Status: In Progress

The Next Year

CHAPTER 2

After another hour of playing splat, going over our new script and teasing Jordan, our classroom assistant, it was time for Lunch, as always me and Sammy were waiting outside having a cigarette in the smoking area. As we left, we linked arms and headed into town.

‘Have you managed to get your little friend down?’ I said.
‘Yeah, I had to go to the loo and sort it out’ Spencer with a cheeky glint in his eye.
‘Oh right, didn’t go to the golf course with a fucking smurf then?’ I blurted out with a laugh
‘Har de fucking har’ Sam’s voice dripped with sarcasm.
‘Seriously Sammy, I can’t believe you went there, with her of all people’ I went, wishing that he’d took the hint that I meant me.

See, Sam is one of my best friends at college. When I went through my phase of liking Jack he was there for me. Whenever I’ve needed a good cry, Sam has always been the shoulder for me to do it on. He’s the one I can always count on for advice and to give me a straight answer. Sure, we have our differences but then again, we also have our laughs and banter as well. I know I had a bit of an infatuation with Jack, but even throughout that, I’ve always had a soft spot for Alexander Samuel.

‘She wasn’t that bad when I fucked her! Then like the next day she come into college with metal in her face and blue and red hair, it’s like I turned her mental’ He tried to defend himself. But you can see that the thought of it still embarrassed him.
‘She was never that good or pretty for starters! Seriously, you can do so much better than her!’ I laughed, only half joking.

I do quite like him, but I feel absolutely ridiculous for even trying to flirt, or express how I feel. I never did with Jack, and look how that turned out, we hate each other now. Why do I get the impression that I always think I’m not good enough for anyone? I really like Sammy, and we get on really well. I should just go for it.

‘Oh really, like who?’ I stopped in my tracks and he stopped as well. He looked at me with concern and confusion flickering in his eyes. I turned to face him and looked him square in the eyes. Don’t cry, don’t cry.

‘Me. I know I’ve talked about my feelings for Jack a lot and I understand if you don’t feel the same, but I’ve got to tell you. I like you, a lot. I’ve liked you from, like, the moment I met you pretty much. And I know that we’re close as friends, and that we have flirty banter and stuff but I jus…’ I got cut off by his lips crashing onto mine. I was shocked at first, and then I got into the kiss. It was like everything had fallen into place, and all thoughts of Jack James disappeared from my head. This felt right, this was right. He pulled away from me, too soon for my liking. He rested his forehead on mine and just stared into my eyes, both of us were breathing heavy, recovering from the kiss.

After what seemed like an age, but was probably a couple of seconds, we broke into a nervous, happy laughter. And kissed again, we both smiled into the kiss and it was the happiest I’d felt for a long time.
‘What now?’ I smiled up at him. He just took my hand and we walked into McDonald’s to meet the rest of the guys.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading guys! xx