Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Twenty Six

-Maggie-
“Guys, really, I’m all right, you don’t need to look at me like I’m a fragile kid,” I growled, annoyed because we were at Max’s party trying to have a good time, but everyone just kept on asking me and Emma if we were all right, news traveling fast that we were in an accident.

“You-“

“Sid, I swear to God, if you finish that sentence, I will punch you in your face,” I snapped and Sidney chuckled and just hugged me, “You guys are a pain in the ass sometimes.”

“We love you, that’s why,” he said and I sighed and hugged him back.

“Hey! There’s the pretty girl!” I heard and turned around to see Max making his way to Emma, who was standing next to Mike, they were talking and drinking.

I parted from Sidney and made my way to the kitchen to see Kris, Jordan, Tyler and Geno taking some shots. I smiled and came up next to Kris and instantly felt his arm around my waist as he placed his glass back on the counter.

“What are we drinking?” I asked and picked up a bottle, “Tequila, nice.”

Jordan collected all of the glasses and then added another one; Geno poured the liquid into the glasses and then slid them down to everyone, myself included. Geno toasted something in Russian and we all took back the shot, I smiled as I felt the warm burning familiar feeling down my throat.

“Whoa! Look at Mags go!” Jordan laughed and then gave me a side hug.

“Fifty bucks says that Mags can drink more than Gronk!” Tyler said and I rolled my eyes.

“It’s not fair,” I said and the guys looked at me, “Staalsy has had way more than me. Postpone that bet, that way we can start drinking at the same time,” I explained and they nodded their heads, “And then Staalsy, I’ll out drink you.”

“Oh, I’d like to see you try,” he laughed and then kissed my head.

“You’re on!”

I kept telling myself that we couldn’t go too crazy because of the game tomorrow, and I needed to go out and get a rental car because I currently didn’t have a vehicle. I looked at the clock and saw that it was eleven thirty, almost time for the ball to drop. Max had the celebration on his TV, though I highly doubted that anyone was paying attention to it. Music was blasting through his speakers, so loud that you wouldn’t be able to hear what the people on TV were saying.

It was getting hot in the big house, so I walked outside and onto the porch to get some cold winter air. I heard the sound of my heels clanking against the wooden porch as I walked over towards the railing and leaned against it, being sure to wipe the snow away. It had stopped snowing a few hours ago; I looked at Max’s backyard, all of the untouched snow that seemed to sparkle in the moonlight.

The backdoor opened, but I didn’t bother to turn around, I felt arms around me and knew instantly that it was Kris. I leaned back against him and felt him kiss my neck; he smelled like alcohol, then again, I probably did as well. I told myself one more drink, and I was saving that drink for midnight, when we all took a shot of whatever we were given.

“You’re cold,” Kris mumbled against my neck.

“You’re warm,” I giggled and turned my head to see him looking at me, “And you look tired.”

“I didn’t sleep well last night,” he said and I turned around and pressed my lips against his, “Someone had me up most of the night.”

I giggled, knowing that it was me. The hotel that we stayed at last night had booked the team one less of a room, and this time we had an odd about of players because against Ottawa, Paul Martin was hurt. So after begging Ben Lovejoy, since he had two beds, but it was just him, I got Ben to room with Mike while Kris and I took over his room, we didn’t sleep much though.

When I was getting really cold, Kris and I walked back into the house and to where the party was at. Everyone looked like they were having a good time, even Sidney, who I was surprised to see here, but I was sure that he was watching his alcohol intake.

The clock was ticking down, fifteen seconds until midnight, shots of the mysterious liquid was being handed out in red solo cups, Max not having enough shot glasses. He asked if everyone had one as it clicked to five seconds, everyone did.

We started to count, it hit zero, shouts were heard, everyone took their shot and almost gagged, tasted like a mix of four different hard liquors. Just as I swallowed the liquid, Kris spun me around and pressed his lips hard against mine. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck and he pulled me close to his body.

“Happy New Year,” he breathed against me as he pulled back a little.

“Happy New Year,” I smiled and then we all headed outside because someone was setting off fireworks.

Kris, Mike, Emma and I stayed for about another half hour and then decided to leave. Some had already left after midnight struck; although plenty were still at Max’s. Kris dropped Mike off and then drove down the street to my place and pulled into the driveway. He wasn’t staying, so I leaned over and pressed my lips against his.

“Thanks for the ride,” I said and Kris smiled and nodded his head, “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Today,” he chuckled and I rolled my eyes and nodded my head.

“Fine today,” I giggled and pressed my lips against him again, “Bye.”

“Mags! I’m cold, come on!”

“Coming!” I yelled and then walked towards the house to unlock the front door because Emma forgot her key.

-Kris-
I should have just stayed at Maggie’s place last night, because it’s almost ten in the morning and I find myself back at Maggie’s place. I was waiting in my car, already texting her saying that I was here. Today we were going to get Maggie’s rental car, but first we were going to look at some cars in possibility that her jeep really was totaled, which I think it was.

“Hi,” Maggie smiled as she hopped into my SUV and then leaned over to press her lips onto mine. When she pulled back, I grabbed her face and pressed my lips against hers, she giggled against my lips and then opened her mouth so that we could fight each other for dominance, I won. I tasted the mint toothpaste that remained in her mouth and heard her groaned. I pulled back and smirked towards her, “Hello to you too.”

I chuckled and then turned my vehicle back on and pulled out of her driveway. The drive to the dealership was about a half hour long, there we spent almost an hour looking at jeeps or SUVs. She ended up looking at the newer Ranger Rover, but then quickly changed to a smaller Escalade.

“If you get the Escalade, get tinted windows,” I muttered into her ear as I wrapped my arms around her waist and pushed her back into my chest.

“Why?”

“Because that way we can be out in public and I can still fuck you,” I breathed and heard her giggle and saw the blush on her face.

“Are we gunna be those horny teenagers that go to the drive-ins and not pay attention to the movie?” she asked and I chuckled.

“We can be,” I said and she leaned her head back on my shoulder.

“Too bad the drive-ins are closed,” she said and I snorted and kissed her cheek.

We were there for about fifteen more minutes and Maggie said that she needed to get her rental car; she wasn’t going to make a decision today. Her rental car was a Tahoe, she liked the big vehicles. I looked at my watch and saw that it was almost noon, Maggie was texting someone; I smiled and then placed my hand on her thigh as I pulled up to a red light. She looked at me and smiled and then placed her hand on top of mine.

“Who are you talking to?”

“Emma, she’s heading to the Consol, she’s nervous,” she said and I nodded my head.

“She starts today, right?”

“Yeah, I’m happy that she’s here,” she said and I smiled and took her hand and kissed it.

“We going to Flower’s for lunch?” I asked and Maggie laughed and nodded her head.

“If Vero’s cookin’, then definitely,” Maggie said and I chuckled and nodded my head, deciding that I was going to get on the highway to head to Marc’s.

When we pulled into Marc’s driveway, I saw that there were other people here. Maggie and I got out and headed for the front door. I knocked and then opened the door, just walking in, because that’s what we usually did. I saw Vero walk into the hallway with a rag in her hand. Her eyes widened and she looked back towards the other room and walked forward.

“Geno brought the bitch,” Vero said and I sighed and rolled my eyes, no one really liked Geno’s girlfriend, Oksana.

“Well, according to TK, I got rid of Olivia, maybe I can get rid of- What’s her name?”

“Oksana,” Vero said and Maggie sighed.

“Yeah, that one,” she said and I smirked and laced her fingers in mine.

“Why wasn’t she at Max’s?”

“She was,” Vero said and Maggie and I shook our heads, “You didn’t see her?”

“No, wasn’t really looking for her, either,” Maggie said and I nodded my head.