Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Twenty Three

I heard my alarm going off, the alarm that I set on my phone to make sure that Maggie and I were awake with enough time to get ready for the party at Mario’s house. I groaned and shut my alarm off and looked to my side to see Maggie wrapped in the shirts against my side. I smiled and then leaned over and pressed my lips against hers. Her eyes blinked opened and she smiled towards me.

“Hi,” she giggled and I smiled towards her and pressed my lips against hers, feeling her hand move up my chest and wrap around my head. I placed my hand on her sheet covered hip and turned my body into hers and practically crawled on top of her. When I pulled back, Maggie had a bright smile on her face, “Can I be woken up every day?” I chuckled and then kissed her bare shoulder and sat up, “What time is it?”

“Just after four,” I answered and looked back towards her, feeling her sitting up and leaning against my chest. When she moved, so did the sheet and I saw that it was only covering her waist down, I felt parts of me fire up against when I felt her breasts against my bare back.

“We can be fashionably late, right?” Maggie giggled and kissed my shoulder, wrapping her arms around my waist and her hands were lying in my lap, dangerously close to my awakening hard on.

“Depends on how late we’ll be,” I said as I looked back towards her.

“A few minutes,” she said and then sat up onto her knees and kissed my shoulder again, “A half hour,” she purred as she breathed into my ear and then kissed my neck, “Maybe an hour,” Maggie groaned as she placed herself on my lap and ran her hands down my chest.

“An hour will be ok,” I said as I pressed my lips against hers, wrapped my arms around her and laid back onto the bed, with her on top of me.

-Maggie-
“What took you guys so long?” Marc asked as Kris, Mike and I walked into Mario’s living room, seeing everyone there.

“Blame these two here,” Mike muttered as he nudged his head towards Kris and I and we both blushed, which made Marc laugh.

We walked into the living room and saw Mario talking with Sidney, Mario saw us immediately and walked over, a smile on his face, “Maggie, how are you?” he asked and I smiled and hugged him.

“I’m fine, thanks for having this,” I said and watched as Mario shook Mike and Kris’ hands.

“No problem,” he said and then said that the food was in the other room and then excused himself.

Mike walked off and Kris and I walked to where the food was because we were a little hungry from certain activities. I took a plate and started to grab some food, having de ja vu from being at my parents’ house. When we finished, we headed back into the living room and I immediately heard my name and turned to see Vero rushing over towards me. I smiled and gave her a side hug because I had my plate in the other hand.

“I’m stealing you away,” Vero said and I laughed and nodded my head, turning my head to see Kris smirking and waving towards me.

Vero pulled me into another room where all of the wives and girlfriends were and then sat me down on the couch. The ladies laughed and I heard Maureen Kunitz say, “Operation kidnap Maggie is a success.”

“How are you?!” Vero asked and I popped a grape from my plate into my mouth.

“I’m fine,” I smiled and then looked around the room to see most of the women giving me excited smiles, “What? Am I missing something?”

“We saw the video,” Vero finally confessed and I looked at her confused, “Of you and Mike singing.”

“Oh,” I said and looked down, trying to hide my blush.

“You know what we’re going to ask you, right?” Nathalie, Mario’s wife asked.

“No, what?” I asked and placed my plate on the coffee table in front of me.

“We want to hear you!” Anne Adams said and I laughed.

“I think I’ll pass,” I said and Vero shook her head.

“Mario has a piano, you’re really good, Maggie! Please play something, please, please, please!” Maureen begged and I bit my lip.

“Maybe later,” I said and the women smiled brightly and nodded their heads.

We started to talk about other things, nonrelated to hockey and me singing, mostly about Christmas presents when we stopped when we heard yelling. I stood up and peaked my head out into the hallway to see Tyler arguing with his girlfriend Olivia, I sighed because they seemed to be always arguing about something when they were together.

“They at it again?” Vero asked as she came up behind me and I nodded my head, “They came separately.”

“Really?” I asked and she nodded her head. I saw that they were trying to be quiet, but it wasn’t working. Tyler looked like he was trying to walk away, but Olivia grabbed his hand and pulled him back, he whispered something and she slapped him across the face, “Ok,” I growled and walked towards them, “Hey TK, was wondering where you went!”

Tyler looked towards me and I smiled at him and then threw an arm around his shoulder, “Staalsy was talking about breakin’ out Mario’s ping pong table and playing beer pong,” I laughed and Tyler smirked towards me. I looked towards Olivia and looked at her confused, “And you’re- I’m sorry, I can’t remember your name.”

“You know what it is Maggie,” she said and I did, but I was trying to prove a point.

“You see, that’s where you’re wrong,” I said and looked at her, “When someone hurts my friends, I try to forget about them, and you are hurting my friend,” I glared at her, “Tyler might not return that slap you just gave him, but don’t you worry, I won’t hesitate to do it for him,” Olivia tensed and I held my hard look at her, when she was about to say something, I took a step closer to her and just looked down at her, “Whatever you were about to say, I’d rethink about it. It’s Christmas and you’re ruining the atmosphere, so just leave.”

“This is none of your business,” she hissed and I smirked.

“You should just stop, you’re just talking nonsense,” I said and she glared, “You need me to call you a cab?” I asked, but I knew she came separately, thanks to Vero, “Let me get your coat for you.”

“Already got it,” I heard and saw Vero waling over with it.

I smiled and took it off of her and shoved it into Olivia’s arm, “There,” I spun her around and walked her to the door, “Have a Merry Christmas,” I said and then closed the door and was sure to lock it.

When I turned around, a smirk clearly on my face, I saw all the guys looking at me from the living room, all the women from the other room, and Tyler just standing there looking sad. The guys were clapping and I laughed and walked down the two steps from the door and towards Tyler. I patted his shoulder and kissed his cheek.

“You deserve better,” I said and he gave me a small smile and nodded his head.

“Thanks,” he breathed and I smiled and nodded my head, patting his arm and then heading towards the room where the guys were, hearing them clapping.

“Now all we need to do is get rid of Geno’s falling tower,” I heard Max say and I let out a laugh, talking about Geno’s Russian skank, Oksana, “Mags, take care of that too.”

“Where is Geno?” I asked as I looked around, “I thought we were the last to show up.”

“Nope, he’s still not here either,” Sidney said and I rolled my eyes.

-Kris-
Mario’s two oldest daughters Laruen and Stephanie were laughing at something Maggie had said as they stood in the corner of the room. Mario had the NHL channel on and they were talking about all the games from the night before, most of the guys were watching, while the others were in Mario’s game room, or still talking in the living room.

I was standing next to Marc pretending to pay attention to the TV, but really just watching Maggie. I heard chuckling next to me and turned to see Marc smirking towards me.

“You really like her, huh?” he asked me in French so that our conversation could be private since Pascal and Max weren’t in the room, the other French speaking people on the team.

“I think it’s more than that, I think I love her,” I said and Marc smiled and patted my shoulder.

“Well, she’s not like Geno or TK’s girlfriends, we actually like her,” Marc said and I chuckled and nodded my head, taking a sip of my beer that I held in my hand.

“She’s your teammate, she’s gunna be like,” I laughed and Marc shrugged his shoulders.

“Not necessarily,” he said and I nodded my head because he was right, on some teams, not all teammates get along.

“Maggie, Maggie, Maggie! Come on! It’s later!” Vero squealed as she ran over towards Maggie, Pascal’s wife behind her.

“What’s going on?” Sidney asked from the coach in front of me.

“We want her to sing!” Vero said and I smirked, “She said later.”

“I said maybe!” Maggie said and I laughed.

“Oh hush, you’re doing it!” Nathalie said as she walked into the room.

“Yes!” Vero said and took Maggie’s hand, “It’s not fair that the guys got to hear and we didn’t.”

“But you said you saw the video!” Maggie whined as she was pulled out of the room.

“Marc, get Mike!” Vero ordered and Marc chuckled and nodded his head.

I watched as Marc walked off and I looked towards Vero and Marc, they had been together since they were sixteen, ‘…I want a relationship like that with Maggie…’