How I Cheated Death

Chunk's

"So what do you think of this one?" Tracy asked as I was zoning out in the middle of the Harley store.
"I think it looks like a death trap." I muttered honestly.
She just laughed at me and turned away to accompany Stanley as he and the salesman were going over the paperwork and financing of the bike he chose.
"Wanna get out of here?" A familiar voice whispered in my ear and his hand brushed across the small of my back, sending chills up my arms.
"What do you have in mind?" I teased, looking up at his smirking face.
"Something much more interesting than this."
"Then let's go."
At my request, he walked over to Tracy and told her that we'd see her later and kissed her on the cheek.
As we walked out the door, he grabbed me and threw me over his shoulder. Struggling done me absolutely no good so I rested my chin on the palm of my hand and let him walk this way to the car. He gave me a pat on the butt and opened my door for me, setting me down.
"So what are we going to do?" I was mildly intrigued.
"You'll see," was all he said.
He got in and put the key in the ignition, turning the volume up to extreme measures. I pulled the headphones out of my bag as usual and plucked them in my ears. The sounds of The Bunny The Bear was soon filling my ears. They were a new band a friend of mine had recommended I listen to and I actually had been interested in.
After minutes of driving and scrolling through the social networks of my phone we pulled up to his house, "I thought we were going to go somewhere?"
"We are, we just need to change first," he explained excitedly.
I looked out the windshield and noticed it had started raining. Thank God this woman put so much hairspray in my hair. I shook my head at him and followed him onto the porch. He fumbled to get the right key on his key chain for a moment.
Once we were in the door we raced down the hall to his bedroom.
"I win!" I yelled as I stepped over the threshold a mere 2 seconds before he did.
"What does the winner get?" He asked, interested.
"A kiss!" I said, pointing at the dimple in my cheek.
He obliged and grabbed the sides of my waist at attempt to tickle me.
"Just remember one day you're going to tickle me, and I'm not going to be responsible for any of your injuries, dear." I scoffed and started rummaging through my bag for the new t-shirt that the school provided every student that attended last night.
I looked over my shoulder to make sure he wasn't looking before I peeled off his shirt that I grabbed this morning. As I was about to pull the new one over my small frame I felt his warm arms circle me and for a moment we just stood there, enjoying the silence as we had earlier.
I sighed in tranquility and he replied my leaving a trail of kisses from my shoulder to the base of my ears, his nose brushing my gauged lobe. I turned around in his embrace and laid my head on his chest. He was a good foot taller than I was, but then again I had always been tiny. I closed my eyes as he grabbed my face in his hands and placed a soft kiss on my mouth. I placed my hands over his and kissed him back with the gentleness he provided.
He pulled away for a moment and led me to the bed a few feet away. He sat down and pulled me closer but not quite on top of him. He placed his hands on the small of my back and ran his thumbs across my abdomen. He stopped just above the tattoo of the heart I had gotten my previous birthday.
"I'll still never understand why you want to mark up your body like this," he said as his eyes wandered over it and looked back up at me.
"It's art, and I was in a great time in my life and wanted to remember it." I answered proudly.
"If you say so," he said as he caressed the backs of my thighs and pulled me down to where I was sitting on top of him and eye-level.
He put his hand on the back of my neck and we rested our foreheads against each other. I ran my hands down his torso until I reach the hem of his shirt and managed to pull it over his head with grace instead of get it stuck under his chin like usual.
I ran my eyes over his bare chest and found the familiar birth mark on his shoulder.
Everything about this moment was so familiar, but different in a way I couldn't describe. Like it was the last time I would ever get to do this in my life.
He pulled me impossibly close and kissed me fiercer than he had before with urgency.
I tangled my fingers in with the beautiful blonde hair at the base of his neck and pulled away from the kiss that was getting deeper than I had expected. I didn't want him to get the wrong idea, I wasn't sure if I was ready to do this with him again quite yet.
He sighed and pulled us into a position where we were laying on our sides and facing each other but he still held me tenderly and close as though he never wanted to let me go.
We continued to steal kisses and then all of a sudden, "we have places to be."
"Oh, yeah.. I forgot." I didn't want this to end any more than he did but if I didn't get home soon mom would kill me. I hadn't so much as texted her this morning because I wanted her to think we were still resting from our night last night.
He kissed my forehead gingerly and sat up in search for his shirt and jacket. I laid there for a moment with a sense of dejavu I'm not sure where from.
I sat up myself and spotted my new shirt on the floor and pulled it on as he got his wallet and things he needed to stay with me tonight.
"You ready to go?" He asked as I was pulled from my dream world of trying to remember where the sense of nostalgia was coming from.
"Yeah, just let me get my dress." I put the watermelon ballroom gown I'd chosen on a hanger and tried to protect it the best I could with the jacket I pulled on and gave him a look of readiness.
"Well. Let's go, love. After you." He opened the door for me to go first and he followed me out of the bedroom. Walking through the house I kept feeling like something was about to happen that would change everything. I looked at Justin and he seemed perfectly content with everything that had just happened and he hadn't registered the concern on my face.
The rain had gotten a lot heavier since we''d been inside so we had to run to the car in order to not get soaked. I'd jumped into my seat and turned around to hang it in the middle of the seats because he did not have placers to hang clothing in his back seats.
Once everything was settled I gave him the go ahead to leave.
The Eclipse jumped to life and he turned the windshield wipers on full power. The rain still came down hard and sounded like rocks hitting the glass.
He back out of the drive and we were off.
We passed the Dollar General and the tattoo shop that his family went to for all of their tattoos. I promised them one day I'd go there to get my first legal one.
A wave of panic rushed over me as he looked over at me abruptly and yelled at me to hold on, because my seat belt was broken and I'd never been able to wear one in his car.
"What do you mean?!" I yelled over the sounds of the music coming from the radio.
"This is it! Hold on!" Were the only words I heard before all I could see through the windshield were the colors of the forest and the grey of the sky.
Those were the last words I heard. I looked over at Justin and he had the most horrifying look on his face from remembering he had no airbag in the passenger side of his car and he looked afraid for me. I felt a single tear roll down my cheek before I backed as far up into my seat as I could and held on as tight as I could to the door handle with one hand and braced myself with the other.
"Justin, I love you." Were the last words that came out of my mouth. I'm not sure if he heard them, but I meant them with every ounce of being in my body.