Time to Be Patient

One

Dominic had just fallen asleep for his afternoon nap, and Addison was so excited for time on her own. Michael had woken up early that morning, which meant so did she. Being the good house wife her mother raised her to be, Addison would wake up and make breakfast for everyone each morning. She had the responsibility of keeping Michael on time, dressing the children and getting Evelyn off to school. Even though she had one less kid her day was still filled to the brim. So, when she was able to have a moment to her self she cherished it. She lightly padded her way down stairs with the baby monitor in hand. Each step came with a prayer he wouldn’t wake up. Once at a safe distance she was able to walk normally. In the kitchen she poured herself a glass of white wine. Standing there, she just enjoyed how silent the large brownstone was. Addison marveled at how lovely everything looked. This had been all she ever wanted. A caring, successful spouse, two beautiful children, and an amazing home to show off to all her friends. To most, things seemed perfect. Little did they know how untrue that was.
Addison reached into her back pocket and placed her phone upon the granite of the island. She had received a text messaged earlier, but, didn’t dare look at it while she was with her kids. She slid her finger across the smooth surface of the phone to reveal the message from Brandon. Sipping her wine she read the message.
>>I had a dream about you last night, when can I see you?
Her heart fluttered with the thought of seeing him. It wasn’t right, and she had told herself that she was going to do better by her family. Everything was so hard here, though. Michael was barely home, and when he was he still felt miles away. The kids even started to notice his absence. Dominic, who was only 20 months old, would point out that “dada” wasn’t there. Evelyn had always been a mama’s girl, but, Addison was sure it hurt her daughter when other fathers picked up their kid from school.
She had met Brandon at a Blackhawks Organization party. He was so hysterical and sweet, it was difficult for her not to fall from him. Not to mention he was very hot, beard and all. Their friendship grew and grew every time they saw each other at a party. Addison had spent a lot of time with the different WAGS since they were closer to her age.
Soon they began to text, innocent at first then it turned to flirting. She began to look forward to those texts. They broke up the monotony of being a stay at home mother. She was young, and it was nice for a guy her age to pay attention to her. He thought she was beautiful, even though she had two kids. He found her funny when Michael didn’t. They began to meet for coffee and drinks, things just seem to go down from there. Their first kiss was after they won the Stanley Cup. Michael had headed home, but encouraged Addison to stay with her friends and party. She was still young and he didn’t want to take that all away from her. Drinks were being continuously poured, and slowly the thoughts of her marriage and children slipped away. It was just her and Bollig standing on the balcony in the crisp Chicago air.
“Do you realize how beautiful are you,” his words were a little slurred.
Addison couldn’t help but giggle, “You’re not too bad yourself.”
Brandon smiled, “No really. I don’t think you realize how gorgeous and sexy you are.”
“Sexy?”
He grabbed her hand and pulled her into him. Addison breath got caught in her throat. His lips were mere inches from her. His large, strong hand pressed into the small of her back. She could feel his hot breath fill in the little space between them.
“You are sexy,” his voice sounded raspy.
Addison looked around, no one was looking at them. Everyone was too focused on the cup to care what they were doing. She didn’t know if it was all the alcohol or the lack of touching in her marriage that made her do what she did next. Addison put a hand on the back of Brandon’s next and pulled him in for a kiss. The passion flowed threw them as their lips moved in rhythm. She found it hard not to rip off his clothes right there. Then the thought of her children popped into her head, of all she had. She pulled away, and started to make her way to the door. She needed to get out of there. Down the stairs she ran, only focusing on getting home.
As she stepped out on the street she could hear Brandon calling her name. She was so thankful that most of the fans had left the outside of the bar. She stopped on the curb, trying to flag down a cab.
“Addison,” Brandon’s hand grabbed her shoulder, turning her around to look at him.
“I’m so sorry,” her eyes never meeting his, “oh god, what did I do?”
Tears began to stream down her face and she began to realize what just really happened. How could she go home and look her family in the eye? She had committed the biggest sin, and the worse part was how right it felt. Brandon pulled her into his arms, her face buried into his chest.
“It’s going to be okay,” his palm stroke her hair.
She look up at him one more time. His face look so sincere and worried. How selfish was she, standing there worried about her family? She should’ve considered what he was going through, also. She kissed him one last time on the lips and headed into an empty cab that had pulled up.
When Addison got home she was very careful not to make a sound. She paused on her children’s floor. The same floor her in laws were sleeping in the guest bedroom. She was thought back to then day before. The four of them sitting in the Blackhawks box, watching the hockey game. How proud Michael’s parents were as they took a picture of the seemingly happy married couple, on the ice. They had been so kind to watch the kids for Michael and her were able to celebrate. She loved them as if they were her parents.
She continued up to their room, on the top floor. Addison was surprised to find her husband sitting in bed on his tablet.He smiled at her from under his glasses, “You’re home earlier then I expected.”
Her heart sunk as she thought about earlier, “It was no fun without you.”
I slipped his glasses off his face and laid them with his ipad on the bedside table. He looked good wearing just a plain grey shirt and a pair of basketball shorts. She allowed herself to block out the memory of what just happened. In an act to seduce her husband, Addison slowly began to play with the button of her shirt. Michael watched intently, enjoying how hot his wife was. Next was her shorts, sliding down with no problem. There she stood, only in a thong and bra. This was the first time in weeks her husband was staring at her like he was. She crawled across the bed onto his lap.
“What got into you,” He grinned playing with the elastic of her panties.
“I want to treat my champion,”she said before taking him into a deep kiss. That night they made love for the first time in a long time. It was so different then the boring sex they had became accustomed to. Much to Addison’s dismay, it took everything within her not to scream Brandon’s name as she climaxed.
“Thank you, my darling,” her husband kissed her cheek and rolled over to fall asleep.
Addison pulled the blankets up to her chin. Her guilt was back, and much stronger now. She just laid there in the dark, her husband’s soft snores in the background. Thinking, just thinking about the kiss she had with Brandon earlier. Nothing ever had felt so more right in her life.