Status: One-Shot

Rarity

One of one

The sizzling of bacon filled the kitchen, the smell rising and making Kylee's stomach rumble further. Her bare feet shifted against the cold tile as she worked over the morning meal, blue eyes intent on her work of eggs, pancakes, and bacon. A pair of shorts and an oversized tank top adorned her frame, blonde hair still a righteous mess.

His presence was undetected and when two arms wrapped around Kylee's waist, she shrieked. Junsu chuckled and held on tighter, burying his face in her neck to kiss at the flesh there. “Good morning,” he mumbled, holding her tight against his chest. He was only a few short inches taller than her.

“Don't scare me like that,” Kylee breathed, continuing on with her duty. She slipped the eggs onto a plate, then turned around in her lover's arms. “What time did you get back this morning?”

Junsu's eyebrows raised. “You didn't hear me?” Kylee shook her head. “Oh, good. Your ninja skills are wearing off on me.”

Kylee giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck to place her lips upon his. “I missed you.”

“I missed you too,” he responded with a beaming smile. “You didn't need to fix breakfast. I want you to come back to bed.”

“Junsu, its ten in the morning...” She turned back to the food still cooking on the stove.

Junsu released his hold to stand beside her, watching as she finished up their breakfast. “Aish...so? I haven't been home in two months and you expect me to care about food? A pillow just doesn't cut it for a cuddling buddy.” He watched closely as that treasured smile crossed her lips; he took in the simplistic beauty of it. Kylee wasn't one to smile often and he hated the fact. Therefore, every moment he could, he was doing his best to bring the pleasant expression to her face. Either his irresistible aeygo or his angelic voice would usually do the trick; she had become softer since the start of their relationship.

“So I'm thinking...a day spent at the market, some coffee and shopping. Then, tomorrow I'm feeling a hike sounds appropriate?” Junsu questioned, peering down at her with a gleaming smile.

“That sounds very appropriate,” Kylee agreed. “But...” She chewed at her lip. “Are you sick of Micky yet?” JYJ had been on tour for the last couple months and it would seem natural the three would be done with each other for a while.

However, Junsu seemed surprised. His eyebrows rose. “Sick of hyung? Of course not, silly!”

“Good, because I invited Nikki out and I doubt she's going to leave Micky Oppa at home.”

Junsu's face had sufficiently brightened. “Are they going to bring Yooki?” he asked excitedly. “I haven't seen her for so long.”

“She's grown,” said Kylee, turning back to the breakfast before her and dishing it onto plates. “She's so adorable, its ridiculous.”

Junsu took the plate she offered him and sat down, cross-legged, at the table. When Kylee sat down to join him, he spoke the question that he had been aching to ask. “Can we ever have children?”

Kylee stopped mid-action, her chopsticks hovering in the air as her mouth gaped. “Uh...” She closed her mouth, swallowing at her suddenly parched throat. “I thought we talked about this.”

“We did,” Junsu agreed hurriedly. He leaned forward, brown eyes wide with an innocence that should not have fit with the matter at hand, but did. “But...Hyung and Nikki already have one, and you know how I love Yooki! We've been together longer than them and and and I just want one!” His lower lip protruded, eyes rounding further in a puppy-like stare that Kylee was too accustomed to.

“Junsu,” she sighed. “I know, but...being a parent is a lot of work. And I'm sure you'd be the greatest dad ever, but I'm not exactly mother material.”

“What are you talking about?” Junsu demanded. “You'd be a great mother.”

“You and I both know that's a lie.”

“Not a lie,” said Junsu, “just a...overstatement.”

“See?” Kylee said. “I mean, when we got married, I told you—”

“I know!” Junsu whined. “But that was three years ago and I feel like we need something.”

“We'll get a dog.”

“Its not the same!”

“A small dog and you can name it and buy it clothes and whatever else you want to quench your child needs.”

“But—”

“Junsu, you are not the one who has to have a penis stuck inside her, carry a child for nine months, and then proceed to have her vagina stretched to unmeasurable lengths and go through eight hours of labor.”

One of Junsu's eyes twitched, the zest he had moments before had disappeared. “Too much information.”

“Exactly,” said Kylee, going back to eat at her breakfast with a smug smile creeping on her lips.

“But maybe someday?” The hopeful tone in his voice made Kylee's eyes roll.

A moment of silence passed between the two before she muttered, “maybe.”

Junsu beamed and went about eating the eggs on his plate. Kylee shook her head before proceeding to ask him questions about the tour. Only a few minutes before a knock came at the door.

“I got it!” Junsu called, scrambling to his feet. Kylee listened for the door to open and Junsu's squeal of delight. “Yooki, you've grown!”

“Hasn't she?” It was Yoochun's voice that rang next. “Almost made me regret going on tour.”

“Don't say that!” Nikki protested. “You have all your screaming fangirls to keep happy so don't worry about missing time with Yooki. She's not old enough to know how cool her dad is yet.”

“So you're admitting I'm cool?”

“Just this once. Don't get used to it.” Kylee smiled and got to her feet. When she walked into the living room, Nikki turned. “What are you doing? You two aren't dressed yet?”

“Excuse you,” Kylee defended. “My husband just got back this morning; don't we have to to be lazy?”

Nikki smiled, white teeth flashing. “I guess so. But you ready for a day of shopping?”

--

Coffee cups in their hands, the four of them wound through the crowded streets of Seoul's strips of shops. Yooki was bundled in a puffy coat with cat ears on the hood; Yoochun had her in arm, his coffee settled in his other hand as he followed after his wife.

“See? See? If we had a kid I could dress them up in cute stuff like that,” Junsu said, gesturing at Yooki.

Kylee squeezed his hand tightly, making him let out a whine and try to pull away. Her grip was relentless. “That's enough of that for the day,” she stated bluntly.

“Just saying...” Junsu grumbled. He glanced up at the sky, seeing clouds settle in that threatened a snowfall. He turned around, opening his arms wide. “Can I hold her?” he asked of his elder.

Yoochun arched an eyebrow before handing her over. Junsu beamed and began talking nonsense to the little girl who smiled at him. Nikki looked between him and Kylee, who inched away from the two. She grabbed Kylee's hand and began to pull her to a small clothing store. “Kylee and I are going in here. Junsu, don't let Yoochun lose our child.”

“Don't worry, Nikki! I got this!” Junsu called. “Take care of Kylee; don't let her spend all of my money.”

“Excuse you!” Kylee rounded on him. “You're the one that spends all our money—”

“Let's go, Ky,” Nikki ordered, pulling her friend into the warm store. Kylee followed after her friend, footfalls heavy, shoulders slumped in a disgruntled fashion. “Okay, so what's up?” Nikki asked, taking a black and silver top off the rack and holding it in front of Kylee.

“Nothing.”

“Don't lie to me. What's going on?”

Kylee sighed, pulling a lace top from the rack to examine. “Junsu wants a kid and I don't and he's being an annoying turd about it.”

Nikki snorted. “That's it?”

“What do you mean that's it?” Kylee hissed. “He gets all googly eyed when Yooki's around and then demands that we make our own! Do you know how terrible of a mother I would be? Do you know how scary it is to think of Junsu as a father?”

“Junsu would be a great father.”

“He'd be the perfect father and it would be the scariest thing ever. I'm not ready for kids and he doesn't get it.”

Nikki shook her head, dark waves cascading down her back. “Are you sure he's not just teasing you? Because that's his favorite thing to do and no one gets him flustered like you. I think this would look cute on you.” She held up a black lace dress. “It looks like something Junsu would be willing to tear off so you two can get to work on making babies.”

“Nikki, I swear...”

“I'm kidding!” Nikki shook her head. “Kinda...anyways, I'm thinking we'll hit that old book store after this?”

“Yes, please,” Kylee groaned. “I need to...chill.”

“Don't you always?”

“Shh, you have a child to make you chill.”

“A child to make me chill?” Nikki demanded, glancing at her friend. “Please. Its quite the opposite. I have to watch Yooki and her appa. Seriously, he would lose her faster than I could possibly realize. The only reason she's not with us is because of Junsu.”

“Whatevs,” Kylee sighed and took a sip of her cooling caramel macchiato.

The two continued to browse through the store, picking up articles of clothing that caught their eye for themselves and each other. They were entranced with the vintage jewelry display, absolute dismay consuming them when they couldn't decide on which to choose. Nikki texted Yoochun to keep tabs on his whereabouts and to let him know where they were off to next. Apparently, Junsu had taken off with Yooki into a children's store with Yoochun trailing behind.

The book store was cramped, more with its holdings rather than other bodies. It was quiet, but for the soft music playing from hidden speakers. The atmosphere was calming with the smell of ink and old leather blending with the warm aroma of coffee. Books were piled high next to bookshelves that went to the ceiling and were filled with the colored spines of thousands of hidden words.

“Home,” Kylee whispered, immediately diving for the fantasy section. Nikki joined her and the two fell into companionable silence as they flipped through pages and read the summaries of book after book. “Nikki...”

“Hmm,” the smaller woman was hardly paying attention as she read diligently at another summary.

“What are you getting Yoochun for Christmas?”

“Don't know yet,” she responded.

“Crap. I don't know what I'm getting Junsu either.”

“I know.”

“What?”

“A child.”

“Don't make me murder you.”

Nikki cackled to herself. “Or, you know, buy some hot lingerie. Ooh, I bet Junsu would like a corset on you.”

Kylee glared hard, blue orbs turning icy. “You're pushing your luck, little Indian girl.”

However, Nikki took Kylee's threat far from serious. She knew how to push the blonde's buttons. Of course, where would Junsu have learned it from? “I'm sure you'll think of something,” she finally said.

“Yeah, I hope you're right.”

--

The day had been spent, the girls had their arms full of shopping bags, and feet were killing by the time the sun had begun to set. Junsu and Yoochun had appeared, their own assortment of bags. Junsu declared he had bought Christmas gifts for Yooki, more than probably for his own wife. Kylee hardly cared. It made her feel bad at the way Junsu ogled over the little girl, carrying her all the way home and making conversation with a grin brimming his face.

Nikki had to practically pry Yooki from his arms when they came to their door. They bid each other goodnight and retreated behind doors and to the comforts of quiet apartments.

Kylee crawled into bed first while Junsu finished brushing his teeth, humming to himself the entire time. When his mouth was clean, he began singing fully, and Kylee smiled. His voice was just so perfect, she couldn't stand it. In baggy shorts and nothing else, Junsu turned off the light and trotted over to the bed to dive under the sheets. Adjusting himself and sighing contently, he turned over and wrapped an arm around Kylee's form.

“Did you have fun today?” he asked, nuzzling his nose into the crook of Kylee's neck.

“Of course. Did you?”

“Yes, Yooki is getting so big. Aish, it makes me feel old.”

Kylee chuckled. “You're not old. Yet.” She felt his body quake with a quick laugh beside her. “Junsu...about the whole kid thing...”

“You know I was joking about that, right?” Junsu asked, his eyes still closed. “I'm perfectly fine with Yooki being a few doors down.”

Kylee blinked up at the ceiling. “Seriously?”

“Seriously.”

“But I thought—”

“You told me before we got married what you wanted and there is no way I'm going to disrespect that. I'm perfectly okay with it being just you and me.” His lips pressed against her neck. “Sound okay with you?”

Kylee's lips upturned in a smile. “Yes.” She turned over, wrapping an arm and a leg around his skinny form. “Oppa, you need to put on weight.”

“Well, with your cooking, I'm sure I will.” Junsu brushed his nose against hers before pecking her on the lips. “Good night, beautiful.”

“Good night.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This was awful; I'm sorry, Nikki. :c My brain is just fried. But I had to get my Junsu feels out of the way. <33