Status: In Progress

The Next Year

CHAPTER 6

CHAPTER 6 – ROXANNE’S POV

I’m happy for Kaitlyn, I really am, it’s just a shame she’s laid her affections with Jack James. He’s just vile. I don’t see what I ever saw in him what so ever, not now I know how it feels to actually have someone like me for me.

I walked in this morning, and Sammy wasn’t there, which, yes, isn’t unusual, but I was still a little disappointed to not see his face. He walked in about an hour later, and as I looked up at the door, his eyes met mine and he smiled, his perfect, charming smile. I don’t see why everyone thinks he’s so smarmy. Yes, he’s moody, and yes, he can be an utter arse at times. He takes things too far, and he does cause problems a lot, but deep down, everyone knows he’s got a heart of gold, and that he’s lovely. At least that’s what I can see anyway.

‘Morning’ I couldn’t help but half sing it.
‘Yeah.’ He was being really blunt, and I could tell that something was up.
‘Are you okay?’ I didn’t want to intrude on whatever was going on, but I’d just like him to know that I’m there for him if he needs to talk.
‘Fine.’
‘Are you sure? You can always talk to me if you ever need to’
‘Fucking hell, just leave me the fuck alone.’ Those words stung. I’ve done nothing wrong, only offer him a place to talk in confidence and he goes off like that on me!
‘Fine then, see if I give a shit.’ I’m not being treated like that.

He stormed over to Vicky and sat with her. He kept looking over at me when he thought I wasn’t looking, but he forgot that there’s a mirrored wall in our PA HQ. Once we locked eyes, but then he just gave me a scornful look and carried on talking to Vicky. They’re getting quite close since doing their play. Very close indeed.

After the session had finished, Kaitlyn, Charlie, Sammy, Vicky and I stayed to catch up on work and generally have a chat. We were all having a laugh, and Sammy seemed to have cheered up and he was being ok with me. It was like as if, now all the lads had left, he could be seen to talk with me again, which was strange. Everyone got up to leave to get home, and eventually, it was just me and Sammy left on our own in the freezing cold november weather again. It was only then he spoke to me properly. He wound his arms around my waist and rested his head on my shoulder.

‘I’m sorry for being a knobhead today babe. I’ve got a lot going on’ I leaned my head back so it was resting on his other shoulder and turned around to embrace him properly. We stood like that for a while, just enjoying the warmth and scent of each other.
‘I know you have, and I know you’ll probably tell me eventually, but why won’t you be seen with me when other people are around? I just feel like you’re ashamed to be seen with me.’
‘What? I’m not, honestly!’
‘Well why haven’t you looked at me all day until about 2 seconds ago? You’ve been spending all day with Vicky for gods sake!’ He started laughing. ‘why are you laughing at me? Don’t you dare laugh at me Sammy! I’m pissed off at you!’
‘You’re jealous, I can see you are!’
‘I’m not jealous’
‘Yes you are, it’s written all over your face! You’ve got nothing to worry about baby, we’re just close cause we had to be cause of the show. There’s nothing there at all. You’re the one I’ve got strong feelings for, not her. We’re just really good friends’ he grasped the nape of my neck and kissed the top of my head. ‘Only you, okay?’
‘Okay. And I was jealous, just a little bit. You never used to look at me like that.’ I muttered from under my knitted burgundy snood.
‘I did! I always look at you, all the time! It’s that bad I can hardly stop. You just captivate me.’

I looked up at him and then he attacked my face with cute kisses and I started laughing uncontrollably until I caught his lips. I deepened the kiss, but it wasn’t like the other kiss, it was like I was trying to get validation, that he was mine, that he wasn’t interested in Vicky, or anyone else. We broke apart and we just stared at each other. ‘Especially, your eyes. They are truly magical. The most emotive clear blue eyes I’ve even seen. They can make my day, your eyes, by just looking into them.’

We were interrupted by the beep of a car horn, indicating that my dad was here to fetch me. I gave Sammy a quick peck on the lips and a hug and got into the car. On the journey home, I couldn’t shake the nagging feeling that something was on the cards for us. In all honesty, I’m still not sure what exactly that is, but I’m sure I’ll find out soon enough.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! xx