Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Fifty Three

“So do you think you’ll make it to the Olympics?” I asked my cousin Amber and she smiled towards me and nodded her head, “Well you have plenty of time to perfect your moves, I mean it’s 2011.”

“I’ve got until February of 2014 to shake what my Momma gave me,” she said and I laughed and nodded my head.

A month had passed, we’ve been doing pretty well, we were twelve games into the season and only lost four of them. Right now we were in Toronto getting ready for our game against the Maple Leafs the next night. I was out with my cousin Amber at her apartment, we had ordered pizza and were enjoying the night in with wine and conversation, catching up on everything that had happened since April.

This Toronto game was the start of our three game away trip, the day after tomorrow’s game, we’ll be heading to California to play a game against the Sharks and Kings, and then head home for a game against the Stars and then leave the next morning for North Carolina for a game against the Hurricanes.

After spending time with my cousin, I left and headed back to the hotel. When I got to the rom it was after midnight and I found that Mike wasn’t there. I called his phone because we were all supposed to be back at midnight, he didn’t answer and I was hoping that he didn’t get wasted and pass out at a club like he’s done in the past, because I know he and some of the guys were going out to have some fun.

I called Emma’s room phone and she answered sounding tired, “Hey, sorry to wake you, I can’t find Mikey and I’m hoping that-“

“He’s here with me,” she said and I was a little surprised.

“What?”

“Yeah, he came to my room, he’s a little drunk, but he’s sleeping it off,” she giggled and I smiled.

“All right, as long as he’s all right,” I laughed a little, “Night.”

“Night girl,” she said and we hung up the phone and I got ready for bed.

Mike and Emma were officially a couple and I was always teasing my brother on how he took his sweet time to ask her, knowing that he’s liked her for a few years now.

Sometime during the night, I was fast asleep; I heard someone pounding on my door and snapped my eyes opened to see that it was just after three in the morning. I groaned and pushed myself out of the bed, hearing the pounding continue and drug my feet towards the door.

“This better be good,” I growled as I opened the door and saw Kris fall forward a little, apparently he was leaning against the door, “Wha- Kris?”

“Hey pretty lady,” he smiled towards me, but his eyes were a little closed.

“You’re drunk,” I said and he shook his head and I smirked, “You’re drunk,” he started to knock on the door and I grabbed his hand, “I’m right here, stop knocking, you’re going to wake the whole floor!”

“Too late,” I heard and looked up to see an annoyed Pascal and Sidney.

“Sorry,” I said and felt Kris lean against me, “Heavy,” I said and kind of pulled him into the room, “You smell like booze.”

“I was out,” he slurred and I rolled my eyes.

No![]/i] I never would have guessed,” I said and pulled him into the bathroom and leaned him against the counter as I started to unbutton his shirt, wanting to get him cleaned up before I threw him in the shower.

Kris started to slur some French, a smirk on his face and he pulled down his pants and pushed me against the wall and pressed his lips against mine. I groaned when he kissed my neck, but then pushed him back and told him to get into the shower.

I sighed and walked out of the bathroom and headed for Mike’s bag and grabbed a pair of sweats and brought them back into the bathroom and laid them on the counter. I left again and went to lay back on my bed, wanting to get some sleep.

I don’t know how long my eyes were closed before I felt Kris climb into the bed and pull himself on top of me, “Kris, come on, I want to sleep,” I said and he started to kiss my neck.

I rolled onto my back and looked up towards him to see that he was shirtless and moving his hands under my shirt, soon making me shirtless.

-Mike-
I blinked my eyes awake and picked up my head to see that I was lying against Emma, my head was on her shoulder and her fingers were in my hair. I smiled towards her and kissed her shoulder, she blinked her eyes awake and she smiled at me.

“Feeling better?” she asked and I smirked and shoved my face into the pillow, hearing her giggle, “You were pretty drunk.”

“I haven’t drank that much in a while,” I muttered against the pillow and then sat up and looked at her, “Thanks for looking after me.”

“Oh baby, you’re a riot when you’re drunk,” she giggled and I chuckled and pressed my lips against hers.

“Glad I could entertain you,” I said and then pushed myself off of the bed, “But I better get back to my room before Mags wakes up.”

“Oh, she knows you’re here,” she said and I looked at her, “She called looking for you, was worried, but then calmed down when I told her you were here.”

“Saves me an explaination,” I chuckled and Emma walked over towards me and grabbed me by the strings of my sweats and pulled me back towards the bed.

“Come on, you’ve got a few hours before you need to be at the rink,” she said and I looked at the clock to see that it was just after seven.

“I wish, but you know the rule,” I said and she sighed and nodded her head. I placed my hand on the back of her neck and pressed my lips against hers, “Definitely after the game though.”

She giggled and I nodded my head, “You better go then.”

“See ya, babe,” I said and then headed for the door and opened it, looked back and forth in the hall and then darted for my room, hoping that no one will see me. I got to my room and then groaned when I realized that I didn’t have my key. I cursed and then knocked on the door, hoping that Maggie would answer me.

“So what were you up to last night?” I heard and turned to see a smirking dressed Pascal with a cup of coffee in his hand.

“Nothing,” I blushed and he laughed.

“You and Tanger seemed to be having fun with your girls,” he said and then opened his door and walked in.

‘…Tanger?...’ I thought and looked back at my door, and then groaned because he was probably in there with Maggie. I knocked on the door again, a little harder this time and Maggie opened it looking tired, “Forgot my key.”

“Did you have fun with Emma?” she giggled and looked at me only in my sweats.

“Did you have fun with Tanger?” I asked and she rolled her eyes and moved so I could walk into the room. I looked towards her bed and saw him lying on his stomach totally passed out.

“Are those my sweats?” I asked and Maggie sighed.

“Sorry, his other clothes reeked of booze and I made him take a shower,” Maggie said and I nodded my head and went to my bed.

-Maggie-
Toronto and I were tied at three just about the whole game when late in the third period they scored against Marc and managed to win the game. I was a little disappointed in myself because I just managed to get one assist and I was exhausted on the ice, Kris and Mike, as well as some of the other guys that went out last night weren’t playing as well as they usually did, all tired from their actions throughout the night.

There was a reason why there was a rule saying not to have too much fun the night before a game, because during the game we were pretty much good for nothing.

After the game, we headed back to the hotel where we were going to spend another night and then head out for California in the morning. Mike ended up going to Emma’s room and Kris came to my room, we laid on the bed together and just pretended to watch whatever was on the TV while thinking about last night.

I was looking at the ceiling when I felt Kris starting to kiss my neck, I looked at him and saw him smirking, “Love you.”

I smiled and turned to my side, placing my hand on his neck and pressing my lips against his. I felt his hand move up my side and then down it and onto the small of my back. I pulled back and felt his other hand slide under me and pull me closer to him, “I love you too.”

“You’re so pretty,” he gushed and kissed my neck and I laughed because that’s all he was telling me last night.

“You know, we’re never having sex before a game again,” I said and he looked at me.

“Why?”

Why? I think Sid was gunna kill us because he knew why we were tired,” I said and Kris smirked, “Not to mention you woke him and Duper up when you were pounding on my door at three in the morning.”

“I really wanted to see you,” he said and kissed my cheek and I giggled, “Like really really badly.”

“You don’t say.”