How I Cheated Death

Tonight Is A Fairytale

"All right you two look up here and stop that mess!" My mother said after Justin had just kissed me unexpectedly for the first time in months. I was shocked to feel the warmth of his lips against mine and was confused because we were not together.
He smiled at me for a moment and then looked back at the camera my mom was holding impatiently trying to take the rest of our prom photos. I looked blankly into the lens wondering what this all meant.
"Okay, so am I meeting you at April's for the rest of these pictures with the whole group?" Mom asked when she was done exploiting us to the entire city of Thomasville. It was prom, and everyone was trying to get their photos done in the center of town. That's where the fountain was, and the red caboose.
"Yeah, just follow Tonya and dad there because we're going to get gas before we go." I said, reminding myself that he needed to stop somewhere to fill up.
"Okay, I'll see ya'll there." She said and she hugged us both before we got into his car. Just recently he installed pink HIDs to his car and painted most of the interior a fluorescent pink to match our prom attire.
"That was I can match both of my girls!" I remember him saying with his little giggle.
Before he turned the key in the switch my sister walked over to the car.
"You want me to just touch up your makeup there, too?" She questioned.
"Yeah, that's fine, I think it'll be fine until I get there." She reached in the door and hugged my bare shoulders. Maybe a strapless dress wasn't such a good idea, it's getting a little chilly out.
We watched as she hurried back to her car and prepared to follow us there.
He stomped in the clutch and turned the key in the ignition and threw the car into first and spun tires out of the parking lot.
"What was all that back there?" I'd managed to finally ask as I remembered he'd kissed me.
"What do you mean?" he smirked and looked over at me with those mischievous bright blue eyes.
"You know what I'm talking about, don't play coy. Why'd you kiss me?"
"It'll look good later on in the photos." He replied as he down-shifted as a car pulled out in front of him.
"I don't believe you, what are you up to?"
I couldn't see his eyes to be able to register the look on his face but he said, "not a thing."
"Mhm." Was all I could say to that.
I focused back on the road in front of me and tuned back into the music coming from his radio.

~~~~~

After all was said and done taking pictures at April's with our prom group we managed to take over 200 photos. Our group was by far the funnest one of the evening. We reviewed them and we had poses of doing Charlie's Angels with the ladies and all sorts of others. One with all the guys kissing the girls on the cheeks and vice versa.
I pulled April to the side after everything was said and done, telling her that he'd kissed me before in town.
"What are you going to do about it?" She said surprised herself.
"I'm not exactly sure yet, I didn't expect that at all. I don't know what to do."
"Well, just get through dinner and prom. Talk to him about it later and try not to ruin this night for the both of you."
"True," was all I could say and I pushed the entire situation out of my mind for later pondering when we were home and in bed relaxing.
She gave me a slight hug, trying not to ruffle our dresses.
We walked back outside onto the deck and he was staring at me. Not the creepy kind of stare but he had a look of amazement in his eyes I'd never seen before.
I turned away blushing and immediately put the thought into the back of my mind along with the other strange events that had been happening that day.
I thought our agreement was to go to prom as friends with our friends?

~~~~~