Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Sixteen

“MAGGIE!!!” I heard as I was walking through the halls, heading towards the parking lot, just finished having practice.

I was walking in-between Kris and Mike when I heard my name being called. I turned around to see Emma running towards me. I smiled at the sight of my friend and then gasped when she tackled me to the ground and hugged me tight saying ‘Thank you’ over and over again. Thank God I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt, we didn’t need to get to get dressed up for practice.

“Emma,” I choked out, “Can’t, breathe.”

“Oh, sorry!” she said and then sat up and I sat that she was sitting on my stomach, “I got the job!” she squealed and I laughed and then squeaked when she came down and hugged me again.

“Whoa, didn’t realize the hallway turned into a porno shoot?” I heard and turned my head to see Max, Sidney, Jordan and Marc walking.

“Shut up!” I said and then Emma got off me and blushed, “So you got the call today?” I asked, ignoring the boys and looking at Emma.

“Yeah, Mario called me and asked me to come in and then he gave me the job!” Emma squealed as she held my hands and bounced up and down, “I’m so excited!”

“Good, I’m happy for you! That means you’re moving to Pittsburgh?”

“Well duh! I can’t do my job from Texas!” she laughed and I smirked and nodded my head.

“Congrats, Em,” Mike said and Emma smiled towards him and then hugged him. I laughed because he looked surprised but then smiled and hugged her back, “So where are we going to celebrate?”

“Celebrate?” Jordan asked, “That involves drinking, right?”

“Where do you want to go?” I asked Emma.

“Um, I don’t know, you guys know this city better than me, and yes! I do need a drink!” Emma said and Jordan cheered.

“So why are we celebrating?” Sidney asked and Emma turned towards them and smiled.

“You are looking at your new assistant game photographer!” she said proudly and I laughed.

“Nice, so that means you’ll be following us on the road, right?” Max asked and Emma smiled and nodded her head, “Nice.”

-Kris-
We decided that we were going to take Emma out to the clubs later tonight since we had an off day tomorrow. Everyone was going to go out to dinner before and then head to Diesel, we had a few hours, so everyone headed home, but I followed Maggie back to her house.

I sat on the couch with Maggie sitting next to me, her legs on my lap and we were watching reruns of The Mentalist. I was rubbing Maggie’s legs when Mike came into the house, grabbed the remote off of the table in front of us and changed the channel to the NHL network.

“Mike, you have your own house,” Maggie whined and I chuckled.

“Shush, watch!” he said and we watched as the announcers were talking about our win last night against the Maple Leafs.

“Mike,” Maggie whined because they were talking about Mike’s hat trick and Maggie’s almost hat trick, just shy of a goal.

Over a week had passed since our Rangers game, which we won with the final score of three to one. After we got back from New York, we met our new teammate Pascal Dupuis and he seemed like a nice guy, and he had a hell of a shot, he helped us win our game against the Thrashers, three days after the Rangers game. The next day we traveled to Ohio for our game against the Blue jackets, which we also won with the final score of seven to two. Then we traveled back home for our game against the Devils, which again, we also won with the final score of two to one.

The Maple Leafs game was an interesting one, Mike scored the first goal, four minutes into the game with Pascal and Sidney assisting, and then a minute before the period ended, he scored again with Maggie and myself assisting. The Maple Leafs score a minute into the second period, but Maggie turned it around and scored her first goal of the night and she did it unassisted. Towards the end of the period, the Leafs scored their second goal of the night and that ended the period. During the third period, Mike scored his third goal about ten minutes into the period, earning his first hat trick, Paul Martin and Jordan assisted him on that goal. Then to top it all off for the night, Maggie scored her second goal of the night, two minutes before the game was over, Max and Craig Adams assisted her.

“I’d have to say that last night, the Marshall twins were definitely on fire,” the one announcer said and Maggie and Mike smile, “I mean come on, look at this goal right here,” he said and then Mike’s third goal appeared on the screen, “You can’t get it better than that.”

“I have to agree, and it’s also rare to see a hat trick come from a defensemen,” another announcer said, “I’ll say, Pittsburgh couldn’t have picked a better set of twins to play for their team.”


Mike turned off the TV and smiled brightly towards us, Maggie laughed and I smirked and shook his head, “We get it Mikey, you ate your Wheaties yesterday, now go back to your place!”

“Why? So you and Tanger can be alone?”

“Yes, now go!” Maggie said and Mike rolled his eyes, threw the remote towards me and then headed for the door, “And Mike.”

“Yeah?” he called, almost sounding annoyed.

“Good job last night,” Maggie said and I smiled towards her.

“Thanks,” he smiled, “You too.”

-Maggie-
“So are you all packed for your flight tomorrow?” I asked as I walked into the guest bedroom that Emma had been staying in. She was supposed to leave last week, but decided to push her flight back another week until she heard word from Mario that she had gotten the job.

“Yeah, I just have this outfit and then the outfit I’m wearing out tonight,” Emma smiled from her spot on the floor where she was zipping up her suitcase, “Tanger leave?”

“Yeah, he headed home to get ready for tonight,” I answered and she smiled.

“I like him, he’s sweet to you,” Emma said and I smiled.

“I like him too,” I said and then walked over towards the bed and sat down, “When’s your flight tomorrow?”

“Noon, so I have to be at the airport around eleven,” she said and I nodded my head.

“I’ll get you there,” I said and then looked at the clock to see that we had two hours to get ready before we met everyone who was going out to eat at the small French restaurant by the club we were going to. Our reservation was for eight and we figured by the time we finished eating it would be after ten, so we would have over to the club then.

“What are you wearing tonight?” Emma asked and I smiled towards her, “Am I gunna have to sleep in the basement?”

“Why?”

“You’re gunna look so hot that Kris is gunna be banging you all night,” she said and I blushed and turned my head away from her, “Knew it.”

“Shut up and start to get ready,” I said and then headed for the door, listening to Emma laugh.

I walked into my room and headed for the bathroom, deciding to take a long shower and to do what I needed to do to make myself lot hot for tonight. When I got out, I walked over towards my closet and grabbed the outfit I had in mind for tonight’s adventure. A peach sweetheart neckline strapless mini that ended mid-thigh and then grabbed my leather jacket that ended just below my breasts. I smiled towards my black lace ankle boots and then grabbed my tan strapless bra and underwear set.

There was a smile on my face as I walked into my room, laid my clothes out on the bed and changed into them. I turned in the mirror and giggled a little, trying to wonder what Kris’ reaction would be when he saw me. I looked at the time and saw that I had an hour, I needed to do my makeup and hair, so I walked into the bathroom and started to finish off this canvas.

I heard my name as someone entered my room, “I’m in the bathroom.”

“Ya decent?”

‘…Mike…’ I thought as I put the voice to the name, “Yeah, come in.”

The door opened and Mike walked in and then stopped, “Damn Mags.”

“What?” I asked while looking at him confused.

“Are you trying to kill Tanger?” he asked and I looked at him confused, “You look hot- And that’s strictly your brother talking-“

“Shut up,” I laughed and went back to putting my makeup on.

“I don’t think you’re going out tonight,” Mike said and I looked at him confused again.

“Why?”

“Because I don’t think Tanger’s gunna let you out of the house looking as hot as you do,” Emma said as she appeared behind Mike, “Yup, I’m sleeping in the basement tonight.”