Status: Trying something new.

Texts from Me to You

Steven

Why didn't you answer me?

I got scared.

You and me both. Alice, I don't know what I'm going to do.

What did the note say?

It told me to pay up. It said that if I didn't pay up, they would do something, something bad. They'd tear my family limb from limb until they got what they wanted.

What are you going to do?

I don't know. I called the number they left me with. I told them I didn't have any money, I begged and I pleaded for them to let my family go. Then I went to the cops.

What did they say?

They're looking for my family. But it's not enough, I have to find them, before it's too late.

Where would you even start looking?

I'll find a place, somewhere. I'll start with tracking the number.

It's too dangerous, don't do it.

I have to.

No, you can leave it up to the police.

I'll never see my family again if I do that. They won't find them.

Give them the number.

No.

Why? Why are you going to get yourself killed when it's their job to find your family?

Because, it's my job too. They're my family, my brother and sister, they're both younger than me and if I don't find my parents, then it's my job to protect my brother and sister. They're my family, it's my job.

It's. Not. Safe.

You can say that all you want, but I'm going out there.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, these chapters are short, I've come to notice that. What do you think? And adventure!