The Elf and Her Tale.

Off A Rainbow

At Lunch, everyone was laughing and joking, all apart from Mirima. She was playing with the food on her plate, she didn't feel like eating at all. Elrond looked at her with sympathy in his eyes, Erestor, who was seated beside him, also felt pity for the young elf girl.

"Mirima, could you tell me what exactly happened to you in your past, if at all possible?"

Mirima frowned, she didn't want to talk about it. She stood and asked to be excused, before making her way back to the bed chambers. Erestor then followed, though hesitated at first. When he opened the door, he saw his young wife crying with her head in a pillow. He sat beside her and stroked her hair, comforting her.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

Mirima sniffed, did she really have to tell him what went on in those short years? They was the worst years of her life, and as soon as she got back on track, her husband had to ask her about it and make her feel awful!

"What do you not understand when I say that I don't want to talk about it?"

Erestor ignored her harsh tone of voice, he understood how she felt. If only she would tell him, it would make it easier for him to help her.

"If you do not tell me, then how can I help you, my love?"

Mirima lay her head on his shoulder, a tear caressed her cheek and hit his tunic covered shoulder. He gently lifted her head up and wiped the tears from her eyes, he pecked her lips.

"Please. Just tell me, love."

Mirima sighed deeply, well this was it now. She had to tell him about it.

"My past...I had a tough time. Before I met you, I was in love with another elf. At the time, he seemed like the right person to marry, you know. Then...I don't know where it went wrong, but one day after he engaged me, he left me for another girl."

Erestor wrapped his arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to him. He loved her, he really did. He gently kissed her hair and nuzzled his cheek on her head, Mirima, being shown such affection, felt comforted in a way. How she didn't want this to happen, she was scared in-case Erestor broke his promise and left her for another she-elf. She didn't want that to happen, she would surely waste away if it was to occur. She let it get to her head too much, now she had a very heavy price to pay. One that she could not handle herself, one that she needed help and support with.