The Elf and Her Tale.

A Bag Of Fairy Dust

Mirima was in her bed chambers. She admired the white, slim wedding dress that fit comfortably on her body. It was sleeveless, and had floral print lace on the front and back of the upper body. She lifted the dress up and smiled as she glanced at the white shoes, she couldn't believe that this was actually happening. This was going to be the happiest day of her life.

"Mirima, it is time."

The young elf girl took one last look at herself in the mirror before walking gracefully out of the door, the maid closing the door behind her. Mirima smiled as the maid begun to slip the red rose into her curled, brown hair.

"You look beautiful."

Mirima couldn't hold in her smile, she looked down, hiding the slight flush of her cheeks. When it had vanished, Mirima began to walk out of the grounds, and into the city of Rivendell.

*****

"Erestor, calm down."

Erestor was wearing his dark blue tunic, lined with silver. Today, it was Elrond who was acting like his adviser. However, Erestor couldn't keep calm. What if Mirima got cold feet and left him there and then? Just thinking about it, the palms of his hands begun to get sweaty. Elrond noticed that he was nervous, and placed his hand on his shoulder.

"She'll be here. Don't worry, or she will leave if she is to see you in this state." He joked,

Erestor cracked a smile. He inhaled deeply then exhaled, he wiped his hands down on his tunic. The elves of Rivendell were all invited to this celebration, at the minute, they were all seated and whispering quietly to each other. That was until Mirima appeared.

Erestor was staring at the floor, when Elrond tapped his shoulder that's when he saw his love. He smiled at his beautiful fiance, who was to be wife in only a few short minutes.

Everyone gasped as they lay eyes on the elven girl, she was wearing the most beautiful dress ever to be created. Her smile was brighter than the sun, her delicate fingers gently grasped Erestor's tunic sleeve as she came to stand in front of him.

"You look terrible, Melamin."

Erestor smiled, his heart swell up with happiness and pride to be marrying the girl who he loved with all of his heart. Mirima looked towards her mother and father, they smiled proudly. Her mother dabbed at the tears coming from her eyes, her father putting an arm around her.

After speaking the promises to each other, they exchanged gold rings. Mirima's mother and Erestor's father came forward with jewels on chains, her mother placed the chain around Erestor's neck, while his father did the same with Mirima.

******

"Today was the best ever."

Erestor turns towards his now wedded wife, he was in bed waiting for her to get ready. Mirima seemed to be stalling, he thought that maybe she was teasing him.

"Melamin, it is time for our union."

Mirima stopped what she was doing, and just stared at the wall. Her shoulders seemed to tense up, Erestor watched in concern for his wife.

"What is wrong, A'maelamin? Are you nervous?"

Mirima shook her head and turned towards Erestor, her eyes were filled with tears. Erestor tried to get out of the bed to comfort her, but she held up her hand, causing him to lay back in bed.

"I am not ready, Erestor."

Erestor's mouth was wide open. This caused Mirima to loose her temper a bit with him,

"Stop gorming at me! What is wrong with you? Love isn't just all about sex, you know!"

"Mirima-"

"I think I better sleep in a separate room tonight."

Erestor watched as Mirima closed the door behind her, he lay in bed wondering what he did to upset her. Was he rushing things? He blew out the candle and went to sleep.