Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Fifty Two

Out of all of our preseason games, we lost one out of six; we lost out last game, an away one against the Red Wings. Our team was looking really good and I was happy.

Right now we were in Vancouver, we had a game against the Canucks tomorrow night, but tonight, Mike and I were getting ready to go to dinner with all the family from my father’s side. Apparently we were going to some fancy restaurant so Mike and I were getting dressed in what we would wear to the game tomorrow. I was happy to hear that some of them would be attending our get the next night.

There was a knock at the door, Mike was in the shower and I was only in my underwear, my dress laid out on the bed. I grabbed my robe and walked over towards the door, opening it and smiling when I saw Kris.

“I was hoping to see you before you left,” he said and I smiled and pulled him into the room and pressed my lips against his.
He pushed me back to the bed and climbed on top of me, slowly running his hands up my legs and kissing my neck. I wrapped my legs around his waist and watched as he untied my robe and saw my satin strapless black bra and matching underwear. I moaned when he started to kiss down my stomach and then pressed his lips against mine and rubbed his hands over my body.

I giggled and ran my fingers through his hair, but stopped when I heard the water in the bathroom stop, I pushed Kris up and closed my robe, he looked at me confused, “Mikey’s in the bathroom.”

“Oh,” he said and chuckled. Kris stood up and pulled me up; he cupped my face and pressed his lips against mine. My hands were on his chest and then I moved them up and tangled them in his hair, “When do you plan on comin’ back?” he asked as he leaned his forehead against mine.

“Not too late,” I said and he nodded his head and kissed my forehead. I backed up and undid my robe and grabbed my dress, stepped into it and pulled it up my body and pulled my arms through the sleeves. Kris came up behind me and zipped up the dress and then kissed my neck and ran his fingers over my shoulders and down my arm.

“Love you,” he breathed and I smiled and turned towards him, I pressed my lips against his and wrapped my arms around his neck and felt his wrap around my waist, I giggled when I felt my feet lift from the floor.

“Yeah, can we not do that while I’m here,” I heard and Kris and I turned our heads to see Mike standing in the bathroom doorway buttoning up his shirt and fixing his collar, “I’d appreciate it.”

“Sorry Mikey,” I giggled and kissed Kris’ cheek.

“So why isn’t lover boy coming with us?” Mike asked and I walked over towards the dresser and started to put my jewelry on.

“I asked Uncle Ben if he could come, they didn’t really get to see him at the Christmas party, our Aunts kept hogging him,” I giggled and Kris rolled his eyes, “But they said they wanted to see just us.”

“Probably for the best, Uncle Ron and Uncle Jim probably would have made you each sit on opposite ends of the table and they would have grilled him all night,” Mike chuckled and Kris smirked.

I looked at Kris, “I wouldn’t smirk, they’ve done it before.”

“What?” Kris asked and Mike looked up.

“Oh, you thought I was joking? Naw, they’ve done it to Maggie before,” he said and smirked, “The guys in our family are a little-“

“Overprotective,” I finished and looked at Kris and winked, “If you haven’t noticed,” I said and nudged my head towards Mike.

“I think I noticed once or twice,” Kris chuckled and I smiled towards him.

Mike’s phone went off when he was slipping his belt on, he picked it up and looked at it as I finished up curling my hair, “Uncle Jim’s downstairs,” Mike said and I turned off my curling iron and unplugged it.

“All right, five minutes,” I said and Mike rolled his eyes.

“Girls,” he muttered and Kris chuckled.

I finished up on my makeup and then slipped on my heels, “There! I’m finished, not even five minutes!” I said and Mike rolled his eyes, “Come on,” Mike, Kris and I left the room, Mike being the last one out. I looked towards Kris, “What are you doing tonight?”

“Goin’ to dinner with some of the guys,” he said and I nodded my head and he pressed his lips against mine, “Have fun, babe.”

“I will,” I smiled and kissed his cheek.

“Love you,” he said and I smiled and waved as Mike and I walked down the hallway.

“Love you too,” I said and Mike pulled me into the elevator before I decided not to go out.

“So how long has it been?” Mike asked as the door closed and I looked at him confused, “Since you two started dating?”

“It’ll be a year in November,” I smiled and Mike nodded his head.

“I like him,” he said and I smiled.

“I’m glad.”

We got off the elevator in the lobby and headed outside where we found Uncle Jim’s SUV to be waiting for us. I smiled brightly as I got into the vechile and saw my family, our cousins all the way in the back and our Aunt and Uncle in the front.

“It’s so good to see you!” Dana, my younger cousin, said as she hugged me from behind, “You’re so pretty.”

“Thanks,” I smiled and patted her arm, “I’ll hug you right when we get there.”

“All right,” she giggled and Mike and I saw hi to Dana’s younger brother, Eric, who seemed too engrossed in his video game.

“So how are you two?” Aunt Lisa said from the front seat.

“We’re fine, ready for our game tomorrow,” Mike smiled and I nodded my head.

“We’re sitting in section- What was it dear?”

“I can’t remember, I know we’re like six rows up from the glass by the penalty box,” Uncle Jim said and I smiled.

“Are you all sitting together?” I asked and Aunt Lisa nodded her head.

“Ten of us are going!” she said and I smiled.

“We’ll have to have someone come and get you after the game and bring you down to the locker room,” I said and Dana squealed.

“That would be so awesome!” she said and I laughed.

We drove for a little while and then Uncle Jim pulled into some parking lot and parked the vehicle. We all got out and I was attacked with hugs from my Aunt and Dana. I laughed and hugged them and then walked with them into the restaurant while Mike, Uncle Jim and Eric walked behind us, Mike was teasing Eric by taking his game and pulling him in for a hug.

“So how’s hockey goin’, Dana?” I asked because like me, she was on her high school hockey team.

“We were so close last year, but we didn’t make it into the playoffs,” she said and I nodded my head, “We had of freshmen last year and then this guy that transferred for Ottawa, he’s a Junior and he’s really good.”

“You’ll get to be amazing soon enough,” I said and she nodded her head.

“I want to be just like you!” she said and I giggled and pulled her in for a side hug, “Amber said that you visited her when you go to Toronto.”

“Yeah, I saw her in April,” I said and Dana nodded her head, “I try to visit you all when I’m in your cities.”

“We miss you,” she said and I kissed her head.

“I miss you too, kiddo,” I said and we headed towards a room where there was a big table and most of our family was there. Mike and I were attacked with hugs, kisses and hellos; excitement was oozing from everyone as we were reunited with family.

-Mike-
Maggie and I sat next to each other, dinner was over and we had talked the whole time we were there, mostly to our Uncles about the team and about how we thought our team was going to play tomorrow. A lot of my family who didn’t see Maggie over the summer wanted to know how she was doing after her injury, our younger cousins wanted to see the scar.

After dinner, I had some after dinner drinks with my Uncles while Maggie and Dana split a brownie and ice cream dessert, Maggie only eating the cherry on top and some of the ice cream. Our Aunts were talking about something and some of our younger cousins were talking with Maggie.

“Oh, Maggie, where’s the cutie that you were with at Christmas?” Aunt Jane asked a few seats down from Maggie and I smirked, wondering when Kris was going to come up.

“Uh, he’s back at the hotel,” Maggie answered and our female cousins were teasing Maggie, making her blush.

“Well, why didn’t you bring him?! I wouldn’t mind seeing his pretty face again,” Aunt Lisa said and I managed to let out a laugh and Maggie elbowed me.

“You’ll see him after the game tomorrow,” she said and they smiled brightly and I looked towards my Uncles and knew that look on their faces.

“I like him,” I said to my Uncles and they looked at me, “He takes good care of her, and if he didn’t, I’d kick his ass.”

“Mike,” Maggie hissed and my Uncles laughed.

“Good to hear, son,” Uncle Ron said and patted my back.

“So how long have you two been together?” Dana asked and I looked towards Maggie to see her smiling brightly.

“Almost a year,” she said and the girls squealed and I rolled my eyes and looked at my Uncles.

“Women.”