Juniper

Friday 13

It’s the anniversary of the death of my parents. My therapist says that my brother and I should go visit their graves.

The local cemetery didn’t accept our parents but a nice cremator helped us out. I tossed the ashes at a beach. From what I knew about my parents, I knew they had a thing for beaches. My mother was always dramatic and my dad never liked beaches. So I thought they wouldn’t mind that I threw them in the ocean, their ashes must have dirtied the water more than any pollution made by man.

Jamie and I never liked our parents. Around 2 years ago, the foster family that had taken me in since I was 5, kicked me out when I found out who my parents were. I was a little confused on what to do with my life. On the third day of being homeless, a social worker found me. She told me my parents died a week before and that I am a big sister. Both of what she said surprised me. I thought my parents were inside comfortable jails that were never broken in. The case worker said it was a large group of civilians that attacked my parents. Secondly, I always thought of myself as an only child. It felt weird to look over someone and it still does.

Jamie is a short kid and he looks like anybody can make him cry. For a year and a half, I trained his body for harsh punishments. He doesn’t cry over a bunch or a slight bruise. He still gets emotionally hurt. His mentality isn’t strong, so I always have to give him a boost of confidence. Other than that, he’s fine. I’m living a satisfying life with my brother.

There is no use going to the beach that the ashes polluted. I’d rather not celebrate, but my therapist said so. And if I ever ignore my therapist, I’ll be executed. Therapists are awful. That is why they have two words combined that mean 'the rapist'.

Jamie actually respected my parents. They were very skilled on what they did. I don’t expect to find a sense of an emotional breakdown, but Jamie can. To lessen that probability, I let him choose the place where we will spend for the anniversary. He chose the place where our parents died.

It’s a little ironic. My mom and dad loved gold. They felt that pure gold was the essence of power. When they escaped out of jail, they decided to go to the most infamous mine in America. The abandoned gold mine is known for the tragic end of millions of teenagers. The last battle of the Tension started as a surprise attack. Several teenagers were slaughtered by their own parents when they were out looking for gold. People say it’s the last patch in the country that still contains Tension. It would have been a perfect tourist attraction, except that only a few can barely go near it without tearing each other apart. A dark aura covers the mine with a thick fog. I wouldn’t recommend going near it.