Status: Active

Silent Snow

Cabin Presurre

When I returned to the cabin I was flushed from Erich’s kiss. I wonder if my sister has ever experienced anything so wonderful before. Has she too felt the lips of another pressed gently against hers’? I must not tell her, it is such an unlady like thing that occurred. To be kissed before one is given in marriage. He is not even promised to me in marriage at all. Yet, when he told me that he wishes me to rule by his side, I could picture nothing that could make me happier. My heart once again starts to race from his words, the prince chooses me to be his bride. He desires me to be his Queen. A sudden thought grips me, what if he confuses my sister and I, giving her his love instead? I feel my heart tear a little with just the thought; I must not keep it secret from her. I have to prevent her from developing affections or further curiosities for him. I will tell her tonight, while the miners sleep.

I enter the cabin and my sister is up and about. Cooking a meal for all of us, I wonder how she ever learned to cook. We have people at the castle that always did that for us, well for her, they did not know me. Perhaps Else had taught her, I feel a bit of jealousy bloom from within me. My sister got to enjoy a relationship with Else that I never got to enjoy. I suppose that it is just another thing that her freedom granted her and captivity took away from me. I sit on the edge of the bed that she was just laying in, looking down at the cracked foundation of the floor I pout. I twist my hands together nervously wondering how to tell my sister of Erich and his promised protection.

“Where have the miners gone?” I ask, not leaving the spot I occupy.

“Oh,” she turns a bit surprised to find me here with her. “They are not far. They went to collect us wood for the stove and the fire. Some went off to find trusted assistance in protecting us.”

I see my opportunity, “I have found us a trusted ally to assist in keeping us out of harms way.”

She turns to face me, a smile on her face.

“Who is it dear sister?” She asks excitement in her voice.

“It is Prince Erich.” I look away from her and return my eyes to the floor.

“What? How is it that you know the Prince?” I look up and see that she has raised her eyebrow at me, leaning herself against the small wooden table.

I let my eyes drift back to the floor.

“It is a long story dear Raven. We met when I started after you; he says he wishes to make me his bride.” I feel a warm blush make its way to my cheeks. “He kissed me,” I whisper, hoping that she did not hear me.

I look up to see how she has reacted to what I said. I see that her eyes are widened and her jaw is hanging open. I have never seen such a shocked expression be worn by sister before. It is not very becoming, especially not with her mouth hanging wide open, as if she is awaiting a fly to land in it. I shift my position to be able to look upon her more directly. My movement seemed to snap her out of the trance she was in.

“Rose,” she crosses the room and take my hands in hers. “This is foolish. The Prince could not have said that, he does not know you to be a princess. Why do you say such a thing as that to breed envy in my heart? I do not like this joke of your's sister.” She stares me in the eyes. “Please stop your lying.”

I pull my hands away from her filled with anger. How dare she? Does she think that she is so much better than me? Does she think that I do not deserve to be loved by someone? I feel hurt mixing with the anger in chest.

“How dare you accuse me of being dishonest?” I scowl at her, lifting myself off the bed. “When the Prince’s guards are here you will see that my words are indeed truth. It will then still be too late to undo the damage your words have done.” I take three steps back from her. “I am deserving of your trust sister, I am hurt that you do not extend it.”

As I am speaking, someone opens the front door and we both turn to see who. The Prince walks in, he gasps when he takes in out appearances’. He halts and cannot seem to figure which is me. I feel a part of me break inside, I feel as if I have been betrayed by my face. I wished that it would be more unique. The Prince quickly snaps out of his stupor and makes his way to me. My heart soars high when he takes both my hands into his.

“Rose my dear, I have five of my finest men outside this door. You will be safe fair maiden, I swear this to you.”

I can feel the smile that was already on my face grow ever wider.

“I knew I could count on you Erich.” I gaze deeply into his perfect green eyes.

“Is this girl with your face your sister?” He turns towards her, and gives her a slight bow.

“Yes, her name is Raven. How did you know that she was not me?” I ask as he turns back to me.

He brushed one of his gloved fingers down my cheek and releases a small laugh.

“Her hair does not curl as much as yours does. Neither are her eyes as light, or lips as full. Why did you think I would not notice these things? You may look very much alike but there are still slight differences in appearance.”

I blush under his gaze, how did he notice things that even I did not?

“I must go Rose; the Queen must not suspect that I was here.” His lips brush against mine and he bows politely to Raven. “Good day my lady,” he turns back to me, “my bride.”

Then he leaves the cabin well protected and my heart feeling very exposed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading. Please share your thoughts and recommend this to your friends. ♥ I hope you enjoy this chapter, still more to come.