Status: in progress

From Russia with Love

Thank You

I kissed up at Geno’s chin and he wrinkled his nose. It’s like his fingers were exploring my body all over again.

“Meet team tomorrow? You no have school at night, yes?” he asked nipping at my collarbone.

“No. I don’t have class tomorrow night and I’d love to meet them.” I smiled and held him tight.

“Lot of kids. Still preseason. Have you babysit.” He joked tickling me. I smacked his hands away quickly.

“Whatever. Aren’t you supposed to help them grow and stuff? Mr. Superstar.” I snickered straddling him.

“I play. They watch and learn.” He smiled with his hands at my waist. I leaned down to kiss him and he rolled is over.

“So happy you home. Next summer, Russia. Will be fun. Not cold. I know you no like cold.” He smiled. I forced my grin to stay on my face even though I was still unsure about our “future”.

“Okay. You know I wanted to go to Russia before I met you.” I said lacing our fingers together.

“Yes? Well this for you.” He said getting off me and heading to his closet before bringing out a box. He tossed to book to me. Russian for Dummies. “I buy before you leave. Kept in box in case you decide come back.” He said sitting down next to me.

“Thank you.” I smirked kissing him softy as I opened the book. “I’m not a dummy though.” I laughed elbowing him in the side.

“You dummy in Russian.” He said before going over the Cyrillic alphabet with me.

____________________________________________________________________________________

“Guys, listen. Dis Ali. She my girlfriend. You hit on, you die.” Geno said introducing me at dinner. We had just walked in to the room they had sectioned off for us. The guys were about to start the preseason and decided to all get together before hitting the road. Geno drove us to the Capitol Grill and I tried to keep my cool. It was pretty intimidating standing in that doorway and having 20 guys and their wives and girlfriends staring at me. He introduced me to everyone and I apologized for being bad at names. Geno pulled out my chair for me and I sat down next to Sidney.

We got our food rather quickly when Sid decided to strike up a conversation with me.

“So how did you two meet?” he asked smiling.

“Um..he kind of knocked me flat on my ass at the grocery store.” I said giggling and poking Geno in the side.

“She come around corner. I feel bad, break eggs, spill juice. Say I buy if she go on date.” He chimed in putting a hand on my knee under the table.

“Nice. So where are you from?” Sid asked seeming truly interested in what I had to say.

“I’m from Virginia. You?” I asked trying to eat my salad cleanly.

“Nova Scotia. Have you been to a game yet?”

“No. I’m dying to come to one. “

“I’m sure Geno will get you tickets.” He smiled, his golden brown eyes looking into mine.

The dinner went great and everyone seemed fun. The “wags” as they’re apparently called were all really nice to me. I wonder if Geno had to explain that we had actually been dating for a long time, but I guess it’s really none of my business. Nealer and I still haven’t told him that we met in Toronto. When he introduced us I just waved a “hey” and left nothing about it. We weren’t trying to hide it really, nothing happened between us. Geno had his arm around my waist as we left the restaurant and headed home.

“You have good time?” he asked holding his car door open for me.

“Of course. Everyone is so nice. Thank you. It really meant a lot to me. ” I smiled. He walked around the car and drove us to his place.

"You happy. I happy." he said holding my left hand with his right as he drove. Once we got inside he quickly pushed me against the back of the door. He attacked my neck with his lips and my knees felt weak.

“Shit, G.” I moaned into his hear.

“So hot in red dress. “ He mumbled picking me up. And pressing me back against the wall.

“Mmm, Geno, we should go upstairs.” I moaned. He dropped his keys in the bowl by the door and hurried upstairs. Setting me on the bed he whispered in my ear.

“I’ve been want get you out of dress since help zip earlier.” He purred.