time.”
Valerie smiled shyly. That was quite true. She spent most of her time at Matt’s place.
“So I take it you already forgive him?” she pointed to Brian who was now engaged in a conversation with the band and their tour manager.
“He didn’t do anything wrong. I just assumed…well, let’s not talk about that again, okay? How are you? You look unhappy.”

Valerie sighed. “It’s Matt. I swear to God, I think he’s ignoring me. From the moment we went out of the house until right now, he hasn’t spoken to me. Not once. What’s going on?”

Michelle raised her eyebrows at her. Valerie probably just worry her ass off too much. Everything seemed normal to her.

“Have you tried talking to him?”
Valerie ran her hands through her hair. “I don’t wanna agitate him.”
“Come on, he’s the nicest guy I’ve known. Sure he’s nosy and likes to meddle in people’s stuff but he won’t bite. Just ask him what the fuck is his problem ignoring you and-heyy Brian!”

Michelle’s preach was cut off midway when Brian walked over to them and snaked his hand around her waist.

“Wow, now that I’ve seen you guys together, it’s a bit weird.” Valerie’s eyes widened watching their public affection.
Brian smirked. “Aren’t you the one who insists that we’re together? Well, here we are. Going to make out in front of you, in 3, 2-”

Then Brian caught Michelle’s mouth and kissed her passionately. He rested both of his hands on her jaw and brought her closer.
“Jeez, get a room!” Valerie moved herself away from them and saw Zacky talking to a girl.

She’d never seen that girl before, but by looking at her appearance and a camera hung on her shoulder she guessed that the girl is Zacky’s girlfriend, the journalist.

Without knowing she walked over to them.
“What’s up, Val? Why do you look so upset?”
Valerie stunned in her steps. Is it obvious that I’m mad at Matthew? She asked herself.
“Me, upset? Pfft. No!”
Zacky shrugged. “Anyway, this is Tona, my girlfriend.” His face went red by saying this. Valerie smiled and shook Tona’s hand. They looked so adorable together.
“Hi, I’m Valerie. A friend of them.”
“Hi, I’m Tona. I heard you’re dating M.Shadows?”
Valerie laughed nervously. She glanced at Matthew for a while. He was still immersed in a conversation with the manager with Johnny and Jimmy by his side.
“Are you going to put that in your magazine?”
Tona smiled, she occasionally glanced at Zacky who hadn’t kept his eyes off her.
“Well, I don’t need to. You’re an internet sensation right now. Their fans already know who you are.”

Valerie smiled politely and let out a big sigh. Soon after, the manager suddenly clapped his hands, giving a heads up to announce something.

“Ok listen up guys, this is your first Europe tour. We gonna hit Berlin first. It’s gonna be a pretty massive crowd there. Around 5 thousand kids, but believe me you don’t wanna get drunk on stage. Gates, I’m saying this to you.”

Brian raised his eyebrows and nodded in agreement.

“But I won’t stop you for a couple of beers on stage but nothing too strong okay? And one more thing, we welcome Miss Tona from Kerrang! Magazine here to follow us together, and cover the story of our first Europe tour.”

They mildly applause and welcomed Tona. She smiled at each of them trying not to be starstruck.

Valerie envied her. She was dating Zacky for merely a week and she get to follow them on tour? Not fair. She thought.

I wish I wasn’t a fucking nurse.

After a few of announcement for the band, and the boarding call from the airlines they finally wrapped arms around each other, saying goodbyes.

“Goodbye Michelle, see you in half a year.”
“Bye Johnny, stay sober okay? Don’t get too hammered. You’re weird when you drunk.”
“I am? Well, luckily I don’t get to see that.”
Michelle laughed. Then she hugged Zacky and his girlfriend goodbye. Then came Jimmy.

She almost broke in tears, but she managed to held it in.
“You car is safe, so is your friend. Don’t worry I didn’t do anything to her.”
She smiled weakly at Jimmy. “I kinda hope you did.”
“You do? Why? Did she say something about me?”
“No, but I think you like her…”
Jimmy’s face flushed. He rubbed his neck and his fingers mindlessly fiddled with his glaasses.
“You do like her, don’t you Jimmy?”
She slapped his shoulder and he flinched.
“Ow, it fucking hurts, woman!”
“I don’t care, hug me now, Jim.”
Jimmy pulled her into a hug and she cried in his chest. She can’t take it any longer.
“Hey, why are you crying?” he rubbed the back of her head slowly. “I’m gonna be back in 6 months. Don’t cry, Michelle.”

Michelle tightened her hug and sobbed even harder. “Take care of yourself, Jimmy. I love you.”
“I love you too, Michelle. But-as a friend of course.” Jimmy glared at Brian who was standing behind her, waiting for his turn. When Michelle looked like she wasn’t going to let go, Brian joined in their hug. The three of them hugged long with Michelle in the middle, crying.

“There, there baby. It’s only 6 months. Don’t cry please?”
Jimmy was taken aback by Brian sweet and slow voice towards Michelle. He felt like he was talking to him because he was facing him.
“Euw Brian, don’t go all gay on me now!”
Brian let go of their threesome hug and so did Jimmy.
“I was talking to her, you asshole.”

Michelle laughed and wiped her tears away. Brian stood in front of her, his hands on her cheeks, wiping off the tears for her.
“When I’m away, I want you to take care of Pinkly, okay?”
“But-I forgot to take her. She’s still at your house.”
Brian reached for her hand and raised out her palm. He put something in there. A key.
Michelle looked down to the key. He fucking gave me the key to his house!
“You gave me your house key?”
“That is actually your copy. Feel free to come over anytime. You can stay there if you want.”
Michelle couldn’t restrain her feeling anymore. She pulled him into a hard kiss and he accepted it happily.
“I love you. Come back soon.”
“I love you too. Wait for me okay?”
She nodded. He reluctantly let go of her hand and eventually went in with the rest of the band.

Meanwhile, Valerie and Matt stood in front of each other, not saying anything.
“So, this is it then.” Valerie started. Matthew took off his aviator and smiled.
“This is it. We’re finally going to Europe, Val.”
Valerie smiled bitterly.
“Is there something wrong, Matt? Something I did that pissed you off?”
Matthew blinked at her. “Woah, where did that come from?”

Valerie shrugged and looked around. Everybody was busy saying goodbye to Michelle mostly, and some family members that she didn’t recognize. Only Matthew and her didn’t hug warmly, it’s like the first time they met. Matthew’s hands moving awkwardly, he didn’t show any signs that he was about to kiss her goodbye.

“I dunno, you seem cold to me today.”
“I do? I didn’t realize it, I’m sorry. I’m too busy thinking about this tour. It’s exciting!”
He smiled sincerely, and how could Valerie not fall for that smile. She smiled too, eventually.
“Nevermind, forget what I said. Just hug me goodbye then.”
Matthew didn’t move. He just stood there, watching her.
“Not even a hug? Whatever Matt.”
Valerie just gave up. She turned on her heels and started to walk away, towards Michelle.

“Valerie.” Matthew called from behind her. She stopped walking, but didn’t turn around. She knew if she turned, she will burst into tears. Having to send her boyfriend away for 6 months and who knows what will happen on the road? He might found a new girl, and forget about her completely.

But then she heard Michelle gasped. So loudly that she even cupped her mouth. Valerie frowned at her and turned around.

She gasped too. Matthew was on his knee, his head looking up to her. He held out his palm, and Valerie could see a small box inside it. Her tears started to form behind her eyes, slowly running down her cheeks.

“Will you be my wife, for the rest of my life?”

She cupped her mouth when her heart stopped beating for a second. Matthew opened up the box and it revealed a beautiful white gold diamond ring in it.
Valerie ran towards him.

“Of course Matthew, I will! I always will!”

The people around them, regardless strangers or not, gave them a big round of applause, with the band shouting for him. Then in one swift move Matthew lifted her up and swung her in his arms. His grin so wide that it could touch his ears.

When he finally put her down on the floor, he slid the ring to her finger and kissed her hard. He’d been dying to do that, but he was too nervous today.

“I love you, Valerie. Always remember that.” He whispered.
Valerie couldn’t even expressed her happiness because it was too much. She was disturbed and sad at first but they were completely gone now.

“I have to go. But, rest assure Future Mrs Sanders, I will be back for you.”

Matthew kissed her again after saying his one last sentence to Valerie. Then he waved goodbye until they were actually gone behind the walls of departure hall.

Valerie looked at Michelle. They smiled in glee as they hugged each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)