Pixies and Vampires Just Don't Mix

Angered Pixies & Depressed Vampires.

.:Lenore's P.O.V:.

I sat silently on the staircase railing while Seth sat on one of the top steps, his feet a few steps down. I stared at him. He'd been silent ever since Matthew ran out of the kitchen and went off to where ever vampire's go when they get upset. Come to think of it, where do vampires go when they're depressed, stressed, and angry? Probably off to go feed on some humans. Which really, I didn't have a problem with since humans are the reason we had to go into hiding. If the vampires were to take out all the humans then everyone would be happy.

Seth did, however, talk to Nichol when he went to her room to get me some new 'clothes' . She didn't want to at first, mad at me for tricking her into believing I was her friend. I didn't care though, I wouldn't want to befriend a stupid vampire anyway.

Then what was I doing with Seth?

I was waiting for him outside of Nichols room to get me the loose fitted white dress and put it on me.

I thought of that, for a vampire Seth has done a lot for me. I wanted to thank him but something inside me side I shouldn't. That he was a worthless vampire and didn't deserve my thanks. It felt wrong of me to think such a thing but I knew my parents would think otherwise.

I did rather enjoy this dress I was wearing, it was loose all through it. Unlike that green dress Nichol had put on me what was tight up top but fluffy on the bottom. It was even low-cut in the back so I didn't have to rip holes in the back like I did with the green one.

Then I thought about Matthew...

He glared at me then yelled about not being guilty... I didn't expect him to be guilty, I didn't think anyone expected him to be. Then why did he yell so much. He's a vampire, vampire's don't have feelings... they don't care about people or things. They kill just because. He can't feel guilty, he should, but he doesn't.
Does he?

My head shot up when a heard a loud ringing noise that echoed through the whole castle. It rang, then paused, then rang again, then paused.

It rang seven times then never rang again. Seth picked himself up and and sighed, "I'd best be going." He said, then looked at me. I stared at him, holding a bit of disappointment in my expression. I didn't want him to go, in fear of Matthew finding me, believe it or not... I was beginning to fear him more than hate him. Don't get me wrong, I hate him more than anything in the world but... fear must be stronger.

Seth smiled weakly and held his hand out to me, I stepped into his hand and stood there, keeping my balance on his thumb as he walked down the stairs. I just stood in his palm, blankly staring ahead of me. I trusted him more than any vampire, he's the only one that actually talks to me. I still hated him but I... trusted him? Is that even possible?

He walked into the kitchen and set me on the counter, there was a pause. The room was brightly lit so the workers in the back room could see well enough, Seth scooted towards the end of the counter where the jar sat.

*

After I allowed myself to be put into the jar, which had been cleaned spotless while I was 'bathing', Seth walked me back up the stairs and was ready to leave me in Matt's room for him to find. I didn't like that plan at all. Seth put me down of Matt's 'desk' and just stared at me for a moment or two.
"I'll be seeing you." he said, before he turned to walk away and I shouted, "Please don't leave me!"

He stopped in his tracks and a thick silence filled the distance between us. I only stood in the small, glass bottle, staring desperately at the back of his head. I hoped he'd turn around and walk back towards me, sitting down until Matthew came back... so I wouldn't be alone.

I heard him sigh and he took a step forward, I lost my breath. Then he turned around and stared at me, I breathed again.

He made his way towards me with an unreadable expression on his face.

"I have to go home." He said.

I shook my head, telling him that he HAD to stay here with me. He only sighed again and sat down on the chair by the desk and waited for me to say something.

"Are you going to stay?" I asked.

"No." he answered plainly.

"What?! Why not?!" I yelled out in anger, he had to stay with me.

I was beginning to wonder what was getting over me. Why was I so in need to have a vampire in the room. Then I told myself I didn't want a vampire in the room, I just wanted someone in the room. Then I began questioning that thought. Why did I want anyone in the room with me? I'm sure I could have more time to plan my escape and I just might. Then I remember Matthew telling me that all the doors to the outside were locked and I couldn't get out soon enough before Matthew would notice I was gone.

I sighed, letting my hopelessness fog up the glass before me.

"I have to go home." He said so plainly but when I looked up at him I saw something in his eyes like he regretted what he just said. He should regret it. The sorrow and hopelessness from my eyes shot right into his, letting him know how I felt.

"I-I'm sorry." He said. I looked away. Silence.

He sighed one more time and I still didn't say a thing. . .
"Look, here's what I'll do," I lifted my head up and watched him as he made his way towards the glass jar and moved it aside, grabbing a square of thinned out wood (Paper). Then, he grabbed a plastic stick with a sharp end and began writing on the 'paper'.
After all the words were written down, he stared at it for a long second before crumpling it up and stuffing it into his pocket.

He walked back over to me and picked up the jar, heading out of the room.

"What are you doing?" I asked, pure confusion in my voice.

"I'm taking you home."

Silence...

What was he talking about?

Everything slowly became a blur and all sound left my ears. The only possible thing worth hearing was the fast beat of my heart pumping inside me. 'Home' my voice echoed in my mind causing a grin to spread on my face.

.:Matthew's P.O.V:.

I walked quickly up the hallway, if I'd be so bold as to call it walking, towards my mother and father's bedroom. I stopped with a slight jerk when I was a few inched away from the door, knocking quietly upon it's wooded suffice.

"Mother?" I asked, maintaining the worried shaking in my voice.

"Yes, Matthew. Come in." My mother's quiet voice murmured from the other side of the closed door.

I slightly opened one of the two doors and stepped inside. There, before my eyes, was my mother sitting on the edge of her and father's bed. And my father lying there, in the middle of their bed, the blankets coverings the lower half of his sickeningly ill body.

"Father?" I asked, slowly making my way towards his bed. I gently sat myself down beside him. His face had gained a few wrinkles since the last time I saw him which was a VARY bad thing.
As you should know, vampires age very slowly compared to humans, but when they become dreadfully sick, like my father, time becomes the enemy.

He shifted his dull eyes in my direction, taring them away from my mother, and stared into my eyes.

"Matthew..." His voice was cracking and low. "how are you, my boy?" He slowly tried to sit himself up to get a better view of me but I held him down.

"Father, you mustn't move. You need your rest."

"Where is the pixie?" Mother asked, sitting with an odd excretion.

I looked over to her and my shoulders dropped in sorrow, "Mother."

"You've lost her?!" She picked herself up, anger scattered within her beautiful eyes.

"Mother. I'm sorry." I tried to calm her but it was no use.

"Sorry isn't going to save your father!" She clenched her fist and stared down at the floor, her black bangs covering her face.

.:Lenore's P.O.V:.

"You said we were going home!" I screamed, hitting at the glass in frustration.

Seth sighed while he sat in his large wooden chair while I was standing in the jar which sat on his wooden 'dinning room' table. He held a cup of steamy hot 'tea' in his hand until he set it down and stared at me. "You misunderstood what I said."

"Misunderstood?!" I screamed again.

"Yes, misunderstood. You thought I was talking about taking you to your willow tree when I was talking about going to my house." He explained.

I let the anger slowly release peacefully thinking about the next question that was about to flow through my lips as my eyes grew a bit larger, "How did you know I lived in a willow tree?"

A silence built between us and he slowly put his cup of tea down. He sighed, "Matthew told me."

I scowled, "How did Ma... he know?" I caught myself before I said his name. I had to catch my breath for a split-second, thinking about how I'd almost caused myself a whole lot of trouble.

"Don't worry about saying his name." He said under his breath so I could barely hear him. It was like he read my mind.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"What?" He looked up from his tea. His eyes strangely darker than they were a minute ago.

"What do you mean about his name?" I repeated with more detail so he'd understand.

"Oh. I mean, not to worry about saying his name." He repeated the last thing he had said as if that were an answer.

"Yeah, I got that part." I crossed my arms over my chest, the trouble making side of me rising to the surface.

He sighed and picked himself up, taking his tea with him. He walked over towards the counter and set the cup in the sink, running some water over it from the long pipe.
I watched him carefully, studying his every move. Every step so smooth, like he was merely floating inches above the floor. Nothing like us, we bounced mainly. While we walked around on tree branches we would jump and flutter our wings for more range. It just seemed faster that way, not to mention a lot more fun.

He never said another word of it so I just sat myself down on the cold glass floor, my arms still crossed over my chest, my eyes never leaving him. He was now heading into the next room, leaving me alone.

"I wonder if he knows." I said to myself but making Seth stop and turn around.

"What?" He asked, his gaze now set on my small form.

"I wonder if the vampire knows I'm here." I said, taking great caution so that I wouldn't say his name. I stared down, finally looking away from him, at my feet which were at the end of my pencil legs. The white dress I was wearing now wasn't as long as the green one and I was able to move around a lot more, it reached to my knees.

Though I was staring intently at the tip of my toes, making damn sure I didn't look Seth in the eyes, he was still in my view and I could see his small crooked smile. "He should know you're gone by now." He looked away from me.

I looked up now, only to look away again when he moved to turn back around and head into the other room. He took one step forwards and turned his head only slightly and said in a low voice to where I could barely hear it,

"And it's not just his father he's worried about."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay!
It didn't take me forever to update this time! =DDDDDD

Anyway, I hope you liked it and I'll try to update soon.