Pixies and Vampires Just Don't Mix

Names & Tracking Devices.

I sat silently in the dark pocket of Nichol's jacket, bouncing with each lively step she took towards the large front doors. I poked my head out on the pocket and looked at her,

"Nichol." I said.

She looked down at me, still walking forwards, "Hm?" She asked.

I smiled, "How much longer?" I asked, not wanted to wait much longer to see Anthony and grand-mama.

She only giggled and replied, "I live on the second floor, this is a really big house. It'll take a few minutes." I nodded and sunk back into the pocket.

After a few minutes passed, I was growing restless... until I heard a male's voice.

"Nichol, where are you going? And why are you wearing a jacket on such a hot day?" Asked Matthew's voice.

I peaked out the pocket and saw that the front door was open, but Matthew was right behind Nichol.

"I'm going outside to play. I can wear a jacket if I want to!" She scowled at Matthew, believing my lie about him.

He shrugged, "You plan on playing by yourself?" he asked, Nichol shook her head.

"I'm going to play with my best friend." She had just blown it... and she knew it. She lifted her hands up over her mouth in shock. "o-o-o-p-p-s"

I shot out of the pocket and bolted towards the door, only a few inches away from it. I flew as fast as I could. I could almost taste the fresh air, the smell of the willow tree's bark, and hear the laughter of the other pixies. I smiled but it quickly faded when the light from outside disappeared. The door had shut and I rammed with into it.

I blinked a few times and fell from the door, falling down... I had just knocked myself out. I landed on something soft and sweaty..

I heard crying and screaming, yelling and fussing... And then nothing, everything went black.

I slowly felt my mind come back to reality and fluttered my eyes open. The air wasn't as fresh as it was before, now it was stuffy. I looked around, I wasn't in a sack... I wasn't in a cage... but I wasn't free... Then my eyes widened. My bottom lip trembled as I sat up, my legs bent in front of me, my hand supporting me by my sides.

"No." I said... I could see the dark room clearly but I wasn't in it... I was... in a glass jar...?!

I flew around in the jar, hitting the glass as hard as I could. The jar didn't move. I pushed up on the cap that was screwed on the top that had a few tiny holes in it so I could breath. I pushed and pushed but it wouldn't move either. I slowly lowered myself back down to the bottom, sitting on my butt. I bent my knees in front of me again and rested my elbows on them, propping my face in my hands. Once again, I had now lost all hope.

I stared out of the glass and saw Matthew, the vampire, sleeping in his bed. He was sleeping soundly under his soft covers, resting his head on his warm pillow. It reminded me so much of back at the willow tree, in my room. Sleeping in a chestnut shell when I was only a small child, covering up with a leaf. I sighed.

What I wanted more than anything was to go home. I wanted to go back and fly into my hole to see my grand-mama sitting on the floor, collecting spider weds for winter covers. To turn around and see Anthony smiling at me while sitting on my 'bed' as if he'd been waiting for me the whole time. I wanted for him to tell me that this was all a bad dream and I had just fainted at the sight of the trees being cut down.

I stopped wishing for mama and papa a long time ago. When I was still just 40 years old(appearance of a 4 year old), my mama and papa went looking out for food that'll last us the winter. They had been gone for three days so my grand-mama went out looking for them. She came back a day later crying and told me that she found their bodies in the deep forest. Their wings had been ripped off and their blood sucked dry. It was only a vampires doing; Vicious, awful, disgusting, wicked creators. I hated them!!

Vampires killed my parents.

I was drug out of my thoughts when I heard a beeping near my foot. I looked down to see a metal bracelet around my ankle... beeping. I pulled my right foot closer to my face and stared at the bracelet in confusion... what was it?

"Like it?" Asked a voice.

I looked up through the glass and saw Matthew.

I glared at him, "What is it?" I asked coldly.

"A tracking device." He said plainly... yet I was still confused.

He snapped his figures as if just having a realization, "Oh that's right. Pixies don't know anything that isn't related to nature." he said, mockingly.

I scowled, waiting for him to explain. "This little device will tell me where you are at all times, no matter if you leave the house of not." He explained.

I looked back down at it and scoffed. "I'll find a way to get it off." I said.

He laughed and tapped the glass on the jar, making it rattle. I tipped backwards, I was still wearing that stupid green dress Nichol had put on me so the skirt flew up over my head.

"I'm afraid not, you see; one of the chain-links on that tracking device is stitched into your skin. There's no way of getting it off unless you plan on bleeding. And then you'll most likely bleed to death, with how small you are and all, and since you're in that jar. We could just save your blood for the full moon, either way you die and my father lives." He said, a wicked smile on his face.

I glared at him, he was a terrible vampire.

"Monster." I said.

He looked down at me, angered. He jerked the jar away from the desk it was sitting on and gripped it tightly in his palm. I tumbled around in the jar, trying to keep my balance and that stupid dress wasn't making it any easier. Once I finally got my balance and stood up, holding myself up by resting a hand on the glass of the jar.

"I am no monster. I'm doing this for my father's life. If killing one little pixie will save the king of vampires, I'll do it! Your life is nothing compared to his." He growled.

I stared into his dark brown eye, calmly. "So in order to save a life, you're willing to take one? And you think that's heroic?" I said.

His eyes flashed red for a seconds notice and he began shaking the jar. I flew around in the jar, hitting glass here and there, ramming into the cap and the bottom. I screamed in pain and fear while listening to Matthew yelling, "I am no monster!"

Suddenly I felt his grip on the glass loosen and the jar began to fall from his grip. I watched as Matthew got farther and father away until the jar was crashed into the floor. I rammed into the glass, now feeling rather dizzy and disoriented. It took me a minute before I realized where I was, who I was, and why I was here. I sat up and shook the last bit of confusion out of my mind. I heard Matthew sighing while he brushed his hand through his hair. He bent over, picked up the 'unbreakable' glass jar and set it softly on the desk. I stood up and began beating on the glass with everything I had.

Matthew just stood there calmly, hanging his head, "Don't think you can get out. You're too weak to break that glass and even if you happened to get out, I've ordered all the windows to be locked, all door leading to the outside locked, and Nichol is forbidden to be anywhere near you."

I sighed and stared up at him, my hair flowing slightly due to the wind my wings were making while flapping at my sides but not enough to make me fly.

"You've got this all planned out, huh Vampire?" I said, glaring.

The pointed ends of my toes were the only thing that could be seen under the long green dress I was wearing, I was dying to take it off but I hadn't the slightest idea how.

Matthew changed his expression from proud to angered, "My name is Matthew, not Vampire." He stated, annoyed.

I shrugged my shoulders, slowly sitting myself down on the cold glass floor, "You haven't gotten a name that I am willing to use, Vampire." I turned my gaze away from Matthew and looked at squares of paper and thick board things that were filled with paper. (Books)

"What's that supposed to mean?" Matthew sat down in a chair, it was larger than Nichol's chairs.

I thought about how this was the only talk Matthew and I have had since he kidnapped me. I turned away from him, "What it means is; I'm not willing to call you by your name because I do not respect you. That's all." I stared out a large glass wall that blocked my way to the outside. A 'window' was behind Matthews desk, showing me the outside world that I longed to see again. It was almost like hanging a slice of meat in a hungry dog's face, refusing to let him have a bite. The ground was far down so I mainly just saw tree tops and the blue sky.

"Respect?" He asked.

I reached my hand out and tapped on the glass to make sure it was actually there.

"Yes, respect. As in honor or like very much." I explained, never taking my odd, slanted eyes away from the tree's green leafs. I saw the wind blow, causing the trees to tilt to the left slightly. It was a peaceful wind, I could tell.

"Is that a pixie thing?" He asked, his elbows now propped on the desk, his chin in his palms.

I ripped my eyes away from the trees and turned to face him, "Isn't that how it goes everywhere?" I asked.

A half of me was killing myself inside for talking to a vampire in such a civil manner, not to mention my kidnapper. But another side thought that if I could get him to lighten up to me, he'd set me free and let his father die. Which I knew was highly unlikely but I went on talking with him.

"No, Vampires only call people who are lower than themselves and who they know very well by their names. Anyone higher, say, the queen, we'd call her 'your highness' or something in that manner." He explained to me, never taking his eyes off me.

I moved my legs around to where they were crossed over one another, "Really, now?" I wondered.

There was a silence for a few minutes until Matthew spoke, it was slightly higher than a whisper. "What's your name?" He asked.

I paused, thinking of what to reply to that... I scowled slightly, "I can't tell you my name." I said.

He lifted from his dazed, slouched state and glared slightly at me. "Why not?" he asked through his teeth.

I closed my eyes and sighed, turning my head away from him. "Because I don't want you to have the choice to respect me... or like me very much." I said looking at the door on the other side of the room.

He groaned, "I'd never respect a pixie." he said, plainly.

"Then you don't need my name." I snarled, glaring at him.

"Fine." He growled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay!! How long has it been? Six days since my last update? Ew!
Oh, well. I hope you enjoyed this. :DD